What happened to the Xbox Assist app? Where did game and app help go?

Discus and support What happened to the Xbox Assist app? Where did game and app help go? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi -- what happened to the Xbox Assist app? In the last week or so, when I've tried accessing help from within a game on my Series X, instead of taking... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ChrisShepard550, Sep 24, 2022.

1. What happened to the Xbox Assist app? Where did game and app help go?

Hi -- what happened to the Xbox Assist app? In the last week or so, when I've tried accessing help from within a game on my Series X, instead of taking me to the Xbox Assist app like it used to, I now get a message that says "Game and App Help has moved. Game and App Help no longer exists in this location. More information is available at the Xbox store." I haven't been able to find any information about this. Is there some new app I have to install on my Xbox?

:)

ChrisShepard550, Sep 24, 2022
  2. CHRUMMM Win User

Same here. I've had the same issue for all in game help requests like State of Decay or even newer games like Kingdom Come Deliverance. I fear they are simplybphasing at this method through that application.
  3. registradus Win User

I'm having the same problem with the same game (Rare Replay)
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, don't worry

These steps also can be performed if you are using an stable Xbox OS version, you just need to download the Report a problem app

And yes, let's see if they can fix this as soon as possible or see if they're changing the help for games works
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this CHRISSHEPARD550

The Xbox assist app still exists, may I know if you double checked if your Xbox console is up to date via Settings > System

Also, when this started to happen? Did you remember
    And what did you tried so far to fix this problem?

In the meantime, can be a bit common but did you tried power cycling the console?
    1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
    2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.
    Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.
    3. Plug the console power cable back in.
    4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.
  6. cubeof11 Win User

For the time being, you can access Help on Rare Replay directly in a web browser. Hopefully they can integrate the manuals directly into Rare Replay in an upcoming update; most of Rare Replay is unplayable without that information.
Thema:

1. What happened to the Xbox Assist app? Where did game and app help go? - Similar Threads - happened Assist app

2. How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list: How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list, my xbox just updated now there is a massive tab on my friends list that looks horrible and is pretty pointless, can't find a way to...
  3. Happening now tab is very bad but that’s not the worst problem!

in XboX Insiders
    Happening now tab is very bad but that’s not the worst problem!: Nobody is talking about how the friends in games tab is completely gone now. I used this a lot to quickly see which friends were on what games and now my whole experience has been downgraded...
  4. "Happening Now" tab is bad design and should be removed.

in XboX Insiders
    "Happening Now" tab is bad design and should be removed.: This change provide NO extra information, functionality, engagement, or usefulness. It's just a duplicate of what is already on the left side of my screen and is completely superfluous. The only...
  5. Can we get the option to shut off the what's happening tab any friend I wanna see is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can we get the option to shut off the what's happening tab any friend I wanna see is...: The happening now feature used to be easy to ignore b9f9161d-405c-42e9-8b3b-4f184a5d05b8
  6. New “Happening Now” Tab is Terrible

in XboX Insiders
    New “Happening Now” Tab is Terrible: This new tab is atrociously bad. Not only does it now cover half of the screen, but it also removes the clock off of the screen as well. The “Happening Now” tab was something I barely even used...
  7. What happened to Friends In Game?

in XboX Insiders
    What happened to Friends In Game?: Don’t tell me they replaced it with Happening Now I want to play games my friends are playing, not join a party submitted by /u/NaturalPreference445 [link] [comments]
  8. "Friends in games" removed and replaced by "happening now" tab.

in XboX Insiders
    "Friends in games" removed and replaced by "happening now" tab.: As the title States, this update has replaced friends in games with happening now. it is a completely unnecessary update imo. It just seems like the friends in games option was really all that was...
  9. "Happening Now" tab is not a step forward.

in XboX Insiders
    "Happening Now" tab is not a step forward.: I understand Xbox wants to keep things fresh, but this new update in the friends list is a step backwards. You had a great system with the "friends in games" tab and now I cant even see what...
  10. How do I turn off happening now side bar in the friends section

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I turn off happening now side bar in the friends section: Every single time I open up my friends list menu a “happening now” side bar pops up and shows me party’s I can join how do I turn that off 3da07d63-a350-4859-8682-f07a5a724de0