What happens when you remove a account from a family?

Discus and support What happens when you remove a account from a family? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm trying to remove my account from a family so I can make my account an adult account. But what happens to my account when I do this? Someone please... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Izzy1045, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Izzy1045
    Izzy1045 Guest

I'm trying to remove my account from a family so I can make my account an adult account. But what happens to my account when I do this? Someone please tell me. I don't want to delete my account, I have too much stuff on it. Just want to make It a Adult Account,
    Nothing else.

:)

Izzy1045, Oct 22, 2017
  2. SpatialPig
    SpatialPig Guest
    What happens when you download a game from Marketplace?

Hi,

I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't find it sorry. Basically, I am thinking of downloading a games from the marketplace (my first one) but I want to find out if the game will only be playable by the account that downloads the game.

I have two accounts on the one XBox (mine and my son). If I was to download the game under my account would my son be able to access the game when he is logged into the XBox at a later time?

Thanks

Craig ()

SpatialPig, Oct 22, 2017
  3. Danno McK.
    Danno McK. Guest
    What happens when you download a game from Marketplace?

[Sorry, replied in wrong browser tab.]

Danno McK., Oct 22, 2017
  4. Mister Fitzer Win User

Problems with Xbox Live Family Gold sub.

Hey Temixco, what happens when you try to remove yourself from the family pack? Are you following the steps on

this page specifically?
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

Still labelled child account despite being 18 years old

There are 2 factors that determine if an account is a child account or an adult account.

1. DOB when the account was originally setup. If under 18 HAS to have an adult account attached to it.

2. If an account is in a family as a child account. Even after the DOB on the account (when originally setup) has reached its 18th birthday it will continue to be a child account until the parental account signs into account.microsoft.com/family and removes
    the child from the account. If an accounts DOB has not reached 18 yet and they remove themselves from a family that has an adult in it then it will not be able to do anything until it is put back into a family as a child.

So you will want to figure out what family you are currently in (you can do this by signing into account.microsoft.com/family and it will tell you what adults are in your family currently then you would need to sign into that adult account and remove
    yourself from the family. If you sign into that account and do not see yourself in a family that means the DOB on the account when it was originally setup is still under 18.
  6. xWonder Ballsx Win User

Wont let me change my privacy settings

what do you mean by other parental settings and it being associated with the other account? And what whould happen if i remove my self from family?

Answer both plese.
  7. steeledwand7664 Win User

How do I change my Xbox account from child to adult

There are two things that make an account a child account.

1. The DOB on the account when it was originally setup. (this is set in stone for the xbox profile and can not be changed)

2. Whether it is in a family as a child account.

If 1 is true then by law it is required to be in a family as a child account.

Sometimes even when the DOB reaches the age of majority 18 in most countries there is a glitch in the system and does not automatically take the account out of a family as a child account.

What you would need to do is sign into your account at account.microsoft.com/family and this will show you who are currently in your family.

You would then need to sign into any adult account that is in your family and at that same family website and remove yourself from the family.

If your DOB when the account was originally setup is over the age of majority then your account will be put into a family of its own as an adult once removed from the family,

If your DOB when the account was originally setup is not over the age of majority when it was setup and you remove yourself from the family you will NOT be able to do anything on the account until your account is put back into a family as a child account.
  8. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Windows 10 PC hard drive no longer allowed to install GamePass and owned games

Hi, usually that don't happen

But when it does, removing the account temporarily from the family group does the trick

Share the results when possible
Thema:

1. What happens when you remove a account from a family? - Similar Threads - happens remove account

2. "Happening Now" tab is not a step forward.

in XboX Insiders
    "Happening Now" tab is not a step forward.: I understand Xbox wants to keep things fresh, but this new update in the friends list is a step backwards. You had a great system with the "friends in games" tab and now I cant even see what...
  3. How do I turn off happening now side bar in the friends section

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I turn off happening now side bar in the friends section: Every single time I open up my friends list menu a “happening now” side bar pops up and shows me party’s I can join how do I turn that off 3da07d63-a350-4859-8682-f07a5a724de0
  4. The new double-wide "happening now" thing is hideous, and nobody liked it, so why are you...

in XboX Insiders
    The new double-wide "happening now" thing is hideous, and nobody liked it, so why are you...: What's the point of the insider program if you don't even listen to the feedback? This sub has nearly a million subscribers, but typically, around 30 people browsing it at any given time, if...
  5. Can happen xbox one x to be able as series x? What demand be add software or hardware? Just...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can happen xbox one x to be able as series x? What demand be add software or hardware? Just...: Questions to xbox team and fans! My understanding I bought used xbox one x, I was thought if I found how to be overclock or other softwares xbox one x to be able near as series x? What demand be...
  6. How do I get in touch with the XBOX people? What happened to my ORDER?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get in touch with the XBOX people? What happened to my ORDER?: I had a bluetooth problem with my xbox design lab controller and was unable to fix it after several attempts at different methods. So I applied for exchange and sent my XBOX controller via email...
  7. xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens: Hello microsoft i have a problem with my xbox it's really frustating because i only have mine for a few months i always trusted xbox and now this happens on a brand new console that i paid a lot...
  8. Right when you think you got it and it won't happen to you you get humbled real quick

in XboX Insiders
    Right when you think you got it and it won't happen to you you get humbled real quick: Check out this clip! ttvmochajoby streaming Fortnite! https://clips.twitch.tv/NastyDaintyBubbleteaNerfRedBlaster-F-FUYXJw1dShtS-U submitted by /u/Rare_Performance_347 [link] [comments]
  9. i was banned while defending myself from a hostile guy but when i report him nothing happens

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i was banned while defending myself from a hostile guy but when i report him nothing happens: i've had conflict with a few guys for a couple months now, but they haven't been annoying for a while, until earlier today. I had forgotten to block his main account as he always uses an alt for...
  10. I have an xbox 360 and once gold is removed what happens to minecraft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have an xbox 360 and once gold is removed what happens to minecraft: I have an xbox 360 and I want to play minecraft xbox 360 edition online with my cousin who is far away and does YT. Will I be able to do so for free when xbox gold is removed or will the core...