What do I do if I buy a damaged Xbox gift card

Discus and support What do I do if I buy a damaged Xbox gift card in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I went to Walmart and bought a gift card but when I scratched off to get the code the **** paper ripped and I can’t make out my code... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Callan Nelson, Jun 4, 2023.

1. What do I do if I buy a damaged Xbox gift card

I went to Walmart and bought a gift card but when I scratched off to get the code the **** paper ripped and I can’t make out my code

:)

Callan Nelson, Jun 4, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Callan, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.
    Not a Microsoft employee.

I'm sorry to hear your gift card code isn't readable after trying to scratch it.

I recommend you reaching out to the Walmart you used to purchase this gift card and ask them for a replacement first.

If they're unable to give you one, you can try reaching out to the support as advised in this dedicated support article:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/subscriptions-bil...
  3. Bayron Pavon Win User

I have a damaged gift card, how do I get a new code

Damaged gift card how do I get a new code
    I missed some number of my Xbox gift card.
  4. Ghost0207 Win User

I buy some Gift card and put it in the account, but they can't use for buy laptop, how can I do...

I buy some Microsoft gift card, but I found I can not buy laptop by gift card!

I try to find the shop to refund them, but they refused!

what can i do with these cards......
  5. JoshWatson4 Win User

Microsoft store

I put money on my xbox with a gift card and when I go to buy items for games it says I only have £0.09 I dont know why considering I put in a £25 gift card what do I do to fix????
  6. Ben4724 Win User

How do I redeem a gift card that is damaged

Hi! My name is Ben a fellow member here in the community and hope you are doing well!

With regards to damaged gift card, if you still have the receipt I suggest to contact the Xbox support team directly instead. But make sure you have the receipt ready as they might ask for it. You may reach them here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us

Just click Contact us > Subscriptions & billing > I can't redeem a code > type in Support > Click Next > Choose "See contact options" and from there you can choose to chat with them or request a callback.

But for me the chat is faster than to wait for a callback so I would suggest to go for chat instead. You may also see this link as reference on what to do for damaged codes https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/subscriptio...

I hope the information helps somehow but feel free to post back if you have questions and we will try with the best of our knowledge to assist.

Kind regards,

Ben
Thema:

1. What do I do if I buy a damaged Xbox gift card - Similar Threads - buy damaged gift

2. Why will my xbox sires s not buy lords of the fallen if it's new in 2024

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why will my xbox sires s not buy lords of the fallen if it's new in 2024: I literally just got money put on my microsoft account and wanted to buy lords of the fallen so when I went to the play store and buy it, it said oops sorry try again later I'm like why and I try...
  3. Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?: Hello, I was recently saving some Microsoft rewards points and I was wondering if with Microsoft gift cards redeemed with Microsoft rewards points, I could actually buy a new Elite Series 2...
  4. Where to buy buttons / switches for xbox adaptive controller?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where to buy buttons / switches for xbox adaptive controller?: Hi I have an xbox accessibility controller (the big rectangle controller) for a disabled friend and was wondering where do I buy switches / additional buttons to plug into the controller...
  5. I’m trying to play MWlll cross gen addition and every time it ask my to buy game pass to play

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m trying to play MWlll cross gen addition and every time it ask my to buy game pass to play: It keeps giving me 2 options to buy game pass when I try to play multiplayer or zombies e6a1160e-aab8-4e68-9afb-5cf653891546
  6. Microsoft no longer a great company,do not buy Xbox Series X, no support when you get a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft no longer a great company,do not buy Xbox Series X, no support when you get a...: I called the Microsoft help line for a launch (August 2020)console Xbox series X that my family gifted me for my birthday on March 2021. The console after a year and a half craped out. I was...
  7. When i try to buy the fortnite crew pass on mobile it asks me to put in my details but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    When i try to buy the fortnite crew pass on mobile it asks me to put in my details but it...: When i try to buy the fortnite crew pass on mobile it asks me to put in my details but it wont let me change my country/ reigon 41f36125-770c-4d8a-81b7-2071d0f26123
  8. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  9. Buying a code for a delisted version of a game.

in XBoX on Windows
    Buying a code for a delisted version of a game.: I was considering purchasing a digital code for the Deluxe Edition of Resident 4. However, that version has been delisted and replaced with the Gold Version. If I purchase the code for the deluxe...
  10. i am looking to buy a xbox controller since my main controller has stick drift but im not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i am looking to buy a xbox controller since my main controller has stick drift but im not...: So within the next few weeks i plan on getting another controller, but im not sure what one to choose from. my budget is 67 dollars. I went on sites like amazon, gamestop, and bestbuy and went...