What does a hard reset actually do? Need help on fixing a bugged update download on disc.

Discus and support What does a hard reset actually do? Need help on fixing a bugged update download on disc. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I'm trying to fix an error with my Battlefront 2 disc on Xbox One S demanding an update and stopping updating quickly at 22%. (More help on this is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dawglover222, Jul 19, 2022.

1. Dawglover222
    Dawglover222 Guest

What does a hard reset actually do? Need help on fixing a bugged update download on disc.

So I'm trying to fix an error with my Battlefront 2 disc on Xbox One S demanding an update and stopping updating quickly at 22%. (More help on this is very needed!) Apparently, I'm supposed to hard reset the console. However, I read hard resets wipe everything. I do not want to lose my profiles/accounts/ data/purchases/avatars.

Most of my games are on discs with data on the console, but several (Minecraft, Destiny) that are digital but use other accounts. How can I fix the issue without wiping all my data on my disc games?

I'm asking because I was told to perform a hard reset to fix this issue.

:)

Dawglover222, Jul 19, 2022
  2. Dawglover222 Win User

I tried another game (Shovel Knight Treasure Trove) and it updated/downloaded the disc data and an update I think with no problems, it's probably the disc. Thanks for the help, may have to buy another copy.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

If you're referring to transferring directly OneDrive exported clips to Xbox again.
    As I don't work for Microsoft, sincerely I don't know when this feature is going to be available

I hope the issue finally gets fixed with the factory reset, for now. Wishing you the best of lucks and take care in the meantime
  4. Dawglover222 Win User

Please inform me if it becomes available, tomorrow, I'll do the full reset to hopefully fix the stupid issue.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Transfer the files from OneDrive to your Xbox directly is not possible right now.

But you can use a 3.0 drive and select it to store screenshots and captures, in that way you can view them on your Xbox or share it if necessary
  6. Dawglover222 Win User

How do I bring my Onedrive stored files onto Xbox again?
Thema:

1. What does a hard reset actually do? Need help on fixing a bugged update download on disc. - Similar Threads - does hard reset

2. Hi all I have tried the hard reset but it does not seem to work what can I do next ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi all I have tried the hard reset but it does not seem to work what can I do next ?: Having the same problem on xbox one s tried the hard reset but it does not work , what can I do next please ? 266ff8cb-3690-4824-b65f-2dbc96453265
  3. Does anyone else have an extremely hard time trying to get customer support from Xbox..

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Does anyone else have an extremely hard time trying to get customer support from Xbox..: Does anyone else have an extremely hard time trying to get customer support from Xbox. It’s like I’m trying to communicate with a brick wall when I try too. Not only that but I’ve reported this...
  4. Why does Xbox Customer Support and the new strike system suck so hard lately?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Xbox Customer Support and the new strike system suck so hard lately?: Sorry if this thread comes off as me being a massive hot dog, but I'm fed up with xbox support, and the new ban system. Call me a 30 year old boomer for remembering game chats of the 360 days. I...
  5. Does anyone find it hard to get support from Xbox personnel not community support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone find it hard to get support from Xbox personnel not community support: I find this such a cop out, 14 days and still won’t install a game it’s stuck but hey replace the Xbox a fourth time and it will do the same problem. Do you not think something may have gone wrong...
  6. Why does my Seagate external hard drive its full but its empty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Seagate external hard drive its full but its empty: I have a seagate hard drive and I've been trying to get ot to work but I can't it says 100% full but also thats theirs nothing at all on it even when i check it on my computer its says that theirs...
  7. My Xbox app does not detect my external hard drive in the console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox app does not detect my external hard drive in the console: Yesterday I bought an external hard drive for my console since I ran out of space in the internal storage. The problem starts when I want to download physical games (that is I have the disc) that...
  8. Why can’t I open my settings even after hard resetting multiple times and why does my Xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I open my settings even after hard resetting multiple times and why does my Xbox...: When I turn my Xbox on most times it just stays on the green loading screen for hours and when it does work it freezes within 10 minutes of just in the menu I can’t even play a single game for up...
  9. Does my Xbox hard drive hold all the system updates

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does my Xbox hard drive hold all the system updates: I was wondering does all my system updates go to my hard drive and if I were to take my hard drive out of my broken system could I put it in my other not so broken system would it have the latest...
  10. Why does my friend have to copy a game from his external to his internal hard drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my friend have to copy a game from his external to his internal hard drive?: my friend has 600gb on his external hard drive but it wont let him play the games he has on it unless he copys them to his internal hard please help i really want to help him fix this i looked up...