What does it mean when it says a game needs "faster storage" when I try to download it on...

Discus and support What does it mean when it says a game needs "faster storage" when I try to download it on... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I've been trying to download next gen fifa 22 on my next gen xbox. I have been able to download one game on my external hardrive. My external... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SethS4061, Dec 27, 2022.

1. SethS4061
    SethS4061 Guest

What does it mean when it says a game needs "faster storage" when I try to download it on...

So I've been trying to download next gen fifa 22 on my next gen xbox. I have been able to download one game on my external hardrive. My external hardrive fits all the requirements. But the games I'm trying to download says the selected items I chose to download need "faster storage"

:)

SethS4061, Dec 27, 2022
  2. SethS4061 Win User

What does it mean when it says a game needs "faster storage" when I try to download it on my external hardrive?

Do you have any recommendations for what external hardrive I can use to run these newer games?
  3. Smwutches Win User

What does it mean when it says a game needs "faster storage" when I try to download it on my external hardrive?

The Seagate expansion card is the only external storage device that can run them currently.
  4. Smwutches Win User

For Series X optimized games, they will only run on the internal storage or the Seagate expansion card. Those are faster storage devices than the external hard drive you would be using and is what is required for optimized games.
  5. Misses Joust Win User

Test Drive Unlimited 2 not working at all

Thanks for the answers and trying the steps! I'm still not super clear on which steps you've tried though, as that can vary on which steps were offered by the agent you spoke to. I really don't want to continue to offer steps if you've tried them already.

1. When you say you tried "other USB" does that mean you saved the downloaded game file to a different storage device? If so, was it moved there from the primary storage or was it downloaded fresh? Try downloading it directly to the USB drive instead of moving
      it from the other storage device.
    2. At what point in the game does it freeze?
    3. Are there any corrupt files in the game's folder?
  6. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

I need help what does it mean when it says 1.91 cents?

Hi Tyson, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

In this case, the best course of action is to contact support.

I kindly ask you to speak with Microsoft Store Support.

Please enter this link:

https://support.microsoft.com/help/28808/microsoft-store-contact-support

You can also request a callback or try the Virtual Agent.

https://support.microsoft.com/home/contact

To use the Virtual Agent:

https://vsa.services.microsoft.com/v1.0/

I hope this helps.
Thema:

1. What does it mean when it says a game needs "faster storage" when I try to download it on... - Similar Threads - does mean says

2. I just bought a used Xbox found out the console was banned. Does that mean I cannot...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought a used Xbox found out the console was banned. Does that mean I cannot...: Yes I bought a used xbox recently that didn't reveal to me that The console was Band I know, I can't play using online functions but does that Mean that I can't download the games that I've...
  3. hey i have a question what does it mean when it says "one or two more accounts cannot play...

in XBoX on Windows
    hey i have a question what does it mean when it says "one or two more accounts cannot play...: i used xbox360 minecraft to play PvP and the popup appers:"one or two more accounts cannot play multiplayer games." i really want to try online pvp PLZ HELP!!!11 3a93bd93-ff87-4354-b8c9-e68abc026d0a
  4. On Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc...: on an Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc is healthy ? Is this a good way of testing whether a disc is healthy ?...
  5. What does, TIMED OUT WAITING TO SYNC SERVER TIME [reason; SHERMAN - BULLIS] mean?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What does, TIMED OUT WAITING TO SYNC SERVER TIME [reason; SHERMAN - BULLIS] mean?: What does, TIMED OUT WAITING TO SYNC SERVER TIME [reason; SHERMAN - BULLIS] mean? f4835a83-57b6-433a-9048-d110c7bc140f
  6. Problem buying content. What does this error code mean?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem buying content. What does this error code mean?: Every time I try to make a purchase with my card or Microsoft balance I get this message. For the card it charges me anyway then immediately refunds it. I've tried waiting but this has been going...
  7. What does it mean if your Xbox keeps turning off and being slow but not running hot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What does it mean if your Xbox keeps turning off and being slow but not running hot?: My Xbox will be slow and sometimes freeze up then turn off. But when I try to turn it back in the light on the system will turn on but wont be on the screen. I even got a better HDMI and it didn't...
  8. What does it mean when someone trys to join my world and it says "unable to join the world,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What does it mean when someone trys to join my world and it says "unable to join the world,...: For some reason whenever my friends try to join me it says this and I am on nintendo switch by the way 5b7b296b-15ae-4805-b98f-f991203d9a78
  9. When I go to the insiders app on pc it says join, does this mean I never joined on my Xbox?...

in XboX Insiders
    When I go to the insiders app on pc it says join, does this mean I never joined on my Xbox?...: Sorry for long title, basically short story short: Xbox error E201, do everything Microsoft tells me too do so they tell me to send to repair shop so I did, well you see they did everything and...
  10. What does it mean when it says This account is suspended from Xbox network

in XBoX Accessibility
    What does it mean when it says This account is suspended from Xbox network: Does this mean that my account is suspended at the moment because on the enforcement page it’s permanent. Ban because I wasn’t home when it was banned my brother was on it and change my pfp to...