What do I do when I put an original Xbox game in my 360 and it displays the game name...

Discus and support What do I do when I put an original Xbox game in my 360 and it displays the game name... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I put my Soulcalibur 2 disc ,which is backwards compatible with Xbox 360, into my 360 it displays the game name correctly in the disc section... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Orokin Pyro, Dec 23, 2022.

1. Orokin Pyro
    Orokin Pyro Guest

What do I do when I put an original Xbox game in my 360 and it displays the game name...

Whenever I put my Soulcalibur 2 disc ,which is backwards compatible with Xbox 360, into my 360 it displays the game name correctly in the disc section but tells me "The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again." I have been told to make sure the console is up to date on updates and I would like to know if there's any other possible solutions
    What do I do when I put an original Xbox game in my 360 and it displays the game name... [​IMG]

:)

Orokin Pyro, Dec 23, 2022
  2. ReynaldoB Win User

What do I do when I put an original Xbox game in my 360 and it displays the game name correctly but won't let me open the game.

Hello Orokin Pyro!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely

Microsoft Community Forum Moderator
  3. ReynaldoB Win User

What do I do when I put an original Xbox game in my 360 and it displays the game name correctly but won't let me open the game.

Hi Orokin Pyro,

Thank you for posting on the Microsoft Community forum. I hope you are doing well.

Based on your description, it seems to be that you are unable to open your Xbox game. Let's work together to find the best solution to this problem.

I would like to ask a few questions to better understand the problem.

• When did this problem started?
    • What was your last activity on your device before the issue started? Do you remember any changes you've made on your device?
    • May I konw where did the error occurs? Does it happen on your Xbox dashboard or on the original game?
    To better assist you, here's an article for troubleshooting that you can try. You may try those troubleshooting steps and see if it resolves the problem. “The game could not start” error occurs on Xbox 360 | Xbox Support

I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely

Microsoft Community Forum Moderator
  4. Orokin Pyro Win User

This issue occurred on December 22nd, a little bit before the post was made. The only things I did on the console before the issue occurred was putting the disc in my Xbox 360 and then turning on the console, logging in, and then attempting to open the game. The issue happened on the Xbox 360 dashboard as shown in the image on the original post. I attempted to open the game again right as I was typing this post and it still has the same issue.
  5. Miss Visualize Win User

Open Tray Error.

My Xbox is six years old, and it doesn't only do this to certain games. It has done it to various games. And @TheOwenKiller, I'm sorry for being rude. I am never going to open up my Xbox, I do not know what I am doing, so that would not be a good idea.

Also, every time I put in an original xbox game, it reads it right away. I find that very weird that it reads an original xbox game, but not a 360 game.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

I put a code in the wrong game what do I do

What code? what game? What exactly did you do?

If you redeemed a code on the wrong account theres nothing that can be done, sorry to say
Thema:

1. What do I do when I put an original Xbox game in my 360 and it displays the game name... - Similar Threads - put original game

2. Why when I use my Fortnite vbuck card and put in the Xbox code its say it already been used...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I use my Fortnite vbuck card and put in the Xbox code its say it already been used...: I followed the directions on the game and when I went to the Xbox code and went on my console it didn’t work it’s said it had already Been used and it was 1,000 vbuck on that card that I can’t use...
  3. I just want to know where the hell do I put this link that keeps coming up on my Xbox to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I just want to know where the hell do I put this link that keeps coming up on my Xbox to...: Where do I put this link from my Xbox so I can play the damn games a13086df-ef2b-490f-9ce0-2b383915e16e
  4. I have put a random command in command prompt from Youtube and now it is having issues...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have put a random command in command prompt from Youtube and now it is having issues...: Recently i have put a random command in command prompt from youtube and now i have trouble starting up epicgames, ubisoft and can't play any other games. Is there a way to fix this?...
  5. My brother has put 50 pound codes on his account but not showed up on it what is going on...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My brother has put 50 pound codes on his account but not showed up on it what is going on...: I need to find out what is going on with my brother account on Xbox one it not give him his gift card credit of 50 pound please help and tell me y please c9ea2a75-e215-4803-81f7-aea4a3e2f4c8
  6. Hi I have put a refund in 4 months ago and it has been accepted but I have not been...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi I have put a refund in 4 months ago and it has been accepted but I have not been...: Here is my evidenceof refund being accepted [img] 48bf7e83-9bd5-4aed-9ceb-b8353aa5de94
  7. If I put my physical game data into a external storage and plug it into my series s could i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I put my physical game data into a external storage and plug it into my series s could i...: So I have an Xbox one s and I feel it’s time to finally upgrade to a new gen console. being the Xbox one s has a disk drive I have a bunch of game disks of games I play. Now I have an external...
  8. I’m trying to make a developer mode account but I don’t know what to put for country/region...

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m trying to make a developer mode account but I don’t know what to put for country/region...: Please help me what’s the country region code for the United States? 89960a45-e084-4f25-b603-5ade3a7032f4
  9. I am trying to play minecraft, but when i click microsoft login; it puts a random email for...

in XBoX on Windows
    I am trying to play minecraft, but when i click microsoft login; it puts a random email for...: i am trying to log into my microsoft account with xbox, but it auto-fills a email for me and i cant change it, if i click the little back arrow next to the e-mail it completley exits from xbox. I...
  10. If I put the left stick up in the left corner then it won’t click. This is very bad because...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I put the left stick up in the left corner then it won’t click. This is very bad because...: If I put the left stick up in the left corner then it won’t click. This is very bad because I play siege and I need it to aim. Do I send it back for it to be fixed or is there a way I can fix it...