What does "Were there security proofs on the account that were not recognized?" mean.

Discus and support What does "Were there security proofs on the account that were not recognized?" mean. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; What does this mean? I was asked this by MS support. I don't understand what this exactly means. 00636aae-8d07-4d03-a7b7-6a8c6b181661 Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by XianQT, Dec 30, 2022.

1. XianQT
    XianQT Guest

What does "Were there security proofs on the account that were not recognized?" mean.

What does this mean? I was asked this by MS support. I don't understand what this exactly means.

:)

XianQT, Dec 30, 2022
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hi XianQT,

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hi XianQT,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand the inconvenience caused. As per description, you want to know further explanation about the question you got. Let us check on this together and sort this out to assist your concern.

May we ask if you have contacted to our live support consulting your Microsoft account? If yes, do you have a ticket on this for us to check and verify? Kindly send to us through private message if you have an existing ticket on your case.

We are looking forward to your response.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. THEOWENKILLER Win User

My account is lost forever

The whole point of security proofs on your xbox live account is to prove who you are if your main email is compromised.

Those security proofs are either in the form of email addresses or phone numbers, you even have a random security question on there too.

These security proofs were only added a few years back at most, certainly not 10 years.

Are you saying you have no access or information about any of your security proofs on your live account?

I understand you are saying you say you were in the process of changing your outlook recovery email, but you should still have proofs on your live account.
  5. willy568 Win User

The new annoying password security BULL!

If you keep ignoring the security proofs it WILL LOCK YOU OUT of your account. The sooner it gets done the better. The BIGGEST reason MS is doing this is for more security. They are trying to make sure that you are the only one that has access to your account.
    They don't want the same thing to happen to them like what happed with Sony. A quarter of accounts were hacked and person information (credit cards, etc.) were lost. With the proofs it is a one time thing on the console and not enter it in every time you log
    on.
  6. steeledwand7664 Win User

Why are so many Xbox Live accounts getting hacked?

In order to change a password on a microsoft account is to have access to what microsoft calls a security proof.

A security proof is one of 2 things

1. A phone number.

2. An email address

Now when a change (like a password change, security proof change, email change) is requested MS will ask where you want a code sent to so they can verify ownership of the account to allow this change to go through.

So if someone is changing your password on your account they would need to have access to one of your security proofs to change it.

If your security proof is an email then its possible that your email has been hacked and that has nothing to do with microsoft.

You can check what security proofs you have on your account by going to account.live.com and signing in with your account and going to security and update security info and it should ask for a code to be sent out and then you can check to see if there is
    any security proofs that you dont recognize their.

You can also set up two step verification at the bottom of the security page there is see more options and when you click on that there is a choice to setup two step verification and what this does is when a change like previously stated is attempted it
    will require 2 different codes be sent out to 2 different security proofs.
Thema:

1. What does "Were there security proofs on the account that were not recognized?" mean. - Similar Threads - does Were security

2. Does Microsoft even care? Quality across the board is horrendous.

in XboX Insiders
    Does Microsoft even care? Quality across the board is horrendous.: Ive seen countless consumer feedback negatively reviewing microsoft and xbox as a brand nowadays. The UI is uninspired, continuously redundant, and filled with ads to the point that it’s ugly and...
  3. Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?: I am trying to play some black ops three zombies with my friends but I cannot join them because bo3 says my nat type is strict. But when I go to my Xbox's network settings it says open and all...
  4. when you complete a task in minecraft but does not give a code what do you do?

in XBoX on Windows
    when you complete a task in minecraft but does not give a code what do you do?: I did these tasks that give you items and minecoins but I did not get the coins it has? bb87f0b9-be24-4578-9c20-4e75c285374b
  5. Does limited warranty cover any case damage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does limited warranty cover any case damage?: The bottom panel and back panel broke off my xbox series s and its causing massive overheating and i cant play any games or even watch youtube for that matter. Does limited warranty cover this?...
  6. Does clearing a cache in 2024 for a 360 resolve the error code 80151006

in XBoX on Windows
    Does clearing a cache in 2024 for a 360 resolve the error code 80151006: So recently set up my old 360 and ran into the error code 80151006 I found a old post from 2013 saying to clear your cache I was wondering if that would still apply now in 2024 or would there be...
  7. What does the exp do when I finish quest

in XboX Insiders
    What does the exp do when I finish quest: Just wondering if it does anything submitted by /u/Enderrbean [link] [comments]
  8. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  9. My microsoft account was hacked yesterday and 5 game codes were purchased - does anybody...

in XBoX on Windows
    My microsoft account was hacked yesterday and 5 game codes were purchased - does anybody...: My Microsoft account was hacked yesterday and 5 game codes were purchased and gifted to a random email address - the total purchase amount was around £175. I have been desperately trying to...
  10. Does Warzone mobile show up as your status on Xbox profile Like if you were playing a game...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Does Warzone mobile show up as your status on Xbox profile Like if you were playing a game...: And if it it’s not I really hope it does because Microsoft owns activison right so why won’t that be a thing? Also as in call of duty mobile I feel it should be the same it’s something small that...