What is my warranty on a controller

Discus and support What is my warranty on a controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; the xbox series 2 controller purchased in August has a joystick not working. what is my warranty and how do I get a replacement... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Shawn Hammer, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Shawn Hammer
    Shawn Hammer Guest

the xbox series 2 controller purchased in August has a joystick not working. what is my warranty and how do I get a replacement

:)

Shawn Hammer, Dec 2, 2022
  2. Hamna.S Win User

3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Shawn

Depending on where are you located the warranty may vary.
    In general is 1 year for the Xbox elite series controller

You can double check the warranty in your country here:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/warra...

Now, for your controller you can open a repair / replacement order from here:
    https://account.microsoft.com/devices?refd=acco...

In case you need to know how to pack your controller and more, check this article:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox left stick drifting to the left even after stick replaced - any fix?

Hello Mauricio,

If the controller is out of warranty, there is no repair for out of warranty controllers. The only thing to do is replace the controller. Personally with my controllers this drifting is the main thing I get also. As to what causes it is just use. Controller
    warranties from date of purchase are 90 days.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. rocknroller444 Win User

Controller Analog Stick Drift

What if my warranty was up 2 months ago and my right analog stick is drifting up mr mascot? What then? 90 warranty is ridiculous. I was using normally and not raging with controller! Piece of junk.
  6. GENERAL HIPP0 Win User

Dear Microsoft and whoever this may concern...

Whats the warranty on the controllers?

Ps trust me i've seen rough button pressing and I go very easy on my controllers
Thema:

1. What is my warranty on a controller - Similar Threads - warranty controller

2. Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...: I would like to purchase an extended warranty for my Xbox Series X Elite 2 Design Lab crafted controller. As I saw on Reddit and some other sources that you could purchase an extended warranty for...
  3. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...
  4. Replacement Controller - Warranty Expired on Delivery

in XBoX on Consoles
    Replacement Controller - Warranty Expired on Delivery: I had a Xbox Series Elite 2 Wireless which had lapsed warranty expiration, which had some button response issues. I raised a request for replacement through my account, and paid the $130+ dollars...
  5. Xbox controller purchased in EU shows only 1 year of warranty instead of 2.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller purchased in EU shows only 1 year of warranty instead of 2.: I have purchased Xbox controller through https://xboxdesignlab.xbox.com site in EU. After registering the device, it shows only 1 year of warranty instead of 2. How to update the warranty...
  6. I have sent my controller back for a repair/exchange under warranty but had no update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have sent my controller back for a repair/exchange under warranty but had no update?: I sent my controller via UPS with the label I was provided under warranty from microsoft, I have checked the progress of the controller and on UPS it says it was delivered on the 5th, but I have...
  7. Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...: So last August (08 2023) I signed up for a Gamepass Ultimate Subscription (2 years) under the All Access subscription to get a Series X console. Anyways everything has been great until this past...
  8. What happens to the RMA/warranty process when a new controller comes out?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What happens to the RMA/warranty process when a new controller comes out?: I currently own an Xbox Wireless controller (model 1914 (Series)), and it's having drift on its right thumbstick. I was wondering if it would be wise to hold off on a warranty replacement until...
  9. I've sent my Elite 2 off to warranty twice, now my controller is even worse!

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've sent my Elite 2 off to warranty twice, now my controller is even worse!: Hi, I sent my Elite 2 (fairly new, I didn't think to check warranty initially) off for a warranty fix. I was getting double input on the A and Y button, every now and then LB would double input....
  10. I have returned a controller for warranty work, it is no longer showing on my items list as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have returned a controller for warranty work, it is no longer showing on my items list as...: I have gone through the bot and the website, called multiple numbers and still can’t get anywhere closer. This was a Christmas gift for my daughter and hasn’t worked out of the box. I returned it...