: What is max download speed on Xbox?

Discus and support : What is max download speed on Xbox? in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : What is max download speed on Xbox? Could be throttling due to covid, but then my ISP hasn't throttled as steam downloads full speed. Which begs... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by ModernEpic13, Jul 31, 2021.

1. ModernEpic13
    ModernEpic13 Guest

Whilst a direct comparison with Steam would seem right, don't forget about Microsoft's other non-gaming services...given the surge in demand on Microsoft products (not just Windows but things like Teams etc), it would make sense that they would limit bandwidth in some areas to cater for others...whilst gaming is important, having high speed downloads isn't as important as having the bandwidth for office virtual meetings etc.

Could be wrong but that is what seems to make sense to me...then again, I didn't have a console before the pandemic so no clue what speeds were like then....and my line doesn't get near 100 anyway (think it's currently around 70 and doesn't get throttled)

:)

ModernEpic13, Jul 31, 2021
  2. Nursemorph Win User

Could be throttling due to covid, but then my ISP hasn't throttled as steam downloads full speed. Which begs another question, why does Microsoft throttle the download speeds when Steam has around 30 million more monthly users than Xbox does? If anything I'd have thought MS would have had the technology to keep up with demand more than Steam could.
    Whilst a direct comparison with Steam would seem right, don't forget about Microsoft's other non-gaming services...given the surge in demand on Microsoft products (not just Windows but things like Teams etc), it would make sense that they would limit bandwidth in some areas to cater for others...whilst gaming is important, having high speed downloads isn't as important as having the bandwidth for office virtual meetings etc.

Could be wrong but that is what seems to make sense to me...then again, I didn't have a console before the pandemic so no clue what speeds were like then....and my line doesn't get near 100 anyway (think it's currently around 70 and doesn't get throttled)
  3. Farscape247 Win User

What is max download speed on Xbox?

could also be that the throttling they had implemented last year due to covid and extremely high demand on all networks globally are still in effect in a lot of area's, i know the EU last year ordered all the ISP's in the EU to throttle certain things to keep the internet flowing normally for all.

i have 500Mbps connection and only get 120 to 180Mbps download speed on console and pc via the xbox network, all other connections seem to be ok i.e steam, epic etc where i get full speed downloading.

i know netflix throttled bandwidth too, not sure if they still are or not.
  4. ModernEpic13 Win User

Well that's precisely my point. I had 80mb Internet before for £10 a month and downloads were solid 80mb, now paying £60 for gig Internet and get 20mb more download. Really feel like max download should be documented or advertised somewhere for this exact reason. Especially with new consoles having such pathetic hard drive space, people rely on downloads alot more now
  5. Farscape247 Win User

because they have to cater for everybody using the network. it also depends on how far away the local datacenter you are and the route taken to it. some isps also throttle game downloads to keep their networks free of congestion and let everyone have a descent enough connection. your isp might give you a gigabit connection but the connection to the source of the download could be throttled or reduced in some way.
  6. Nursemorph Win User

Well that's precisely my point. I had 80mb Internet before for £10 a month and downloads were solid 80mb, now paying £60 for gig Internet and get 20mb more download. Really feel like max download should be documented or advertised somewhere for this exact reason. Especially with new consoles having such pathetic hard drive space, people rely on downloads alot more now
    Ah, apologies...my brain decided that reading your entire first post was unecessary!! I missed the part about majority of your downloads being 100....yeah, I wouldn't be happy with that either if in your place
Thema:

1. : What is max download speed on Xbox? - Similar Threads - max download speed

2. How do I download max payne 1 on my 360?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I download max payne 1 on my 360?: How do I download max payne 1 on my 360 155749e4-2a7f-47f1-a1bf-49c2f3d8d0ac
  3. Max Payne 1 & 2 download failure on Xbox 360.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Max Payne 1 & 2 download failure on Xbox 360.: A few days ago I bought Max Payne 1 on the online Xbox store and Max Payne 2 through my 360. However neither of them will download. I go to my download history in settings and they are both...
  4. I can't download Max Payne 1 or 2 when I previously purchaced them on Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't download Max Payne 1 or 2 when I previously purchaced them on Xbox 360: so I bought Max Payne 1 and 2 digitally way back when I had my Xbox 360.I was happy when I saw them finally added to backwards compatibility,however........they don't show up in my library(on...
  5. Max payne 2 on Xbox 360 wont download. Corrupt file.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Max payne 2 on Xbox 360 wont download. Corrupt file.: Ive cleared the cache and done all that it did nothing, other 360 games and original xbox games download just fine it just seems to be a problem with max payne 2 specifically. Anyone got any...
  6. Max Payne 3 - impossible to download part 2 of the game in digital version.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Max Payne 3 - impossible to download part 2 of the game in digital version.: After rockstar disables their max payne 3 servers for xbox360, it is not possible to download part 2 of the game in its digital version. In physical media the game comes with 2 cds, and in digital...
  7. Max payne 2 on Xbox 360: Corrupted Download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Max payne 2 on Xbox 360: Corrupted Download: I wanted to re-download Max payne 2 I bought a while back, but every time I try, the game downloads all the way, taking up space, but the xbox states it cannot download the game, and the download...
  8. Max number of PC can download anywhere games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Max number of PC can download anywhere games: Hi, I bought a digital copy of Gear of War 4 Xbox one + PC. I got 1 code for both platforms. I am wondering how may times/ how may PCs I can download the game for? I have a desktop and a...
  9. Xbox one s max download speed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s max download speed?: does anyone know the max download speed for the Xbox one s b4409cc6-e964-4810-8c12-592e9c56962b
  10. Xbox one max download speed caps at 50Mbps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one max download speed caps at 50Mbps: i am trying to figure out why my Xbox one isn't using most of my download speed. Speedtest (not my ISP theoretical) says I'm getting 380 on desktop and iPhone is getting 368Mbps. Xbox one has open...