What causes a disc eject button to malfunction?

Discus and support What causes a disc eject button to malfunction? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The reason i ask is because i’ve owned my xbox series x for 1 year and i noticed in rare instances when i press the disc eject button it wont work but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BenKhalis, May 10, 2022.

1. BenKhalis
    BenKhalis Guest

The reason i ask is because i’ve owned my xbox series x for 1 year and i noticed in rare instances when i press the disc eject button it wont work but if i press it again it works. I do constantly switch out discs so i just want to make sure i’m not causing damage.

:)

BenKhalis, May 10, 2022
  2. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, BenKhalis!

Thank you for your reply and the additional information.

Taking into account that this is only happening once in a while and the fact that you already made sure the eject button does work, it's very likely there were times in which you pressed this button at a weird angle, or maybe didn't press it all the way. In either case, this sounds like you have nothing to worry about.
  3. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, BenKhalis! thank you for reaching out.

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

I'm sorry you are having some issues with your console.

Switching discs is considered "Normal Use Conditions", as there is no mentioning or warning on either the Xbox Series X user manual or Xbox Support, indicating it shouldn't be done regularly. I highly doubt you are causing any damage to your console.

* I'd suggest doing a power cycle, in case this is power-related.

- Eject any disc that may be inside your console.

- Press and hold the console's power button until it turns off.

- Remove all external devices from your console's USB ports.

- Unplug your console's power cord for 3 minutes.

- Plug everything back together and check if the issues persist.

* You could also try doing a soft factory reset to refresh your system.

- To do this, go to Settings > System > Console info > Reset console > Keep games and apps.

Note: Resetting your console to its factory defaults erases all accounts, saved games, settings, and home Xbox associations. Anything not synchronized with Xbox Live will be lost. If your console has been constantly connected to the internet and Xbox Live services, your saved data should be backed up on the cloud.

/////////

* If these don't work, then my best advice would be to submit a service request for your console, as this could be hardware-related.

• If you want to check your warranty status and/or issue a service order, click on the next link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/devices

Once your console is registered, click on "See details" and start a service order from the "Device coverage" section.

Note: Even if your console is no longer under warranty, you could still issue a repair order from Microsoft but it would have a cost. Out-of-warranty costs can be found at: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

I hope this helps!
  4. BenKhalis Win User

Hi, so the issue happens once in awhile so im assuming maybe i didnt push the button all the way as what i just did was take the disc out and pressed the button ten times and each time it made the sound telling me no disc was inside.
  5. strykerzr350 Win User

My disc tray won't open; have tried many things...

Seems like to me the disc tray is stuck or the button has malfunctioned. There is a way to eject the tray in case you get a disc stuck in the system. Here is the links below on how to do it.

support.xbox.com/.../manually-eject-disc

Xbox 360 S manual disc tray ejection method.

support.xbox.com/.../manually-eject-disc

Original Xbox 360 manual disc tray ejection method

-

I do hope this works for you friend.
  6. Miss Portia Win User

Urgent help, please!

This may be caused by dirt or grease on the touch-sensitive Power or Disc Eject buttons. It may also be caused by curious pets. If the buttons are clean and no pets are around at the time this happens, then the console is in need of repair. Since it's so
    new, we would recommend what Zen Like Calm suggested, which is contact your retailer for information on an exchange.
Thema:

1. What causes a disc eject button to malfunction? - Similar Threads - causes disc eject

2. New update cause what’s happing to take up my whole screen.

in XBoX on Windows
    New update cause what’s happing to take up my whole screen.: When you go to the friends tab now, you’re greeted with a screen that says what’s happening and takes up your entire screen. It’s not optional and you’re forced into it. Whoever Xbox decided this...
  3. Using xbox 360 vertically causes damage to hard disk and game disk?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using xbox 360 vertically causes damage to hard disk and game disk?: Is it true that using xbox 360 vertically causes damage to your game disk and hard disk? I heard it around, so maybe this console was not "ready" to work good vertically. I just bought the support...
  4. Space Engineers multiplayer session on xCloud causes game to crush - Asking for help.

in XboX Insiders
    Space Engineers multiplayer session on xCloud causes game to crush - Asking for help.: Hello, I am experiencing a problem running the Space Engineers game on xCloud under certain conditions. Currently, the issue arises only when I am joining a multiplayer session hosted by a...
  5. Yakuza 0 crashing and causing WiFi to stop working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Yakuza 0 crashing and causing WiFi to stop working: Hey, Just want to express an issue my brother is having with his computer while playing Yakuza 0 on pc game pass to see if anyone knows a way to help or give me a route I haven't taken so far to...
  6. Xbox One S Console Causes All Controllers To Not Work Properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Console Causes All Controllers To Not Work Properly: When you press the analogue sticks or Dpad on any controller it does the correct movement however it is then repeated in the opposite direction immediately after. I have tested multiple...
  7. I don't know what is causing random lag on my PC when gaming.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I don't know what is causing random lag on my PC when gaming.: Since mid January I have been having a problem with my internet connection while gaming or watching videos. It is only happening to my PC and there is absolutely no issues on other devices...
  8. Persona 3 Reload - Missing DLC Causing Save File to be Inaccessable

in XboX Insiders
    Persona 3 Reload - Missing DLC Causing Save File to be Inaccessable: I had pre-purchased the Xbox digital copy of the game, so I knew that the P4G BGM DLC was part of my purchase. When I cannot play on my PC, I opt to use the Cloud gaming feature. I have found...
  9. Xbox series X slowing (only caused by warframe)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X slowing (only caused by warframe): Hello everyone, I’m faced with a dilemma I have been trying to solve for over 2 months now! I’m on an Xbox series X as stated in the title, and a very avid gamer, I am hardwired and I’ve already...
  10. After restarting my xbox because of an issue causing the tray not to read discs, the...

in XBoX on Windows
    After restarting my xbox because of an issue causing the tray not to read discs, the...: Good afternoon, today my Xbox One (original) decided to randomly stop reading the disc in my disc tray. I checked the disc and it was perfectly fine. After putting the disc back into the tray, the...