What exactly are local saved games on xbox and should I clear them?

Discus and support What exactly are local saved games on xbox and should I clear them? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I have a 781 gb xbox 1 and Ive looked up ways to clear up space and one of the ways was to clear local saved games, but I dont know what local saved... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Norigamer513, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Norigamer513
    Norigamer513 Guest

So I have a 781 gb xbox 1 and Ive looked up ways to clear up space and one of the ways was to clear local saved games, but I dont know what local saved games are, or if i should clear them. Please help me, I just want to install jedi fallen order.

:)

Norigamer513, Mar 31, 2021
  2. Tezzerrific Win User

basically every game you play has a save file, you need this obviously, they are not huge, there is a local copy and that is synced to the cloud, if you delete the local it should download it from the cloud again when you start the game, i would leave them as is or you may end up losing some and having to start games from scratch.
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Xbox 360 emulator on Xbox One X doesn't connect to internet (unable to login in backwards compatible games).

I understand, then what you should do is the following

Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Storage.

On the Manage storage devices screen, select:

Clear local saved games. This deletes games saved to your hard drive, but they’ll still be saved to the cloud.

Clear local Xbox 360 storage. This deletes Xbox 360 games saved locally, but they’ll remain in the cloud.
  4. andersonpassos Win User

You have any way I can get the add-on back and for me to actually play it in-game? (I also use an External Hard Drive, not sure if that would cause any problems).

You should choose "Clear local saved games" if you want to clear your Xbox's saved games and preferences. This option will not delete your installed games or add-ons.

If you're trying to free up space on your Xbox, you could try clearing your local Xbox 360 storage. This option will delete Xbox 360 games, game saves, and game demos that are stored on your Xbox. Keep in mind that this option will delete all your Xbox 360 data, including game saves, demos and DLCs.

It's important to note that clearing your local saved games or local Xbox 360 storage will not affect the add-on you purchased and it should still be available for download if you go to the "Ready to install" section. I would suggest trying to download the add-on again.
  5. Rostom L Win User

What is wrong with my xbox

Hi Goldcrane! Sorry to hear about your issue. Let’s do our best to sort that out.

What exactly is your Xbox console model? When did this issue start to occur? Are you trying
    to download a game digitally or through disc?

Let’s try to clear your local saves:
    Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Storage devices.
    Select Clear local saved games.
    Note: Selecting this option will not delete any games or progress you have saved in the Xbox cloud. It will only clear data you have saved locally.
    Select Yes to confirm.
    Once your console restarts, try installing the game again.
  6. JMomma4 Win User

Can't hear people on Modern Warfare 2

I found a temporary fix- every time before I play I need to clear local saved games on the Xbox One. Why is that occurring? What’s going on that causes the need to clear local saved games to enable the ability to hear other players?
Thema:

1. What exactly are local saved games on xbox and should I clear them? - Similar Threads - exactly are local

2. how long exactly for microsoft to delete all unmigrate account minecraft?

in XBoX on Windows
    how long exactly for microsoft to delete all unmigrate account minecraft?: So apparently there are "last call" thing for we to migrate our mojang account to microsoft account but, unfortunately my old account doesn't migrated for the exact time that says, so i just...
  3. What is Xbox working on exactly ?

in XboX Insiders
    What is Xbox working on exactly ?: It is a very simple question addressed to Xbox devs team , what are you exactly working on ? Why am I asking this ? I am a part of alpha skip ahead insider program during years and I don't see any...
  4. Xbox series s broke exactly one month after warranty ran out. Anyone else have this issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s broke exactly one month after warranty ran out. Anyone else have this issue?: Warranty ran out one month ago exactly. The console turns on then 10 seconds later turns off. I've asked Microsoft about repairs an been quoted £193 for a £200 console. Won't be buying an xbox...
  5. Why do I have two account with the exact same information for both?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I have two account with the exact same information for both?: I had redeemed a Fortnite v-bucks card and put all my information such as email, gamer tag, password and everything else. When I redeemed it and it went through I logged into Fortnite and my...
  6. I can't load Mw3 zombies. It keeps giving me this exact error code. Ps. it's a digital copy

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't load Mw3 zombies. It keeps giving me this exact error code. Ps. it's a digital copy: Disc read error [8.7]: 'ww_mp_jup_bigmap.ff' - Check log for more information 778f2a61-40ea-4e83-aa4b-ff38f60d405b
  7. MW3 crashes in exact same spot during campaign at reactor cut scene

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MW3 crashes in exact same spot during campaign at reactor cut scene: I have factory reset the console, uninstalled the game, erased all data, replayed all the way to the same point and still crashes. Anyone? Here is a link to it happening:...
  8. Is there any way that I can find out the exact month, day, and year that I had changed my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there any way that I can find out the exact month, day, and year that I had changed my...: I’ve had my gamer tag for a very long time and I was very thoughtful and intentional when brainstorming the name, and for copyright/ trademark reasons I was curious if I could get the specifics of...
  9. I know my past gamer tag but forgot my exact email and want to recover

in XboX Insiders
    I know my past gamer tag but forgot my exact email and want to recover: Is there a way to determine the email of my past account if I do not know it or is it a guessing game until I get it? submitted by /u/Bustanut364 [link] [comments]
  10. Every time my series S has an "update" the size of the update is the exact size of the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Every time my series S has an "update" the size of the update is the exact size of the...: Every time my series S has an "update" the size of the update is the exact size of the entire game. This leads me to believe that of course it's not updating anything but just randomly...