What is Additional Authentication and How can I fix it?

Discus and support What is Additional Authentication and How can I fix it? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My wifi is connect but wont let me play Never had this problem 61cc99c5-02f7-407d-99a3-5b09f4af69e4 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dalton Johnson1, Mar 18, 2023.

1. What is Additional Authentication and How can I fix it?

My wifi is connect but wont let me play

Never had this problem

:)

Dalton Johnson1, Mar 18, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Dalton!

What exactly is your Xbox console model? When did this issue start to occur?

Try to power cycle your console to clear the system cache. Press and hold Xbox's power button for 10 sec until it turns off. Unplug the power supply for 30 sec. Plug it back in and turn it on again.

Please do the same on your router. Unplug it for at least a minute before turning it back on.
  3. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

How to fix additional authentication

Hi Christian L! I hope you are well, delighted to be able to offer you my help!

This is a problem that is a bit easy to solve, don't worry. The most common steps to solve this problem are:

- Power cycle your router and Xbox console
    - Delete alternate MAC address
    - Use your router's MAC address
    - Restart your Xbox console
    - Contact your ISP for help

In any case, you can obtain additional information at the following link:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/fix-additional-authentication-needed-error-on-xbox-console

Or in the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBP2D79FCuI

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  4. AdamCastaneda Win User

Additional Authentication Needed Fix

Me too, internet is connected but says NAT issue. Was connected last night until late and not working all day todaynas well
    Thats what happend to me to still cant play so i bought a tank and destroyed my xbox and its fixed im kidding but i do have the problem i cant go online it says my NAT or something about my internet but my internet is connected with other devices so somethings
    wrong with the xbox hopefully when i wake uo its fixes.
  5. Speedz228 Win User

Additional Authentication Needed Fix

Me too, internet is connected but says NAT issue. Was connected last night until late and not working all day todaynas well
  6. Janet_C Win User

How do u fix additional authentication needed

Hello!

I'm a Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you.

One of the possible reasons why a console cannot connect to the Internet is because its MAC address has been blacklisted by the router, i.e. someone may have configured the router so that a particular device does not consume bandwidth.

Formatting the router to its factory settings may help.

You can also try a reset by keeping games and applications on the console to rule out that it is a console problem.

Go to Settings>System>Console Information

And restart keeping your games.

Note that the console accounts will be removed, so you will need to have the email and password for each account to log back in.

Your progress, achievements, purchases and other data will remain intact, don't worry about that, you won't lose any data, the only thing you need to do is to log in again.

I hope the information has been clear, I will be attentive to any questions you may have.

Best Regards.
Thema:

1. What is Additional Authentication and How can I fix it? - Similar Threads - Additional Authentication fix

2. "Additional authentication needed"

in XBoX Accessibility
    "Additional authentication needed": I'm running the Xbox off my mobile phone hotspot, I'm today getting the message saying I'm offline when I'm clearly connected to my hotspot. When I test the connection it says I need to...
  3. “Additional Authentication Needed”?

in XboX Insiders
    “Additional Authentication Needed”?: I’ve been trying to connect to my wifi and it says “additional authentication needed.” It tells me I can either “authenticate now,” or “enter alternate MAC address.” I don’t know what a “MAC...
  4. How do I fix the additional authentication on my xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix the additional authentication on my xbox app: So I currently don't have a working HDMI port which is why i'm not able to connect my xbox to my monitor that i use. I use the xbox app on my laptop to connect to my xbox and stream the game that...
  5. Additional Authentication needed

in XboX Insiders
    Additional Authentication needed: My xbox keeps saying it’s paused So I have a Xbox series X and it won’t connect to the internet. Every time I try and connect to my Wi-Fi it just says Additional authentication needed. Then it...
  6. How to fix additional authentication

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to fix additional authentication: I have try’d to reset the Mac thing I reseted the console I don’t know how to fix this 3b23ed7a-ae6b-4a5b-a6ec-1ee52a0b1668
  7. Additional authentication needed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Additional authentication needed: Additional authentication needed showed up. I’ve done the link from other people’s questions about the mac address on the pc and I just did it but it’s still not working. I’ve reset my router and...
  8. How do u fix additional authentication needed

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do u fix additional authentication needed: Xbox One connected to home wireless network has been working fine for a year and now getting message that additional authentication is needed and prompts to add an Alternate Wireless MAC address....
  9. Xbox showing Additional authentication needed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox showing Additional authentication needed: My Xbox keeps showing me Additional authentication needed I’ve tried resetting it I’ve tried resetting my max address and putting it back in and I’ve tried wired connection nothing is working...
  10. Additional authentication needed screen not showing

in XboX Insiders
    Additional authentication needed screen not showing: I’m in a hotel and it won’t show the login link Help plz submitted by /u/The_retard69420 [link] [comments]