What does sign in or renew the subscription mean when I try to play a game on Xbox One?

Discus and support What does sign in or renew the subscription mean when I try to play a game on Xbox One? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; What does sign in or renew the subscription mean when I try to play a game on Xbox One? 95136ed7-7253-4f70-852c-2a91f5e43be5 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by PrisKKCS2016, Dec 28, 2022.

1. PrisKKCS2016
    PrisKKCS2016 Guest

What does sign in or renew the subscription mean when I try to play a game on Xbox One?

:)

PrisKKCS2016, Dec 28, 2022
  2. PrisKKCS2016 Win User

No, it’s a game I purchased the physical game through Gamely.
  3. ngocphi Win User

If it's an online only game then you need to renew to play

If you are trying to access multiplayer on a non online game you still need a subscription
  4. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

This may mean that you were able to play the game via Xbox game pass or someone is game sharing with you which is why it is asking you to sign in using the account where the game was purchased.

We need to validate, kindly sign in to https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders and check if you can see the game order for the games that you're trying to play from there stated as "completed".

Once you were able to see the games, please remove and re-add your account to re-sync the license.

REMOVE ACCOUNT​​​

​​​

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide. ​​​

2. Select System > Settings > Account > Remove accounts. ​​​

3. Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm. ​​​

4. When you're finished, select Close. ​​​

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

​​​

ADD ACCOUNT​​​

​​​

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide. ​​​

2. Select your gamerpic in the upper-left corner of the screen, move all the way down and select Add new. ​​​

3. Enter the Email address and the password.​​​

4. Read the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statement, and then select I Accept. ​​​

5. Follow the steps to configure your Sign-In & Security preferences to add your Microsoft account to your Xbox console.​​​
  5. T3chnlgydude Win User

Error code 0x803f900a, sign in or renew the subscription

Hi There

This is what I could find for this specific error code:

Error 0x803F900A occurs when you try to play a game on Xbox One

You get the following error code when you try to play a game on Xbox One:

0x803F900A
    This may mean that you need to sign in or renew your game subscription.

Solution

To play your subscription game, use one or both of the following steps, as needed:

• Sign in as the subscription holder for the game you’re trying to play.
    • If you’re already signed in as the subscription holder and the game won’t start, you probably need to renew the subscription in Microsoft Store. You might also find it listed in Settings > Subscriptions.
    For help with signing in, see the Xbox One Connection and Network Solution.

For help with subscriptions, see Manage your non-Xbox subscription payment options on
    Xbox One.

Source:

https://support.xbox.com/en-HK/error-code-lookup?code=0x803f900a

If that does not work try signing out and signing in again.
  6. FingersofFury10 Win User

Xbox is failing on me

What I mean is that whenever I try to sign into another account to play multiplayer games I can't sign in also my Xbox live gold has been renewed but I am having problems with purchasing games for free I even changed the password for one of my accounts but
    it still does not sign in.
Thema:

1. What does sign in or renew the subscription mean when I try to play a game on Xbox One? - Similar Threads - does sign renew

2. Does signing in on Xbox with a vpn connection get my account at risk for ban

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does signing in on Xbox with a vpn connection get my account at risk for ban: Hello I would like to know if I sign into my Xbox account with my vpn activated could I get banned since it shows me in a different region also I have another question can I create an account with...
  3. When I try to sign in it says account does not exist and when I try to send a verification...

in XBoX Accessibility
    When I try to sign in it says account does not exist and when I try to send a verification...: Hello, I have another Microsoft account that I use today I attempted to log into it and it said "We couldn't find an account with that username. Try another, or get a new Microsoft account." This...
  4. Why does my Roblox sign in screen keep freezing?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Roblox sign in screen keep freezing?: Earlier today I have reinstalled Roblox for a small issue, but now when I open Roblox it's takes me to the sign in and while im doing that my whole screen would freeze. At first I thought it was a...
  5. I recently got ark survival ascended and it does not allow me to see any messages on signs...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I recently got ark survival ascended and it does not allow me to see any messages on signs...: Every time a note is dropped in game it says "your content viewing privileges do not allow you to see this content" 0087793e-759e-4063-8695-370d86c8d3fe
  6. It says that my microsoft account does not exist on the microsoft store but i am sign in on...

in XBoX Accessibility
    It says that my microsoft account does not exist on the microsoft store but i am sign in on...: I have been using this email for a while and have not experienced any problems, until now. I can sign into my account on the browser tab but when I try to sign into it on Minecraft or the...
  7. Why does it keep reloading my Xbox cloud gaming page when I try to sign in?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it keep reloading my Xbox cloud gaming page when I try to sign in?: Every time I try to sign into Xbox cloud gaming, I am able to get to the sign in page and sign in, but then I it takes me back to the home page. Then when I try to sign in, it just reloads the...
  8. Why does my Xbox need to be signed in when I logout email everywhere

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my Xbox need to be signed in when I logout email everywhere: I'm only asking because outlook specifically says "logging out everywhere does NOT affect Xbox" So why does my Xbox ask me to go to Microsoft.com/link every time?...
  9. Why does the xbox website refuse to let me sign in?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the xbox website refuse to let me sign in?: Every time I go into the xbox website and press the sign in button it refuses to do so with it literally just refreshing the page instead of bringing me to the sign in page. This has been...
  10. Does xbox app stay signed in when you change the password

in XBoX Accessibility
    Does xbox app stay signed in when you change the password: I have just been hacked by someone I know who bought a bunch of things using my card on my account and now whenever I change the password, it still keeps my xbox app on and says their console is...