What does it take to get someone’s Xbox banned?

Discus and support What does it take to get someone’s Xbox banned? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I used to be close friends with someone, but after some stuff happened, I broke off the friendship. This was about 2 months ago. Within these two... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Solaé E, Nov 3, 2022.

1. Solaé E
    Solaé E Guest

I used to be close friends with someone, but after some stuff happened, I broke off the friendship. This was about 2 months ago. Within these two months, he has messaged me multiple times, has messaged my friends, and keeps creating accounts to try and contact both me and my friends. Today I saw that a new account had added me, and based on past times where he has sexually harassed me, I knew it was him. I’m tired of having to block each and ever account that he creates just to harass me, but I’m not sure what else I can do.

I know that their account can get banned, but I’m talking about the IP of the Xbox itself getting banned.

:)

Solaé E, Nov 3, 2022
  2. Nursemorph Win User

Unfortunately, even IP blocking would not solve this issue as that can be worked around. As an example, if I turn my router off and then on again, the IP address changes as it has a Dynamic IP.

All you can do, unfortunately, is report and block. Depending on what country you are in, it may be against the law to send sexually harassing messages and so could be reported to the police for them to track the person
  3. Solaé E Win User

I’ve reported this player multiple times yet nothing was done.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Solaé

Sorry to hear that, If you think a player has violated the Microsoft Code of Conduct, submit a report to Xbox.
    To learn how to report a player, message, activity feed item, capture, or comment, visit File a complaint on Xbox use this article.
    https://support.xbox.com/help/family-online-saf...

Please note that permanent bans for consoles and accounts are not issued immediately, the enforcement team always investigate carefully an account or device.

In the meantime I think that the best option for you is change your privacy settings in your console. In that way you don't need to block after seeing an unwanted message

https://support.xbox.com/help/family-online-saf...
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

You may need to wait
    No one else at Microsoft can suspend a player
    Only the enforcement team can do that
  6. xTsGh ToXic Win User

Call Of Duty 4 Infected

Also how long does it take for you to get banned if someone is caught?
Thema:

1. What does it take to get someone’s Xbox banned? - Similar Threads - does someone’s banned

2. My guide is not opening. Does someone know what to do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My guide is not opening. Does someone know what to do?: When I normally press the xbox button the guide opens but today when I wanted to open it there came a weird message with the code: 0x80073d0f. I‘ve already done everything that the xbox support...
  3. Why does your team not see the someone else is framing my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does your team not see the someone else is framing my account: So I am here to say why is your team not finding proof the tickets on my Xbox account are false and not true sir Doug * Original title: Why does your team see the someone else is framing my...
  4. My roblox does not work at all, could someone please help me?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My roblox does not work at all, could someone please help me?: Hi, I have contacted roblox support numerous times but all their solutions are ineffective. I've reinstalled roblox more than 10 times, restarted pc on several occasions, done other things, but...
  5. Why does your team see the someone else is framing my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does your team see the someone else is framing my account: So I am here to say why is your team not finding proof the tickets on my Xbox account are false and not true sir Doug cd42e968-d8be-430e-956c-44beafc761c6
  6. What does it mean when someone trys to join my world and it says "unable to join the world,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What does it mean when someone trys to join my world and it says "unable to join the world,...: For some reason whenever my friends try to join me it says this and I am on nintendo switch by the way 5b7b296b-15ae-4805-b98f-f991203d9a78
  7. Someone has hacked my microsoft account, (I think). Does my account still exist or not? Is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone has hacked my microsoft account, (I think). Does my account still exist or not? Is...: Messages i get trying to log in "That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one." "*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** is already...
  8. If i gift someone a DLC code, is it locked to my region, or does it become universal somehow?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If i gift someone a DLC code, is it locked to my region, or does it become universal somehow?: I want to gift a friend a fortnite DLC add-on via the xbox store from my console, but they are in the EU, while i am US based. If i gift sed friend the DLC, would it be locjed to my region, do...
  9. What can i do if someone has my token to my account? does changing password or email do...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What can i do if someone has my token to my account? does changing password or email do...: i just want to know if changing password or email do anything 9fa4ae4c-4e13-4fc3-8f1d-f79abcc03f58
  10. Does anyone know how to speak to someone to resolve an issue with xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Does anyone know how to speak to someone to resolve an issue with xbox account: My son reset his xbox & he was on the account as a family member & now he cannot access any of his games. His gamertag still shows in the family section but we can't do anything with it & he can't...