What do I do when I can’t add someone as a friend when they are not blocked

Discus and support What do I do when I can’t add someone as a friend when they are not blocked in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; What do I do when I can’t add someone as a friend when they are not blocked 0f2bf037-da38-480e-9e02-f54e3466b167 Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Maria amentas, Mar 29, 2023.

1. What do I do when I can’t add someone as a friend when they are not blocked

:)

Maria amentas, Mar 29, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Maria!

What just happened when you try to add someone as a friend?

Have you confirmed from that particular person if they didn't block you? Or ask them to first add you as a friend before you?

Also, didn't you have issues adding other people as a friend?
  3. Kristen T �� Win User

Why can't I add a friend to my friends list?

I may be wrong but if it’s not letting you add them, they disappeared from your list and their friends list went to 0 it seems like they may have blocked you. 😔 You can’t see someone’s friends anymore when they block you and it doesn’t let you add them. Can you see the rest of their profile? It may also be a glitch but if it’s only happening with that one person it sounds like they could have blocked you.
  4. NPYYZ Win User

Followers No disable option?

I don't like that feature either. Here's what I do, when someone follows me that I don't know I block them. I really wish they would add a NO Followers feature.
  5. dellmas Win User

How do I stop seeing someone sign in that I've blocked??

I'm not sure if Blocking someone removes them as a "Favorite" which is what triggers seeing someone sign in. Perhaps unblock them, remove them as a favorite and then re block them?
    Only way to do that would be to unblock, add as a friend, add as favorite then remove from favo

rite. Blocking removes them from friends list. If they aren't on your friend list they aren't a favorite. Try again.🤷‍♂️
  6. Frank Moses Win User

What do I do when I see this?

Thema:

1. What do I do when I can’t add someone as a friend when they are not blocked - Similar Threads - can’t add someone

2. people can’t add me as a friend

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    people can’t add me as a friend: for the past few days people haven’t been able to add me as a friend. i’ve tried resetting my xbox and deleting my profile and nothing fixes it. it sucks when i make a new friend in a game and add...
  3. Can’t add my Master card to xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Can’t add my Master card to xbox: I can’t add my Mastercard to my xbox account, when I get up to trying to add my address it only shows American States available even though I live in Australia. I’ve tried adding my card to my...
  4. Xbox One S can’t add account after partial factory reset

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One S can’t add account after partial factory reset: I was having issues with being signed in and being connected to the internet at the same time so after looking at some answers on here I did a reset that kept my games and apps. Now when I try and...
  5. Can’t add friends in Fortnite

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can’t add friends in Fortnite: My sons friends list disappeared in Fortnite and each time he tries to find a friend to add back in, the parental control PIN appears. When the parental pin comes up, we enter the PIN and it says...
  6. Can’t add existing email address as a Microsoft account alias

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t add existing email address as a Microsoft account alias: Trying to add my main email to my other account to sign into my Xbox however I’m constantly receiving the error “There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to...
  7. I can’t add my account to my Xbox after factory resetting, it just brings a loading sign up...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t add my account to my Xbox after factory resetting, it just brings a loading sign up...: I’ve had to factory reset my Xbox, but now I can’t add my account back onto my Xbox, I’ve been trying to connect to live chat for about 2 hours and it won’t let me request a call back, what should...
  8. Madden 24 can’t add friends

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Madden 24 can’t add friends: There is no friends list available in play a friend at the bottom right of my screen. I pre ordered. Can I uninstall and get a new version or is there a fix? 29d267a2-6780-473f-b7f9-d25697ff94ec
  9. I can’t add my credit card in my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t add my credit card in my account: So, i wanna subscribe to game pass for pc but when i tried to use the saved credit card that i’ve subscribed through it multiple times before it gave me a authorization failure massage, so i tried...
  10. Can’t add money to family member’s account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t add money to family member’s account: up until recently I had no problem adding money to my son’s account, which sits under my family group account. He recently got a new Xbox x and set it up as his. Since then I have not been able...