What is going on with the XBOX Mass Communication Ban?

Discus and support What is going on with the XBOX Mass Communication Ban? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was banned for no reason, although it stated abuse, which is not accurate at all. I am exceedingly kind and I do not trash talk nor do I associate... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Secret Twilight, Nov 19, 2019.

1. What is going on with the XBOX Mass Communication Ban?

I was banned for no reason, although it stated abuse, which is not accurate at all. I am exceedingly kind and I do not trash talk nor do I associate with people that I do not know very well as I am very introverted. The only reason I am aware that this mass
    ban exists is because I have gone on Youtube, typed in XBOX Ban, I set the settings to the last week, and heard from credible gamers that they and their friends are being Communication Banned and they are just as puzzled as I am. Microsoft Support will not
    help over the phone and I see no way to contact anyone on The Enforcement page that they keep referring me to. My ban was for a day, I appealed, and I still don't know what I did and it is driving me crazy. I am losing sleep, I need to know what happened.
    I feel gaslighted.

So I was wondering why? Is my gamer rep going to be effected? This is the only ban I have had in 14 years of playing. Does this mean more bans will come and I won't see them coming or know why? This has my anxiety very very high and I am afraid to play my
    MMORPG now. I took all my videos down. I made it to where only my friends can contact me on XBOX Live and in games.

Also, why can I not post up a profile picture now? It is a selfie of me from my shoulders up. Plain Jane. I am to assume it was my profile picture since that was the only thing taken down. The only thing you can infer from my profile picture is gender and
    race . . . which makes my mind draw conclusions that I am not comfortable with. This is why it is very important for Microsoft to tell it's gamers exactly what they did wrong. I'm not trying to start any trouble. I genuinely need to know why this happened.
    I am very freaked out What is going on with the XBOX Mass Communication Ban? :(

:)

Secret Twilight, Nov 19, 2019
  2. Jester278 Win User

You tend to find that most bans that are issued come without any explanation given at all, whether justified or not, or obvious or not.

It happened to me once, with a Forza game after creating a design. Nothing wrong with it, nothing abusive, explicit, racist or otherwise offensive, in any way, shape or form & no matter how hard I tried to get an answer as to why I was banned, I got nowhere
    & just ended up having to endure it.

I think this is completely unacceptable & it is far too easy for people to be banned on any platform, for no reason or explanation whatsoever, and in a lot of cases, unjustly.

I think that anyone banned should be issued with a reason for the ban & informed as to what exactly caused it, instead of the usual answer of "You broke the terms and conditions", which is not true at all in some cases.

I would not worry about it, chances are that somebody reported you, or someone with a similar gamertag, for some reason, might not even have been a viable reason, and the ban was imposed without investigation.

I never did get a reason, and it is unlikely you will either.

Your answer was most likely their way of saying they don't know why you were banned, and so they gave you the standard response to cover their backs.

I know that this can weigh heavily on you, since you have no idea what you did, and in my case, I stopped uploading designs completely, eventually leaving the game as a result of the unjust ban.

Your account should not be affected in any other way & there will be no more repercussions, unless you actually do something wrong, so I would just put it down to experience, try not to worry & move on.

Most of us will, at some point in our gaming life, be banned from something for no apparent reason, explanation or justification, & we are unlikely to ever be told as to exactly why this happened, though I highly suspect that it is often down to error or
    a misspelling of a gamertag!
  3. Christyna64 Win User

I keep my settings for Xbox Live Communication to friends only. I don't want to lose my game library and benefits of having a Microsoft account.
  4. Ripins Win User

Sorry to hear about your ban and it is frustrating when you don't know why you have been banned. I have heard a lot if people saying this. It might be a bug in the system.
  5. SlickMoney Win User

Hello!

No need to be afraid to play your games. While I do not know why a ban was issued, if the ban is still active you can visit this page for a case review: https://enforcement.xbox.com/en-US/home/howTo#sub-topic0-6

While on the enforcement page, please also check out the section for Xbox Live Reputation. This should ease your mind about your overall reputation remaining solid.

Sorry there isn’t more information that I can provide.

Hope this helps. Happy gaming!
  6. Niko1664 Win User

Hi Secret Twilight, sorry to hear that and i need to be clear, i'm not going to give an answer to you or explain someting now, i clearly
    don't know what happen, but the number of communications ban or suspension, call them how you want, explode from 3 or 4 days. You're not alone. Many cases were reported to us here on the forum, but we can't do anything except send you to the Enforcement Team
    website to claim informations. Stay quiet, play with your friends and enjoy gaming !
Thema:

1. What is going on with the XBOX Mass Communication Ban? - Similar Threads - going Mass Communication

2. When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...: I have tried reset my Xbox and deleting my games. Tried upnp and Dmz and port forwarding on my router. I have also tried WiFi on my Xbox and still no luck. Any info would be appreciated. Ian...
  3. Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into...: Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into connection mode and just blinks it’s under responsive I am really scared and I don’t know what to do please...
  4. When I turn on xbox I go to cloud gaming sign. I'm not a subscriber. How do I get to my...

in XBoX on Windows
    When I turn on xbox I go to cloud gaming sign. I'm not a subscriber. How do I get to my...: At turn on I am sent to cloud gaming sign in. I'm not a subscriber. Can't access anything. 6c5744a6-9664-4ed1-9942-835786e3c373
  5. why is my Pc screen going black when i play high intensive games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my Pc screen going black when i play high intensive games?: Hello So I've been frustrated for the couple of weeks because I've been trying to fix my gpu from crashing. I've updated the drivers, I've taken out my gpu out of the socket and put it back in,...
  6. was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...

in XBoX on Consoles
    was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...: was playing a game on gaming pc windows 10 and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go down to device says Bluetooth turned off cant seem to find anywhere to turn back...
  7. What is going on with Microsoft Rewards suspending en masse without explanation?

in XBoX on Windows
    What is going on with Microsoft Rewards suspending en masse without explanation?: Can someone please help me understand why my Microsoft Rewards account was suspended, as has apparently happened with many others in the past week, and why Microsoft Rewards is ignoring multiple...
  8. WHAT IS GOING ON?! Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    WHAT IS GOING ON?! Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer: I just paid for an ultimate game pass and I keep getting “An XBOX Live privilege limitation prevents you from accessing this feature.” In case you’re wondering, I’ve checked my parental control...
  9. When is There Going To Be A Option To Mass Deleting Friends

in XboX Insiders
    When is There Going To Be A Option To Mass Deleting Friends: Xbox has been out for centuries and there still isnt a way to mass deleting friends...I have over 700+ friends and I need to clear up my Friends to people I actually still play with. Most people...
  10. Where would you like to see the Mass Effect Series go?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where would you like to see the Mass Effect Series go?: The last two I guess. Actual exploration. I think they nailed the core combat, equipment, and leveling systems pretty well in ME3 but it sorely lacked any meaningful content outside the main...