What counts as advertisement?

Discus and support What counts as advertisement? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I was suspended from group posts and communications for a post involving an in-game (Minecraft) economy in which we ''sell and buy items, land, etc''... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SG03., Nov 30, 2022.

1. SG03.
    SG03. Guest

I was suspended from group posts and communications for a post involving an in-game (Minecraft) economy in which we ''sell and buy items, land, etc'' as I put it in the post. These items are purely in game, and no real money is used, we simply do this to simulate economies for fun. I understand the confusion but the post in question clearly outlined that it was in game. Does this count as advertisement if there is no product involved for real world money? In future should I even mention it, or should avoid mention of any trading all together to avoid suspension?

Also, to note the rest of the post stated players could run for elections, make towns, make businesses and should be over the age of 16 at least to play. I'm fairly sure that the quote outlined is the reason however you never know.

:)

SG03., Nov 30, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

LFG posts are only for finding others to play a game with. Offering to buy/sell/trade,etc. anything in them is not allowed even if it is allowed in-game (LFG posts are not considered in-game). So it would be best to avoid mentioning that in those posts.
  3. Pinbot Fembot 1 Win User

Xbox one using a lot of data

Or go iinet as Xbox downloads aren't counted.

I use internode, so this isn't a paid advertisement hehe
  4. OCRyzen Win User

Next Xbox MIGHT be called Xbox 8?

[quote user="Nielo TM"]

oh I don't know, does the past 10 years count?

[/quote]

Ten Years of advertising, for "Xbox 8"..???? I don't think so & you missed the whole point of what I said, once again...
  5. Enraged Bacon Win User

'Advertising' query on UK consoles

I usually get to see the movies for free since Im the projectionist at my local theater. We do run advertisements before the show up until the advertised start time. Then at the advertised start time the Movie begins with the trailers. Believe it or not,
    but theaters are required to put certain trailers on movies based on what the studio requests. Some studios go as far as to send a person on opening weekend to check for proper trailers and count attendance to make sure we aren't letting people go for free.
    But when it goes >Trailer>advert>trailer>trailer>advertisement>advertisement>trailer>advertisement>trailer>film thats rude to the paying customers imo. Ours goes >advertisements>advertised start time>Trailers>film. If my theater ever runs rolling stock(advertisements
    after advertised start time) I will no longer work there.
  6. voteDC Win User

Why do Xbox Live Gold members get adverts on the dashboard?

Just because a square doesn't have 'advertisement' written under it does not mean it is not an advert.

Currently on my sister's 360 'Home' pane I have an advert for Games With Gold. One for the Xbox One, Another for 'Warface'. How about Xbox at E3, or another for the best deals on Gold.

Oh I guess they don't count. Though given the only one with 'Advertisement' written under it is for Bing, a Microsoft service available on the console, I guess that one doesn't count either.
Thema:

1. What counts as advertisement? - Similar Threads - counts advertisement

2. Xbox PC App - Achievement is unlocked but gamerscore and achievement count wont update?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox PC App - Achievement is unlocked but gamerscore and achievement count wont update?: Is there anyone else experiencing this bug where the Xbox app displays an achievement as unlocked, but the gamerscore and the achievement count won't update? I was playing Maquette from Xbox Game...
  3. How to play gears of war 2 split screen on the series x with a guest a count

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to play gears of war 2 split screen on the series x with a guest a count: Need help *Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Other* 901b21f1-de94-4d56-8daf-25ae7bea2891
  4. I lost my 77 weekly streak because it didnt count my days to log in, what can i do?

in XBoX on Windows
    I lost my 77 weekly streak because it didnt count my days to log in, what can i do?: I was starting the app on wednesday, thursday, friday and monday and the count was still on 2/3 b2c08d18-8940-48f1-bf68-320845ad63c4
  5. 150 PC search on Xbox rewards not counting

in XBoX Games and Apps
    150 PC search on Xbox rewards not counting: This is been a problem since they switched methods and cut a Rewards how do I fix it? Or is there a way around it? 33e34fe5-e30d-4026-92ed-ecce4fa54b89
  6. Is any one having problems with achievements not working and therefore not counting towards...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is any one having problems with achievements not working and therefore not counting towards...: This problem has been on and off for a while now. But has not worked since Monday Australian time for either my account or my wife's account. Tried all the usual things such as hard reset etc and...
  7. Dungeon Defenders 2 Microsoft Certification Day 12 and counting

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dungeon Defenders 2 Microsoft Certification Day 12 and counting: How much longer is the Microsoft Certification for Dungeon Defenders 2 going to take? The update for all systems was October 24th, 12 days ago. Why is Playstation and Steam exponentially faster?...
  8. Does power surge count as physical damage to console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does power surge count as physical damage to console: Was installing a game until my made a popping sound and turned off, it will not turn on at all 391957ee-e124-45b0-a2c0-bdf8632a4e94
  9. Why are my Xbox strike counting twice?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why are my Xbox strike counting twice?: Got a voice suspension and it jumped from 2 strikes to 4 is this meant to happen? b3db71f2-da5e-4edd-8289-c5bb2f16efba
  10. Game Pass Achievement Unlocked. But not counted.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass Achievement Unlocked. But not counted.: Yesterday, I Played 'Dordogne' on Game Pass PC. I am using Windows 10 and I Unlocked all 31 Achievements. You can see that I unlocked all 31 achievements and there are no unlocked achievement....