What happens when I preorder a game using my temporary Microsoft account balance and cancel...

Discus and support What happens when I preorder a game using my temporary Microsoft account balance and cancel... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have USD$64 on my Microsoft account as well as additional USD$10 which I got from Xbox as a promotion with expiry on Sep 8th, 2022. I want to... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/ArnavRival, Jun 16, 2022.

1. What happens when I preorder a game using my temporary Microsoft account balance and cancel...

I have USD$64 on my Microsoft account as well as additional USD$10 which I got from Xbox as a promotion with expiry on Sep 8th, 2022. I want to preorder Call of Duty Modern Warfare (2022) (Release date - Oct 28th, 2022) for $69.99. What happens when I preorder a game using my temporary Microsoft account balance and cancel the order after the balance expires? Will I get the USD$10 back?

submitted by /u/ArnavRival
    [link] [comments]

/u/ArnavRival, Jun 16, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

patch this glitch

It's actually not a glitch and the preorder will get cancelled. When you pay with anything other than your Microsoft account balance, you're not charged until about 10 days before the game is released. So once they try to charge the card with no money and
    can't, the order would get cancelled.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Preordering

If you preorder with anything other than your Microsoft account balance, you're charged within 10 days of the game's release. As long as the order doesn't show as cancelled at http://account.microsoft.com, then you should be fine.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Xbox stole money from my card?

apparently they took the money for a game i preordered a month ago now instead of back then. False alarm, won't let me delete the post. still didn't pop up in my orders though which is why i got flustered. This never happened before. I preordered stuff before
    and it took the money right away. Does that always happen? Or is it a first time for me?
    They changed the way preorders work about a year or so ago. If you preorder with your Microsoft account balance, the money is taken out immediately. If you preorder using a credit card/Paypal, you're not actually charged until about 10 days before the game
    releases.
  5. KindGryphon Win User

COD3 says I need to purchase even though I bought pre order

Can someone please tell me why I purchased the pre order COD3 and now it's saying I don't own the game even though at the top of my screen it says "congratulations on purchasing COD3" what the hell is going
    When you pre-order a game with a debit/credit card or PayPal it doesnt attempt to charge you for said preorder until around 10 days before the games release date (you might have seen a temporary test charge for the amount of the game when you pre-ordered but that would have dropped off and gone away after a few days)

If the actual charge for the game gets declined (within the 10 days of release) then the preorder would be cancelled.

Id check the billing history on your Microsoft account to see if this is what happened and if the charge shows as "declined". If it does show this then you just have to attempt to buy the game since the first one didnt go through.
  6. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

Console purchase questions.

If pre ordering a console falls under the same category as pre ordering games, then you should be able to use your Microsoft account balance for preorder.
Thema:

What happens when I preorder a game using my temporary Microsoft account balance and cancel...

1. What happens when I preorder a game using my temporary Microsoft account balance and cancel... - Similar Threads - happens preorder game

2. How do I get in touch with the XBOX people? What happened to my ORDER?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get in touch with the XBOX people? What happened to my ORDER?: I had a bluetooth problem with my xbox design lab controller and was unable to fix it after several attempts at different methods. So I applied for exchange and sent my XBOX controller via email...
  3. xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens: Hello microsoft i have a problem with my xbox it's really frustating because i only have mine for a few months i always trusted xbox and now this happens on a brand new console that i paid a lot...
  4. Right when you think you got it and it won't happen to you you get humbled real quick

in XboX Insiders
    Right when you think you got it and it won't happen to you you get humbled real quick: Check out this clip! ttvmochajoby streaming Fortnite! https://clips.twitch.tv/NastyDaintyBubbleteaNerfRedBlaster-F-FUYXJw1dShtS-U submitted by /u/Rare_Performance_347 [link] [comments]
  5. i was banned while defending myself from a hostile guy but when i report him nothing happens

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i was banned while defending myself from a hostile guy but when i report him nothing happens: i've had conflict with a few guys for a couple months now, but they haven't been annoying for a while, until earlier today. I had forgotten to block his main account as he always uses an alt for...
  6. What would happen if i put windows on a ssd then put that ssd in my xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    What would happen if i put windows on a ssd then put that ssd in my xbox: So I am planning on attempting to run windows on an xbox and install windows on in xbox but I want to know the risks. 8272ca3a-fc69-4f48-823b-9e1bbca58bcb
  7. What is happening ? Xbox launcher wont load

in XBoX Accessibility
    What is happening ? Xbox launcher wont load: Xbox wouldn't update and open so I tried to investigate what happened and tried to repair it through the app setting. Went into my file and notice window apps that should be located there so i...
  8. i keep getting an error "oops. not sure what happened there. Please try again later' when...

in XBoX on Windows
    i keep getting an error "oops. not sure what happened there. Please try again later' when...: i keep getting an error "oops. not sure what happened there. Please try again later' when trying to purchase vc on nba 2k24 aa5e9bf4-c75d-42b9-903c-f2e207433285
  9. What happens to the RMA/warranty process when a new controller comes out?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What happens to the RMA/warranty process when a new controller comes out?: I currently own an Xbox Wireless controller (model 1914 (Series)), and it's having drift on its right thumbstick. I was wondering if it would be wise to hold off on a warranty replacement until...
  10. Xbox new friends hud (happening now area) 4/2/24

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox new friends hud (happening now area) 4/2/24: Happening now area should be in a its own tab not with my friends list, this new update make the friends list tab way too big, also to be honest no one will really look at it, most people will...