What happened to Settlers of Catan?

Discus and support What happened to Settlers of Catan? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I know I purchased Catan and played it in the past, albeit not in the last few years. I wanted to play a match yesterday but could not for the life of... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Pat, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Pat
    Pat Guest

I know I purchased Catan and played it in the past, albeit not in the last few years. I wanted to play a match yesterday but could not for the life of me find any evidence of its existence within the Xbox Live Arcade pages of the dashboard.

I guess games get removed from XBLA?

Why on earth would Settlers of Catan be retired? It was a solid port of an extremely popular board game.

:)

2. Where is Xbox Live arcade on Xbox one

Hope they come out with Settlers of Catan soon!

granitepeaker, Jun 22, 2014
  3. Sipuli91
    Sipuli91 Guest
    Settlement Location

^How can you have too many settlers? The number can't ever go above 10 + your charisma + 1 and you pretty much need several settlers to get 100 happiness...

Sipuli91, Jun 22, 2014
  4. fredgiblet
    fredgiblet Guest

It does appear to be gone. I haven't seen anything about why, but usually games get removed if they fall below certain sales thresholds IIRC. It may have been removed for other reasons as well, like publisher request or the expiration of the license.

fredgiblet, Jun 22, 2014
  5. Tdot19
    Tdot19 Guest
    do you know if there is anyway to get it or is it gone forever

Tdot19, Aug 4, 2014
  6. Tdot19
    Tdot19 Guest
    support did tell me though if you downloaded it once you could redownload it through your download history

Tdot19, Aug 4, 2014
  7. davemcfly85
    davemcfly85 Guest
    that is true for the most part but if the game is removed from the marketplace 100% then there is no way to get it back.

davemcfly85, Aug 4, 2014
  8. Merdoc007
    Merdoc007 Guest

Wish they would bring it back. I have friends who want to download it.

Merdoc007, Aug 6, 2014
  9. KEBOSH
    KEBOSH Guest
    Will Xbox Arcade PLEASE bring back Catan? I only downloaded the demo and just discovered how to play it. Now I want to purchase the game. Xbox Arcade... BRING BACK CATAN!

KEBOSH, Aug 17, 2014
  10. KEBOSH
    KEBOSH Guest
    Maybe we should start a petition to have them bring back Catan?

KEBOSH, Aug 17, 2014
  11. Hey all! I'm happy to see that you all want to get Settlers back on our marketplace. While I don't have any news about why it was pulled, I can give you a place to get your ask out there with better visibility!

Normally I would refer to the developer. However, they were closed down at the end of last year. So, instead, I will point out our very nifty
    Feedback site! You can post up on there what you're looking for and get some votes to move it up the Hot Ideas.

While you're there, please check out what we've marked completed and in progress! This is all thanks to users like you.

Definitely looking forward to your post on there, and thanks so much for your suggestion! What happened to Settlers of Catan? :D

Misses Quinzel, Nov 1, 2018
  12. KEBOSH Win User

Will Xbox Arcade PLEASE bring back Catan? I only downloaded the demo and just discovered how to play it. Now I want to purchase the game. Xbox Arcade... BRING BACK CATAN!
  13. Tdot19 Win User

support did tell me though if you downloaded it once you could redownload it through your download history
  14. KEBOSH Win User

Maybe we should start a petition to have them bring back Catan?
  15. Merdoc007 Win User

Wish they would bring it back. I have friends who want to download it.
  16. davemcfly85 Win User

that is true for the most part but if the game is removed from the marketplace 100% then there is no way to get it back.
Thema:

1. What happened to Settlers of Catan? - Similar Threads - happened Settlers Catan

2. How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list: How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list, my xbox just updated now there is a massive tab on my friends list that looks horrible and is pretty pointless, can't find a way to...
  3. Happening now tab is very bad but that’s not the worst problem!

in XboX Insiders
    Happening now tab is very bad but that’s not the worst problem!: Nobody is talking about how the friends in games tab is completely gone now. I used this a lot to quickly see which friends were on what games and now my whole experience has been downgraded...
  4. "Happening Now" tab is bad design and should be removed.

in XboX Insiders
    "Happening Now" tab is bad design and should be removed.: This change provide NO extra information, functionality, engagement, or usefulness. It's just a duplicate of what is already on the left side of my screen and is completely superfluous. The only...
  5. Can we get the option to shut off the what's happening tab any friend I wanna see is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can we get the option to shut off the what's happening tab any friend I wanna see is...: The happening now feature used to be easy to ignore b9f9161d-405c-42e9-8b3b-4f184a5d05b8
  6. New “Happening Now” Tab is Terrible

in XboX Insiders
    New “Happening Now” Tab is Terrible: This new tab is atrociously bad. Not only does it now cover half of the screen, but it also removes the clock off of the screen as well. The “Happening Now” tab was something I barely even used...
  7. What happened to Friends In Game?

in XboX Insiders
    What happened to Friends In Game?: Don’t tell me they replaced it with Happening Now I want to play games my friends are playing, not join a party submitted by /u/NaturalPreference445 [link] [comments]
  8. "Friends in games" removed and replaced by "happening now" tab.

in XboX Insiders
    "Friends in games" removed and replaced by "happening now" tab.: As the title States, this update has replaced friends in games with happening now. it is a completely unnecessary update imo. It just seems like the friends in games option was really all that was...
  9. "Happening Now" tab is not a step forward.

in XboX Insiders
    "Happening Now" tab is not a step forward.: I understand Xbox wants to keep things fresh, but this new update in the friends list is a step backwards. You had a great system with the "friends in games" tab and now I cant even see what...
  10. How do I turn off happening now side bar in the friends section

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I turn off happening now side bar in the friends section: Every single time I open up my friends list menu a “happening now” side bar pops up and shows me party’s I can join how do I turn that off 3da07d63-a350-4859-8682-f07a5a724de0