What is the max Internet Speed the Xbox Series X can receive.

Discus and support What is the max Internet Speed the Xbox Series X can receive. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello Sky has told mt my Xbox Series X can't receive broadband speeds higher than 450mb. I think they are wrong. What is the max speed? Cheers x... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DEATH SLAVES1, May 25, 2023.

1. What is the max Internet Speed the Xbox Series X can receive.

Hello

Sky has told mt my Xbox Series X can't receive broadband speeds higher than 450mb. I think they are wrong.

What is the max speed?

Cheers x

:)

DEATH SLAVES1, May 25, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

The Xbox Series X is equipped with a Gigabit Ethernet port, which theoretically supports speeds up to 1,000 Mbps (1 Gbps). This means that, in ideal conditions, the console should be able to receive broadband speeds up to 1 Gbps.

However, Microsoft servers limit the speed because it divides between all users simultaneously.
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

depends on your area and how many people are using that particular isp service, microsoft does throttle speeds to keep the network moving and so all can benefit, but also some isps throttle certain things to make sure their networks have enough bandwidth for their customers.

sky uses bt lines and i have had both sky and bt, in the evening they tend to throttle downloads in areas where there is busy traffic.

i am now on virgin fibre and gigabit but max i have seen from xbox is approx 450mbps, steam i get around 780mbps, difference here is steam is providing one service, microsoft has multiple services and they have to maintain enough bandwidth for azure, office, email, downloads, etc etc etc.
  4. Jason of Oz Win User

Depends on how you're connected to your local network.

The Xbox Series X has a 1 Gb Ethernet adaptor and an 802.11ac wireless adaptor. While Ethernet can reliably deliver its 1 Gb/s if your internet connection offers it, wireless depends heavily on your wireless access point and its different possible stream configurations. The theoretical maximum 802.11ac can achieve is just shy of 7000 Mb/s; realistically your Xbox's connections are more likely to cap out at 1000 Mb/s on 2.4 GHz and 1300 Mb/s on 5 GHz.

Wireless speeds are difficult to predict due to the shared nature of radio broadcasts.
  5. Ashton Fraser Win User

My internet speed is 1Gbps and my series x is plugged into the router via ethernet. But, My series x is only getting 200mbps with nobody on any devices and no games running in the background. Additionally, the latency on my series x never gets below 60ms whilst my other devices get as low as 9 ms. How do I fix this speed discrepancy on my series x.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox series X|S alternative high speed storage expansion

Hi,

No, sorry it won't work. The USB ports on the Series X|S are USB 3.1 which have a maximum speed of 500MB/s. This means, no matter what drive you buy, no matter what speed it's rated at, you're stuck at the max speed of the USB port.

The only drives that can be used for Series X|S games are either the internal or the storage expansion card.

I have the Expansion card for my Series X. I also have an external 2TB USB SSD in an enclosure. I can only use the external SSD for Xbox One games. They do load a lot faster than a mechanical hard drive, but I can't play my Series X games off it.
Thema:

1. What is the max Internet Speed the Xbox Series X can receive. - Similar Threads - max Internet Speed

2. I reached the max amount of people that you can have as your home Xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    I reached the max amount of people that you can have as your home Xbox: as the title says I reached the max home Xbox’s My question is how can I see All the accounts that have my xbox as there home Xbox bd108644-e57a-4251-aa8e-b1ea285d8493
  3. Minecraft max numbers of same user inside of game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Minecraft max numbers of same user inside of game.: I purchased the Bedrock version of Minecraft but am not able to join the local server with the other 2 ios purchased software. It worked with 2 of the same user but not 3. Well technically it...
  4. Max app shuts down my Xbox X. I just bought the X about 3 weeks ago.

in XboX Insiders
    Max app shuts down my Xbox X. I just bought the X about 3 weeks ago.: It doesn't do it on anything else, I have a bunch of other television apps and the only one that shuts off is Cinemax. It runs for about 30 to 45 minutes and then shuts down. I did everything...
  5. stealth 700 gen2 max for ps ruining audio when in call

in XBoX on Consoles
    stealth 700 gen2 max for ps ruining audio when in call: i use them on my computer, and whenever im in any call, my audio suddenly gets really bad. it's only when im in a call and i have no clue why. 07a2588e-83f4-4d07-b701-35316297c20d
  6. Why does my controller still have stick drift or sticky sticks if my dead zone is set to max?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my controller still have stick drift or sticky sticks if my dead zone is set to max?: Why does my controller still have stick drift or sticks sticks if my dead zone is set to max? This is something that is recent and has not happen over time. When I go forward on the left stick it...
  7. How do I download max payne 1 on my 360?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I download max payne 1 on my 360?: How do I download max payne 1 on my 360 155749e4-2a7f-47f1-a1bf-49c2f3d8d0ac
  8. Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2 Max not connecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2 Max not connecting: Hello, I have had a Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2 Max for 6 months and it has been working fine. I tried to use it the other day and it would not connect so matter how close I got. The usb...
  9. TV volume increases to max when contoller connects

in XBoX Games and Apps
    TV volume increases to max when contoller connects: I have a Wireless controller Series X that I use for cloud gaming with a Samsung TV model S95B. Most of the times, as soon as the controller connects to the TV via Bluetooth, the TV volume moves...
  10. I got black screen while playing gta v in max setting, display lost signal. have to restart...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I got black screen while playing gta v in max setting, display lost signal. have to restart...: this keep happening for couple days now. just only happen when i play gta v. i'm able to play gta v for like 10 - 40 mins then got black screen. the mouse when press esc to get in map or sometime...