what happened here exactly? how do I prevent it?

Discus and support what happened here exactly? how do I prevent it? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; so I was watching YouTube on my Xbox when my nephews phone suddenly connected to it and backed me out of my video and back to the YouTube home screen.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Aut Dozi, Feb 18, 2023.

1. Aut Dozi
    Aut Dozi Guest

so I was watching YouTube on my Xbox when my nephews phone suddenly connected to it and backed me out of my video and back to the YouTube home screen. how did he do that and how do I stop it from happening again? it feels like an invasion of my privacy if anyone's phone can just connect to my Xbox. his phone has never had my accounts on it nor did I ever connect the two devices. is he hacking or something more simple?

:)

Aut Dozi, Feb 18, 2023
  2. Tezzerrific Win User

cannot stop it really, if your tv is smart and connected to the network they can cast direct to the tv instead.
  3. Rostom L Win User

Hi Aut!

I believe that was only a video casting from YouTube. If your phone and your console share the same network, the option for casting video will be available to your YouTube app on bigger screen like Xbox.

You can try it now. Simply watch any video from YouTube on your mobile and there's a cast icon (looks like a screen with wireless signal) you can click and choose the device that appears there which should be your Xbox console. Just make sure your YouTube app on your Xbox is opened.
  4. HomegrownSilky Win User

issue with xbox live card. unloadable

What exactly is happening that is preventing the use of the card?
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Multiplayer Issues

What problems do you experience exactly? Do you get error messages when you try to connect? What exactly happens that prevents you from connecting to the server.

Only if you describe in a bit more details what exactly is keeping you from connecting to those servers, we can try to better help you.
  6. RykkGT Win User

(Locked) My Account has been hacked and migrated to the UK

If I could do that, do you think I'd be on here...? I'm telling everything that happened exactly how it did, just looking for answers.
Thema:

1. what happened here exactly? how do I prevent it? - Similar Threads - happened here exactly

2. How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list: How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list, my xbox just updated now there is a massive tab on my friends list that looks horrible and is pretty pointless, can't find a way to...
  3. Happening now tab is very bad but that’s not the worst problem!

in XboX Insiders
    Happening now tab is very bad but that’s not the worst problem!: Nobody is talking about how the friends in games tab is completely gone now. I used this a lot to quickly see which friends were on what games and now my whole experience has been downgraded...
  4. "Happening Now" tab is bad design and should be removed.

in XboX Insiders
    "Happening Now" tab is bad design and should be removed.: This change provide NO extra information, functionality, engagement, or usefulness. It's just a duplicate of what is already on the left side of my screen and is completely superfluous. The only...
  5. Can we get the option to shut off the what's happening tab any friend I wanna see is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can we get the option to shut off the what's happening tab any friend I wanna see is...: The happening now feature used to be easy to ignore b9f9161d-405c-42e9-8b3b-4f184a5d05b8
  6. New “Happening Now” Tab is Terrible

in XboX Insiders
    New “Happening Now” Tab is Terrible: This new tab is atrociously bad. Not only does it now cover half of the screen, but it also removes the clock off of the screen as well. The “Happening Now” tab was something I barely even used...
  7. What happened to Friends In Game?

in XboX Insiders
    What happened to Friends In Game?: Don’t tell me they replaced it with Happening Now I want to play games my friends are playing, not join a party submitted by /u/NaturalPreference445 [link] [comments]
  8. "Friends in games" removed and replaced by "happening now" tab.

in XboX Insiders
    "Friends in games" removed and replaced by "happening now" tab.: As the title States, this update has replaced friends in games with happening now. it is a completely unnecessary update imo. It just seems like the friends in games option was really all that was...
  9. Does anyone know what is happening here?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know what is happening here?: [img] I'm not too sure why Sea of thieves is installing like this. It appears to only be affecting this game as well as I have tried others all of whihc have installed normally. Im not to sure...
  10. Has this happened to anyone here?

in XboX Insiders
    Has this happened to anyone here?: Was playing a game but when I pressed the Xbox button to switch game, then every piece of text on screen was either on the wrong placed overlaying each other, saying the wrong thing, or gone. I...