What date next year do inactive gamertags get released?

Discus and support What date next year do inactive gamertags get released? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; What date next year do inactive gamertags get released? 29771eca-aa39-417c-a4c7-91be5cf49136 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Zeltrax, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Zeltrax
    Zeltrax Guest

:)

Zeltrax, Sep 1, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. [Farscape] Win User

yep, if they dont sign into any xbox services then the xbox account will be closed unless there is a paid service attached, but just signing into windows 10 also uses xbox services so any account signed in will most likely be classed as active, its 5 years
    for any microsoft account that has had zero sign in over 5 years and all associated services will be closed too, unless a paid for service is attached.

as an example i have a gamertag associated with my other email address, i have never used that tag and never used it on xbox, but i use the email regular and that has been like that for years and years.
  3. Zeltrax Win User

Damn :( Been waiting for this one account for 10 years and they have played any games for on it for 7 years. Guess I will have to just keep checking.

When you say 2-5 years is that from the date where Microsoft changed account terms and conditions?
  4. [Farscape] Win User

there is no specific dates for this to happen, it can be between 2 and 5 years for accounts that have not logged in to be removed from the system as per the terms of service.

if an account is deleted from the system the associated tag may become available, but to know the date is impossible and accounts reaching either 2 years or 5 years depending on status can close throughout the year.

and tags that look like they arent used may still be attached to an active account and as long as that account signs into the services then it will never be released.
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

Gamertag

After the last mass openings of inactive gamertags there was a new policy put into place that the ONLY way gamertags will be released is if the MS account that they are attached to has been inactive for FIVE years from 2016.

What this basically means is that the MS account attached to a tag can not be signed into anything to do with MS for five years starting in 2016 Keep in mind that the MS accounts are more then just Xbox so even if the account shows inactive on the Xbox the
    account may be signed in elsewhere. If it is truly inactive the earliest that it will be released would be 2021 five years from the date that the policy was implemented.
  6. Njal the Blue Win User

Gamertag from inactive account

Once a gamertag is acquired MS will not release the gamertag until that account has been completely inactive with anything to do with MS not just the xbox for 5 years from the last date that it was used. Keep in mind even if it may seem like a gamertag
    is inactive on the xbox console that does not mean that the MS account associated with that gamertag is not being used in something else associated with MS.
    Microsoft have recently updated their terms and it is now 2 years of inactivity and they will shut down the account.
Thema:

1. What date next year do inactive gamertags get released? - Similar Threads - date next inactive

2. Wordament states I have two cloud files with different dates. Aks me to choose a file then...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wordament states I have two cloud files with different dates. Aks me to choose a file then...: Wordament opens to state I have two games with different start dates, . Wants me to choose which file / game to use, then refuses to acknowledge my choice. tech help was useless because it...
  3. Try your purchase at a later date Your account has reached its purchase limit....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Try your purchase at a later date Your account has reached its purchase limit....: Try your purchase at a later date Your account has reached its purchase limit. PUR-AmountLimitExceeded cr9fxcQklYIcxwwB5bD87B.341.4 This shows up when i try to subscribe to Gamepass...
  4. There's a date of the new troubleshooting update?

in XboX Insiders
    There's a date of the new troubleshooting update?: My xbox didn't work since january. When the new troubleshooting for insiders update will be lauched? submitted by /u/haruo_ghs [link] [comments]
  5. why is the recent OSU is dated back in August of 2021?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is the recent OSU is dated back in August of 2021?: I just want the most recent OSU f3ece180-f3b6-4c18-9f4d-97752fa7aa83
  6. The Impact of the Xbox 360 Release Date on the Gaming Industry

in XboX Insiders
    The Impact of the Xbox 360 Release Date on the Gaming Industry: The Impact of the Xbox 360 Release Date on the Gaming Industry sparked a revolution, It was 2005, and the buzz of change was everywhere. Microsoft was gearing up to hit a very special button — a...
  7. How DO I change the Billing Date from the 21st to the 25th or the 1st of the next month?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How DO I change the Billing Date from the 21st to the 25th or the 1st of the next month?: I need to change the date I am billied, it was initially around the 25th, I missed a payment and when I paid the date changed. I want to change it back or even to the first which would be ideal...
  8. Why is there no date on the xbox dashboard or next to time????? Can we get it let's get...

in XboX Insiders
    Why is there no date on the xbox dashboard or next to time????? Can we get it let's get...: I can't be the only o e that wants a the date on my xbox submitted by /u/lebowskithedude1 [link] [comments]
  9. How do I go about fixing my gold share my son did something that says a date next time I

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I go about fixing my gold share my son did something that says a date next time I: well my son did something to our gold to share and has a date on it for next time we can do it .I was not aware that this could happen is there anyway we can fix it I’m out of work and I can’t buy...
  10. How Do You Check Your XB1 Account's Next Available "Home Sharing" Date If All ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How Do You Check Your XB1 Account's Next Available "Home Sharing" Date If All ...: Pretty sure I have about two or all three xb1 license transfers used up. My friend has used all three of his shares and ofcourse it's stating a 1-Yr prompt. But the real Q. here is, how in the...