What if you owned Minecraft Bedrock and Java before the 2022 giveaway?

Discus and support What if you owned Minecraft Bedrock and Java before the 2022 giveaway? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I know this happened in 2022 but since I owned Java Minecraft and Bedrock Minecraft before the giveaway thing, did I get dungeons for free because I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Jasim Khokhar, Feb 6, 2023.

1. What if you owned Minecraft Bedrock and Java before the 2022 giveaway?

I know this happened in 2022 but since I owned Java Minecraft and Bedrock Minecraft before the giveaway thing, did I get dungeons for free because I don't remember purchasing it?

:)

Jasim Khokhar, Feb 6, 2023
  2. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you have a question about owning Minecraft dungeons.

Actually, Minecraft dungeons needs to be purchase for you to own it as it was not included in the promotional bundle with Bedrock. But this game is for free to play if you have an active game pass subscription though.

If you have been playing the game without buying it then it must have been through game pass subscription.
  3. peachyheart Win User

The free trial already ends. But it still have the "Free trial" button on the page

4. ANOMALYEXE Win User

Didn't get the vanilla cape on Minecraft!?

You must have owned the either Java or Bedrock Edition on PC before June 6th 2022 other than that it's impossible to get kinda like the MINECON capes.
  5. Tomm_A Win User

Minecraft Bedrock is showing up as owned, and is fully playable. Yet it says I don't have java edition, even though I have had bedrock in my library before June 7th.

Hello WUTcappy,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems there might be a misunderstanding regarding the eligibility for the Minecraft Java and Bedrock Edition bundle. According to the information provided by Minecraft, starting June 7, 2022, all players that have either Java Edition or Bedrock Edition will receive the edition they do not currently own for free, right in the Minecraft Launcher. This means that if you owned the Bedrock Edition before June 7th, you should be eligible to receive the Java Edition for free. See: Java & Bedrock Edition for PC is out on June 7 | Minecraft

However, it's important to note that having played the Java Edition through Game Pass does not grant ownership of the Java Edition. The offer applies to players who have purchased either the Java or Bedrock Edition before the specified date1.

If you're certain that you had Bedrock Edition in your library before June 7th and are still unable to access Java Edition, I recommend the following steps:

1. Check the Minecraft Launcher: Make sure you're using the latest version of the Minecraft Launcher and that you're logged in with the correct account that owns the Bedrock Edition. You can uninstall and reinstall Minecraft launcher to make sure you are running the most updated one.
    2. Wait for the Rollout: It might take 2 to 3 days for the game to show up as the rollout to all eligible players is in progress.
    3. Contact Support: If after waiting, you still don't see the Java Edition in your launcher, you should contact Minecraft support for assistance. They can look into your account details and clarify the situation regarding your eligibility. Go to this link: Contact Us | Minecraft Help
    Remember to provide them with any relevant information, such as proof of purchase or account details, to help resolve the issue more efficiently. I hope this helps, and you get access to both editions soon!

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

6. Lucas Lauer Win User

Old minecraft account lost java

I understand. If you go to the Minecraft website, it only shows you what you own Bedrock, not Java?

https://www.minecraft.net
Thema:

1. What if you owned Minecraft Bedrock and Java before the 2022 giveaway? - Similar Threads - owned Minecraft Bedrock

2. Minecraft bedrock code redeemed but game owned doesn't show on microsoft store or minecraft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft bedrock code redeemed but game owned doesn't show on microsoft store or minecraft...: Hi, I recently used a Minecraft bedrock code and it was redeemed using my microsoft account. After redeeming the code (and the game shows on my microsoft order history), I downloaded the...
  3. Minecraft Launcher asking me to buy Minecraft Bedrock even though I already own it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Launcher asking me to buy Minecraft Bedrock even though I already own it.: I have the official Minecraft launcher on my windows 10 PC. I am logged into my microsoft account. However it says: "Buy Now" when trying to open the Bedrock Edition of minecraft. I can verify...
  4. Minecraft Bedrock - Asking me to unlock game that I own.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock - Asking me to unlock game that I own.: i got minecraft almsost 3 years ago and i have been playing since then but a i got a new laptop. I installed Minecraft Bedrock from the windows store app. When I launch the app, it asks me to...
  5. Why can't I play Minecraft Java when I already own bedrock?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play Minecraft Java when I already own bedrock?: WHY CAN'T I PLAY MINECRAFT JAVA IF I ALREADY BOUGHT BEDROCK? (I am on PC and it just says " Buy now ") I went on my other Minecraft account and it said "Play now" so I don't understand what is...
  6. I own minecraft for windows (bedrock) but its not letting me play java and says i have to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I own minecraft for windows (bedrock) but its not letting me play java and says i have to...: i own minecraft for windows on pc but it says i have to buy java and its only letting me play bedrock. e7acd915-567a-4109-a681-a99bb0f79a50
  7. I own minecraft bedrock edition and it shows on xbox app too but it said on the launcher...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I own minecraft bedrock edition and it shows on xbox app too but it said on the launcher...: I bought it but it wants me to buy both editions for no reason ( it said ( X ) Something went wrong when i insert a ss a36f96f6-4e88-4289-bbe5-f05b8f77c6b4
  8. I own "Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition for PC" but don't have access to Java

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I own "Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition for PC" but don't have access to Java: Thank you in advance for any help with this. I originally purchased Minecraft Bedrock for PC. Now I want to play Java for the shaders, but before buying it, noticed my edition of MC says...
  9. I own Java edition minecraft on this account and can't play bedrock edition.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I own Java edition minecraft on this account and can't play bedrock edition.: Hi so on this email account I own minecraft Java edition and have the same username as my Xbox account once on the website it says I own minecraft, but then when I go to install the bedrock...
  10. Cannot play Minecraft for Windows (Bedrock) even though I own it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot play Minecraft for Windows (Bedrock) even though I own it: I purchased Minecraft Java a long time ago and redeemed the bedrock edition. I recently migrated my mojang account to a microsoft account. However, now in the minecraft launcher, only Java edition...