What does "Were there security proofs on the account that were not recognized?" mean.

Discus and support What does "Were there security proofs on the account that were not recognized?" mean. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; What does this mean? I was asked this by MS support. I don't understand what this exactly means. 00636aae-8d07-4d03-a7b7-6a8c6b181661 Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by XianQT, Dec 30, 2022.

1. XianQT
    XianQT Guest

What does "Were there security proofs on the account that were not recognized?" mean.

What does this mean? I was asked this by MS support. I don't understand what this exactly means.

:)

XianQT, Dec 30, 2022
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hi XianQT,

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hi XianQT,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand the inconvenience caused. As per description, you want to know further explanation about the question you got. Let us check on this together and sort this out to assist your concern.

May we ask if you have contacted to our live support consulting your Microsoft account? If yes, do you have a ticket on this for us to check and verify? Kindly send to us through private message if you have an existing ticket on your case.

We are looking forward to your response.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. THEOWENKILLER Win User

My account is lost forever

The whole point of security proofs on your xbox live account is to prove who you are if your main email is compromised.

Those security proofs are either in the form of email addresses or phone numbers, you even have a random security question on there too.

These security proofs were only added a few years back at most, certainly not 10 years.

Are you saying you have no access or information about any of your security proofs on your live account?

I understand you are saying you say you were in the process of changing your outlook recovery email, but you should still have proofs on your live account.
  5. willy568 Win User

The new annoying password security BULL!

If you keep ignoring the security proofs it WILL LOCK YOU OUT of your account. The sooner it gets done the better. The BIGGEST reason MS is doing this is for more security. They are trying to make sure that you are the only one that has access to your account.
    They don't want the same thing to happen to them like what happed with Sony. A quarter of accounts were hacked and person information (credit cards, etc.) were lost. With the proofs it is a one time thing on the console and not enter it in every time you log
    on.
  6. Chris552299HD Win User

error code 831188fb

That means that something is wrong with your Microsoft account. This may mean that you need to add security proofs to your Microsoft account. To find out more about security proofs and how to add them to your Microsoft account, see Add and update security
    proofs for your Microsoft account.

http://support.xbox.com/billing-and-subscriptions/account-security/security-proofs

If you still experience the error, contact Xbox Support by clicking the “Contact us” link.
Thema:

1. What does "Were there security proofs on the account that were not recognized?" mean. - Similar Threads - does Were security

2. Why does xbox live keep disconnecting when playing a game on xbox x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does xbox live keep disconnecting when playing a game on xbox x: when playing a game on xbox x I get the message disconnected from xbox live? this is only happening recently. 46277482-812f-41f2-bdc8-a42a08acc070
  3. Why does my YouTube video keep unsyncing

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my YouTube video keep unsyncing: The audio is delayed by like a second sometimes and it gets longer c13b4720-ad24-473c-8c91-eecf2c256e46
  4. Does Microsoft sell Xbox series X power cords?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Microsoft sell Xbox series X power cords?: I moved from the US to the UK. I need to buy a new power cord because the outlet is different. I haven’t found any information on how to do that besides buying one from Amazon which could void my...
  5. Does adding an alternate email to 1 account delete the old email?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Does adding an alternate email to 1 account delete the old email?: I recently added an alternate email account to one of my microsoft accounts because I deleted the old email and completely forgot about my microsoft account.. But I didnt think to add a new,...
  6. Why does the friends list keep saying my friends were deleted

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the friends list keep saying my friends were deleted: I have reset Xbox and have been waiting for Xbox to get back with me for other issues included they have not responded prompt. Why is my friends list saying everyone was deleted but I cannot find...
  7. HDR10 one x Does anyone else have an issue were u can’t enable HDR10 but it tells u to...

in XboX Insiders
    HDR10 one x Does anyone else have an issue were u can’t enable HDR10 but it tells u to...: submitted by /u/Barerwolf [link] [comments]
  8. were is support all I get is bots trying to buy a game as a gift and this is what it does

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    were is support all I get is bots trying to buy a game as a gift and this is what it does: Contact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out. Contact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your payment and...
  9. Does the Xbox One re download games if they were previously installed from physical discs?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does the Xbox One re download games if they were previously installed from physical discs?: If I download the game off a friend's disc (because my Internet connection is terrible) and then buy it again off the Xbox store so I have my own copy, will it download it all again (rendering the...
  10. If Halo 2 is going to be played as if it were 10 years ago...does that mean..?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If Halo 2 is going to be played as if it were 10 years ago...does that mean..?: Does that mean there will be Ranked Clan Matches in Halo 2 again? One of my favorite things from Halo 2 85585b3f-7f47-42e4-a5bb-a7b6dcbf1f49