What kind of wifi extender do I need for my Xbox 360

Discus and support What kind of wifi extender do I need for my Xbox 360 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; What kind of wifi extender do I need for my Xbox 360? d5f635a5-91cc-4e73-878b-389df4175534 Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by elizabeth carpenter2, Feb 11, 2024.

1. What kind of wifi extender do I need for my Xbox 360

What kind of wifi extender do I need for my Xbox 360?

:)

elizabeth carpenter2, Feb 11, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Elizabeth, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Which Xbox 360 console model do you have?

If you have an original model, you also need an Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter to connect your console to your wireless network.

As for extenders, I believe any will do fine.

For more information: https://support.xbox.com/help/xbox-360/networking/configure-wireless-settings
  3. DrifterX22 Win User

Internet Problems

What model Xbox 360 do you have?

The 360S model runs at 2.4Ghz

You may need the wireless N adapter or you could get a wireless extender to connect to the wifi and plug an ethernet cable into that.
  4. Troy Connor Sr. Win User

I need SERIOUS help!

Hello, new question hopefully the right place I have two wifi extenders that bring internet to my computer. I have my xbox 360 about 20 feet away. I noticed that I could play a movie that was on my hard drive on my xbox however when I tried the feed was
    jerkey I thought that it was my computer but I was able to watch the movie on my laptop and it was fine. am I doing something wrong or do I need another wi fi extender ?
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Mywifiext.net Or Mywifiext.local Login Setup Steps Page Guide | Troubleshooting Steps Guide?

Hi ! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Sorry to hear that you have troubles with your WiFi range extender, unfortunately for this kind of issues you need to contact the manufacturer of the network hardware
  6. EnduringCrewj Win User

wifi extender

sometimes the broadcast extender doesn't broadcast the signal it's meant to extend and what ends up happening is that the devices that do connect are connecting to the original access point.

as rise of shipley stated, certain devices have a stronger reach for wifi.

can you see if you can truly connect to the wifi extender through your laptop or cell phone?

often times, this requires you to login to the wifi extender's interface and seeing what devices are connecting to it.
Thema:

1. What kind of wifi extender do I need for my Xbox 360 - Similar Threads - kind wifi extender

2. I bought Xbox series X in Sweden. What kind of adaptor I would need for it to work in the US?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought Xbox series X in Sweden. What kind of adaptor I would need for it to work in the US?: I am moving from Sweden to the US. I want to understand what kind of adaptor is needed for my appliances to work in the US. 3fa1c45a-2806-4ad4-9279-b6a95f0cc042
  3. Is there any way that we can get a refund off of this thing or no cuz I'm kind of sick of...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any way that we can get a refund off of this thing or no cuz I'm kind of sick of...: If there's a refund for this please tell us now because I would like this to stop popping up on my bank account please Microsoft do something about it or else we'll call the cops I'm about sick of...
  4. What kind of hardware issue am I having when the monitor turns off and fans start spinning...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What kind of hardware issue am I having when the monitor turns off and fans start spinning...: Been having this issue lately whenever I play some games like disney speedstorm, my pc is still on and fans start spinning faster but I still hear sound coming from the PC. Been searching and...
  5. Does anyone knows what kind of error is this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone knows what kind of error is this?: "Failed to start cloud gaming session You don't currently own . In order to play this game, you will need to purchase the game or a subscription that includes it. Go back cV:...
  6. Why would an Xbox app on a PC have a player in the taskbar window as if it were some kind...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why would an Xbox app on a PC have a player in the taskbar window as if it were some kind...: Why would an Xbox app on a PC have a player in the taskbar window as if it were some kind of music app? 59322c3f-60f9-438a-bec7-6fb10174053e
  7. I need some kind of help with my enforcement ban.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need some kind of help with my enforcement ban.: I got killed and tea bagged by my teammate. Then my deathbox/body was shot a bunch. So yes I did get really frustrated and sent two bad messages trash prolly shouldn't have but I mean nothing will...
  8. Wold you kindly remove the call of duty when starting up my xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wold you kindly remove the call of duty when starting up my xbox: Please remove the Call of Duty when turning on my Xbox. dd1e52fb-c6f7-4aa0-b765-089e7634c8ce
  9. Did game pass solve this kind of problems ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Did game pass solve this kind of problems ?: My question is if I had already a disk game and it's been installed in my console but the disk is gone..... if I get a game pass shall the game works. 7f900d1d-2f45-46e6-abd0-c024584dedbf
  10. Can I use some kind of adaptor to connect my Xbox one to wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I use some kind of adaptor to connect my Xbox one to wifi?: My Xbox one won't connect to wifi for some security reason that I can't change. Can I use some kind of USB or Ethernet adaptor to wirelessly connect to wifi? I can use wifi whene I'm plugged into...