What kind of dishonorable practices are Microsoft running? Refunding a product I have...

Discus and support What kind of dishonorable practices are Microsoft running? Refunding a product I have... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought a Forza 4 + Forza 5 bundle from the MS store about 6 days ago and today I wake up and see that this has been refunded. I never asked for a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by zork90, Nov 23, 2022.

1. zork90
    zork90 Guest

What kind of dishonorable practices are Microsoft running? Refunding a product I have...

I bought a Forza 4 + Forza 5 bundle from the MS store about 6 days ago and today I wake up and see that this has been refunded. I never asked for a refund, why does MS decide they can refund it and remove it from my library without telling me or asking me? This is truly some dishonorable and disgraceful behavior from Microsoft, scamming your customers eh. Best believe I will never ever again in my lifetime purchase anything from your store regardless of pricing.

:)

zork90, Nov 23, 2022
  2. zork90 Win User

What kind of dishonorable practices are Microsoft running? Refunding a product I have purchased fairly from your store without my permission?

Keep telling yourself that but from the POV from a customer, it is exactly the same feeling and treatment.

Sorry to say, your rules are genuinely trash. A lot of platforms have similar rules but when they do make mistakes, they honor their mistakes. Never seen this kind of behavior honestly and was not expecting it from Microsoft. To not even give any kind of explanation when doing your unauthorized refund, yikes.

Anyway good, I will never be buying anything regardless of pricing from MS again.
  3. Georges C. Win User

What kind of dishonorable practices are Microsoft running? Refunding a product I have purchased fairly from your store without my permission?

Hello again, as this forum is public viewing and unfortunately as independent consultants we do not have access there is some data nor your account, to help you with this case.

To effectively clarify this issue, it is necessary that you contact Microsoft support directly via chat, so that they can clarify you, however I believe that you will not get the game back since it was a system error that caused the price error.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/contact-us/
  4. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Zork90, if you are referring to the system error that introduced in the Microsoft store to put the Forza price far below the unsupported market price, if this is the case, Microsoft reserves the right to cancel the purchase of the product and refund the amount, this condition is written in the Microsoft Terms of Sale code.

"Microsoft reserves the right to refuse, reject, cancel, terminate or not to process any order (including accepted orders) at any time, refunding you any monies you have paid for the order, for reasons which include, but are not limited to, if you have not met the conditions specified at the time of the order, if your payment cannot be processed, if the ordered Products are not available, where the price or other material information on the Store is inaccurate or for other errors. In the event of pricing or other errors, we may, in our discretion, either (a) cancel your order or purchase or (b) contact you for instructions. In the event of cancellation, your access to any associated Digital Content will be disabled."

Microsoft Store Terms of Sale

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/storedocs/terms...
  5. Smwutches Win User

The difference in buying a physical item and buying digital is that you agree to licensing rules when you buy the content. You're buying a license to play the game, not the game itself and the rules do state that the license can be revoked at any time.
  6. zork90 Win User

Hi and thank you for the reply Georges,

I do wonder if you and MS genuinely believe this is a good business practice? To refund like this without giving me, your customer, any explanation or reasoning. Having your customer have to waste time on getting on these boards to find out what is going is just disgraceful.

Imagine you enter a store and find an item you like that for no fault of your own has its price labeled wrong. You buy this item and bring it home, put it on your kitchen table. 6 days later the store owner and its employees break in to your home, steal the item from you and leave a dollar on the kitchen table.

This is essentially what Microsoft has just done, and Im not having it.

I will have no choice but to create a ticket with the Swedish Customer Agency because of principals, this is some really low, dishonorable and sketchy stuff from MS.
Thema:

1. What kind of dishonorable practices are Microsoft running? Refunding a product I have... - Similar Threads - kind dishonorable practices

2. Is there any way that we can get a refund off of this thing or no cuz I'm kind of sick of...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any way that we can get a refund off of this thing or no cuz I'm kind of sick of...: If there's a refund for this please tell us now because I would like this to stop popping up on my bank account please Microsoft do something about it or else we'll call the cops I'm about sick of...
  3. What kind of wifi extender do I need for my Xbox 360

in XBoX on Windows
    What kind of wifi extender do I need for my Xbox 360: What kind of wifi extender do I need for my Xbox 360? d5f635a5-91cc-4e73-878b-389df4175534
  4. What kind of hardware issue am I having when the monitor turns off and fans start spinning...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What kind of hardware issue am I having when the monitor turns off and fans start spinning...: Been having this issue lately whenever I play some games like disney speedstorm, my pc is still on and fans start spinning faster but I still hear sound coming from the PC. Been searching and...
  5. Does anyone knows what kind of error is this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone knows what kind of error is this?: "Failed to start cloud gaming session You don't currently own . In order to play this game, you will need to purchase the game or a subscription that includes it. Go back cV:...
  6. Why would an Xbox app on a PC have a player in the taskbar window as if it were some kind...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why would an Xbox app on a PC have a player in the taskbar window as if it were some kind...: Why would an Xbox app on a PC have a player in the taskbar window as if it were some kind of music app? 59322c3f-60f9-438a-bec7-6fb10174053e
  7. I need some kind of help with my enforcement ban.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need some kind of help with my enforcement ban.: I got killed and tea bagged by my teammate. Then my deathbox/body was shot a bunch. So yes I did get really frustrated and sent two bad messages trash prolly shouldn't have but I mean nothing will...
  8. Wold you kindly remove the call of duty when starting up my xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wold you kindly remove the call of duty when starting up my xbox: Please remove the Call of Duty when turning on my Xbox. dd1e52fb-c6f7-4aa0-b765-089e7634c8ce
  9. Did game pass solve this kind of problems ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Did game pass solve this kind of problems ?: My question is if I had already a disk game and it's been installed in my console but the disk is gone..... if I get a game pass shall the game works. 7f900d1d-2f45-46e6-abd0-c024584dedbf
  10. Why is X Box allowing this kind of abuse from children?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is X Box allowing this kind of abuse from children?: Hello I am now a android developer and have come a long way. Yes I have been a victim to fraud and abuse for years tracking it down to X Box. I have been tracking this problem threw my windows 10...