What do do with the updates for Microsoft Flight Sim if there is no enough space

Discus and support What do do with the updates for Microsoft Flight Sim if there is no enough space in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Well I downloaded Microsoft flight sim and everything was going great until the new mandatory update. So when I was about to update just like usual ( I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Jboys Tan, Sep 15, 2023.

1. Jboys Tan
    Jboys Tan Guest

What do do with the updates for Microsoft Flight Sim if there is no enough space

Well I downloaded Microsoft flight sim and everything was going great until the new mandatory update. So when I was about to update just like usual ( I have 55gb in my storage now.), watching all YouTube videos, they recommended that I downloaded the game to another file so I thought that it would be good that my updates are downloaded into another file. Hence I changed my file location. And now, every time I open Microsoft flight sim, it tells me to update and when I try to find a file it says that there is no space on that disk. Pls help by telling me what to do and also telling me what file I can put the updates to to relocate the updates to the original file

:)

Jboys Tan, Sep 15, 2023
  2. Richard Fazio Win User

I have MSFS installed and it is on version 1.18.14. When I try to start it up it tells me there is a mandatory update. The store says I'm up to date?? What do I do??

What fixed it was installing Xbox on the PC. Not Xbox game bar but just plain Xbox. It is like the Microsoft Store but for games mostly. It recognized that I needed to update Microsoft Flight Sim but would not do it. I clicked on the update for Microsoft Flight Sim and nothing would happen. But then I went back to Microsoft Store and it recognized I needed to update MSFS and did it. Problem solved.
  3. Maccadooooooooo Win User

OAG's (old age gamers) What vintage game would you give an HD makeover?

I think this is what is missing from the xbox a new flight sim/ space sim like elite......In todays gaming it would look amazing..
  4. Roel Wouters1 Win User

Flight sim cloud gaming installs update on hard drive?

Yeah i know, i was wondering why i do need to update flight sim on cloud when i want to have the updates. The game still updates "something/somewhere (in the cloud seems strange to me). Flight sim is the only game i have this weird thing with cloud gaming. All the other games always latest version, and there is never a question to update something, but its always the same with flight sim.
  5. KyleW1864 Win User

CH Products Flight Sim Yoke Set up

How do i set up CH Products Flight Sim Yoke for Microsoft Flight Sim 2020?
    I had to map each axis and button manually. Equipment must be too old for them to do it for us.
  6. Vanessaez Win User

My MSFS2020 is downloaded to a hard drive, and a new update was set to download to the folder from when it was in my PC, and I’m thinking i should download it onto the drives official folder, should I

Hello Blastedoregano, my name is Vanessa, and I would be happy to help.

Yes, it is possible that your hard drive is out of space. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 updates can be quite large, so if you have little space on your hard drive, it is possible that the update will not be able to download correctly.

In general, it is recommended to download Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 updates to the official units folder. This folder is located on the C: drive of the operating system and has enough space to store updates.

If you decide to download the update to the hard drive, it is important to check that there is enough available space. You can do this by opening File Explorer and right-clicking on the hard drive. Then, select "Properties" and check the amount of available space.

If the hard drive has little space, you can free up space by deleting files you don't use. You can also move some files to an external hard drive or a cloud storage drive.

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help.

Best regards,
    Vanessa.
Thema:

1. What do do with the updates for Microsoft Flight Sim if there is no enough space - Similar Threads - updates Microsoft Flight

2. Problem with Updates for Microsoft Flight Simulator

in XBoX on Windows
    Problem with Updates for Microsoft Flight Simulator: Well I downloaded Microsoft flight sim and everything was going great until the new mandatory update. So when I was about to update just like usual ( I have 55gb in my storage now.), watching all...
  3. I can’t start Microsoft flight simulator on my Xbox and it says that it needs an update....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t start Microsoft flight simulator on my Xbox and it says that it needs an update....: I have an Xbox and Microsoft flight simulator. When I start msfs, it shows that it needs an update When I click on « update », it shows that it can’t do the update And then when I retry to...
  4. Microsoft flight simulator 2020 update problems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft flight simulator 2020 update problems: Hello today the new msfs arrived (dvd version) when after I installed it I needed to do a mandatory update but when the update was at like 8Gb it went back to 5 Gb...
  5. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Stuck in Update screen/ start screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Stuck in Update screen/ start screen: I have this problem over time, and now i can't play the game. When i launch the game by steam it opens in the same screen ang get stuck aways. I tried to delete roaming folders, remove the...
  6. can anyone tell how to get the new sim update 14 beta of microsoft flight simulator on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can anyone tell how to get the new sim update 14 beta of microsoft flight simulator on...: can anyone tell how to get the new sim update 14 beta of microsoft flight simulator on xcloud microsoft flight simulator please? 310cf484-e5b1-4570-a822-0688d474dbee
  7. microsoft flight simulator is stuck on a 0b update followed support instructions and it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    microsoft flight simulator is stuck on a 0b update followed support instructions and it...: this has been going on for a week and ive waited 3 hours today a0237ffc-3e16-4d02-ba91-a239ab6275f1
  8. Microsoft Flight Simulator Update does not work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Flight Simulator Update does not work: After opening the game, the installation manager opens and the update starts, but nothing changes and the update does not load. By the way, it always worked before. I have no internet problems and...
  9. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Keeps Crashing when it reaches the Check For Updates page.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Keeps Crashing when it reaches the Check For Updates page.: For some reason, after an update when I launched MSFS, it was working fine. But then after I quit the game, and played for a few hours playing different games, it just starts crashing once it...
  10. Microsoft Flight Simulator: You are missing essential packages, please update the game and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight Simulator: You are missing essential packages, please update the game and...: Hi After weeks of fighting I finally found a definive fix for this issue... Uninstalled MSFS and installed X-Plane... it works beautifully... no isues with MSFS anymore !!!!...