What is this app?

Discus and support What is this app? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Launching any app on the PC Xbox app asks me to give permission to an unknown app called "M0cb6b3aet" with an "unverified" publisher. Is this app safe?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Moist Scrungus, Feb 7, 2023.

  1. What is this app?


    Launching any app on the PC Xbox app asks me to give permission to an unknown app called "M0cb6b3aet" with an "unverified" publisher. Is this app safe? I can't sign in to play games without accepting it.

    :)
     
    Moist Scrungus, Feb 7, 2023
    #1
  2. Njal the Blue Win User

    what's app

    Hello

    If you have suggestions/ideas you can post them, or vote on existing ideas at xbox uservoice
  3. onyxishere Win User

    What apps

    The console hasn't quite been out for a year yet. Give it time to get all the apps out for it. You can keep track of when things are being released from Major Nelson's Blog.

    http://majornelson.com/
  4. Moist Scrungus Win User

    What is this app?

    Ok a little more testing, signing out of my account on all devices and changing the password, it looks to be the Game itself asking for these permissions, presumably for stat tracking and achievements.
  5. Bazajaytee Win User

    App achievements? What for?

    As you say, they are 0 point achievements and are purely to have people use them and explore the options they offer in the app.
  6. The Unrest Cure Win User

    what is the PBS app?

    It's a shame, as it was a great way to watch PBS episodes - particularly Secrets of the Dead - on a tv rather than a computer monitor. PBS hasn't responded to my emails requesting updated info, and Microsoft just says to watch the app to see when it becomes
    functional again.
Thema:

What is this app?

Loading...
  1. What is this app? - Similar Threads - app

  2. Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates: Hey, I’ve been having an issue on Xbox where game updates no longer show up under Games & Apps > Updates. The weird thing is that when I launch a game that has an update available, I can see that...
  3. Unwanted games appearing in Games & Apps section

    in XboX Insiders
    Unwanted games appearing in Games & Apps section: How can I permanently hide games from my games and apps that I don’t have installed? Since the last update, I have several games appearing in that list but they aren’t installed and I don’t wish...
  4. September 25, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.4.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    September 25, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.4.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 25,...
  5. My games and apps showing more things then I do

    in XboX Insiders
    My games and apps showing more things then I do: Is this a bug ? Or is this a setting somewhere I can’t remove them and I only have 4 of these installed and when I go to uninstall it doesn’t work But shows I have like 10 games on that list...
  6. Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...

    in XboX Insiders
    Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...: We should have the option to select storage options from the app. Choose between internal and expansion slot. submitted by /u/JRest71 [link] [comments]
  7. September 22, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1000.53.0]

    in XboX Insiders
    September 22, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1000.53.0]: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 22,...
  8. XBOX PC app won't close games properly

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX PC app won't close games properly: I know I'm not the only one having this problem as I saw it on some games subreddit, even for not insiders, but to me it's on all of my Xbox Games on PC. When I close them via the in-game menu,...
  9. XBOX Insider App > Manage Devices > (Add?)

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Insider App > Manage Devices > (Add?): I was trying to make sure the Insider program was active with my current console (XBOX Series X). I am only seeing 'XboxOne". There is no 'STAR' to what is the current device, only the option to...
  10. September 14, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2609.1001.16.0]

    in XboX Insiders
    September 14, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2609.1001.16.0]: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 14,...