What happens to my old email address for Microsoft account which was deleted on its email...

Discus and support What happens to my old email address for Microsoft account which was deleted on its email... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Sorry if the question is kind of a simple one. I used to have an email address with Yahoo.com that, at one point, I used it for a Microsoft account. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Mithravesna, Dec 3, 2022.

1. Mithravesna
    Mithravesna Guest

What happens to my old email address for Microsoft account which was deleted on its email...

Sorry if the question is kind of a simple one. I used to have an email address with Yahoo.com that, at one point, I used it for a Microsoft account. I really only ever used it for Xbox really. But I actually deleted that email on Yahoo.com quite some time ago, went through the whole deactivation process, at this point it is beyond recovery. I have since forgotten the login password for the Microsoft account it is tied to. I was trying to see if I could log in and delete that Microsoft account, but I have since long forgotten the password for it. I went through the steps to try and get the password reset but I'm at a complete roadblock.

What is the fate of this old Microsoft/Xbox account at this point? Will it just simply be locked down for eternity? Or will Microsoft deactivate the account eventually (which is what I'm hoping for)?

:)

Mithravesna, Dec 3, 2022
  2. Mithravesna Win User

What happens to my old email address for Microsoft account which was deleted on its email service of origin?

I've actually already went through the account recovery form and Microsoft was unable to verify that it was actually my account with the information I was able to provide. I'm fine if the system deactivates the account, that's actually what I want. I just wish it would deactivate it sooner. 5 years is pretty far off. I'm also quite surprised that Microsoft is willing to keep a dead email address in their system that long. While 5 years is longer than I'd have hoped for, I do appreciate your informative response. Thank you for your help! 😄
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

What happens to my old email address for Microsoft account which was deleted on its email service of origin?

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community.
    My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor

Hope you're doing great today despite this MITHRAVESNA

If you want to recover the account you can proceed filling the refund form below:
    https://account.live.com/acsr

Also, you could try alternative methods to recover your account here:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

If you’re not able to recover the account the system is going to deactivate it. But for this the system waits 5 years starting from the last time that you logged into the account
  4. Smwutches Win User

With Microsoft accounts, they actually deactivate it if you haven't signed in within 2 years, not 5.
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

Request to transfer saved content from old to new Gamertag

When you say you deleted your old email address do you mean you deleted it from Google?

Deleted it as a Microsoft account?

Where did you delete it from?

Unfortunately there is not a way to transfer a Xbox profile from one Microsoft account to another.

What you could do if you did not purchase anything with the new Microsoft account.

You can add a dummy email to the Yahoo Microsoft account make that dummy email as the primary email and then remove the Yahoo email from that Microsoft account.

Then add the Yahoo email to the Old Google Microsoft account and make the yahoo email the primary email for that account and then you would be able to remove the Google email from the old Microsoft account.

All this is doing is changing the email address that is associated with signing into your Microsoft account.
  6. Rostom L Win User

so i pretty much want to get a old xbox account onto my new email

Hi Tyler!

What's your new email domain? If it's a 3rd party email address, you could just simply unlink it from its current account and move the email address to your old account. If that's a Microsoft email, there's no way we could transfer it over to another account.

We could only do switching of primary email address as long as it's a 3rd party email address. It doesn't work with Microsoft emails since their emails are Microsoft account itself. Removing them from the account means deleting them permanently.

In regards to data transfer, it's not possible. Our account licenses and other data will always remain on our account.
Thema:

1. What happens to my old email address for Microsoft account which was deleted on its email... - Similar Threads - happens old email

2. How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list: How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list, my xbox just updated now there is a massive tab on my friends list that looks horrible and is pretty pointless, can't find a way to...
  3. Happening now tab is very bad but that’s not the worst problem!

in XboX Insiders
    Happening now tab is very bad but that’s not the worst problem!: Nobody is talking about how the friends in games tab is completely gone now. I used this a lot to quickly see which friends were on what games and now my whole experience has been downgraded...
  4. "Happening Now" tab is bad design and should be removed.

in XboX Insiders
    "Happening Now" tab is bad design and should be removed.: This change provide NO extra information, functionality, engagement, or usefulness. It's just a duplicate of what is already on the left side of my screen and is completely superfluous. The only...
  5. Can we get the option to shut off the what's happening tab any friend I wanna see is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can we get the option to shut off the what's happening tab any friend I wanna see is...: The happening now feature used to be easy to ignore b9f9161d-405c-42e9-8b3b-4f184a5d05b8
  6. New “Happening Now” Tab is Terrible

in XboX Insiders
    New “Happening Now” Tab is Terrible: This new tab is atrociously bad. Not only does it now cover half of the screen, but it also removes the clock off of the screen as well. The “Happening Now” tab was something I barely even used...
  7. What happened to Friends In Game?

in XboX Insiders
    What happened to Friends In Game?: Don’t tell me they replaced it with Happening Now I want to play games my friends are playing, not join a party submitted by /u/NaturalPreference445 [link] [comments]
  8. "Friends in games" removed and replaced by "happening now" tab.

in XboX Insiders
    "Friends in games" removed and replaced by "happening now" tab.: As the title States, this update has replaced friends in games with happening now. it is a completely unnecessary update imo. It just seems like the friends in games option was really all that was...
  9. What unusual activity is happening with the sign in on my old account *** Die...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What unusual activity is happening with the sign in on my old account *** Die...: Sorry to trouble you this but it's frustrating my account is not working and I can't recover it 2b29db81-b951-45a1-bc4e-ae9473878774
  10. Freeing up old gamertags, ever going to happen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Freeing up old gamertags, ever going to happen?: Hi all, Many years ago I lost my gamertag. I've spent many hours online and on the phone trying to get it back at least 3 or 4 times over the past 8 years (yeah, that long!) but still no luck. I...