What do i do now?

Discus and support What do i do now? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just bought a preowned Xbox Series X from my local GameStop and when i got home it told me the console was banned from xbox live. What can i do now?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ethan W1, Dec 3, 2022.

1. Ethan W1
    Ethan W1 Guest

What do i do now?

I just bought a preowned Xbox Series X from my local GameStop and when i got home it told me the console was banned from xbox live. What can i do now? Will Gamestop take it back and replace it with another one or am i stuck with it and wasted my money? is there anyway i can get the console unbanned from xbox live?

:)

Ethan W1, Dec 3, 2022
  2. KindGryphon Win User

What do I do now?

I was console banned for life for pulling a public IP address after being called racial and homophobic slurs and being told to kms multiple times yet I'm the one that gets perma banned, I've also tried an appeal and it seems they didn't even read it. I also did nothing with the IP address, I used it as self defense to scare the people harassing me and get them to leave me alone. The guy I sent it to wasn't even scared. Ive heard of my friends actually ddosing and doxing them, but when I use public info to scare someone Im the bad guy. There's also multiple situations of people being wrongfully banned as far as I've seen from 2016. Would it be plausible to take legal action if I find the right information?
    It unfortunately doesnt matter if you didnt do anything with the ip except use it to scare them. Years ago i got banned for doing the same thing (i was young and dumb) and it is something that was/is against the rules regardless.

It doesnt matter how a situation starts. If you retaliate but responding back with something that breaks the rules (which you did) then you can also be suspended.

As long as you reported the other player the enforcement team will investigate and issue whatever punishment they deem fit. You wont be told if or when that happens.
  3. Mistress Sara Win User

What do I do now?

Hi there,

Unfortunately with a console ban there is nothing that can be done. The Safety Team are the ones that issue those suspensions and they do not use the forums. They are only contactable through the case review process, which a console ban does not qualify for.
    Keep in mind, console bans are not given out lightly. More information about console bans can be found here.

If you do decide to proceed with legal action, any assistance in the forums, or from support will cease.
  4. Ethan W1 Win User

What do i do now?

Yes i have my receipt, i will be going to Gamestop Tomorrow Morning to talk to them when they open again. thank you
  5. crazydude1965 Win User

What do i do now?

I would have thought you would be good to take it back grab a screen shot of the ban screen make sure you have your receipt
  6. Ethan W1 Win User

What do i do now?

I wonder why they sold it to me then. I asked the cashier if anything was wrong with it since it was preowned and he said no.
Thema:

What do i do now?