What can I do to fix it my microphone problem?

Discus and support What can I do to fix it my microphone problem? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; When I go to use my mic through the Xbox party on my pc it sounds terrible but then I go to any other website or game chat, and it sounds really clear.... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Pleased.. ., Feb 5, 2023.

1. Pleased.. .
    Pleased.. . Guest

When I go to use my mic through the Xbox party on my pc it sounds terrible but then I go to any other website or game chat, and it sounds really clear. I've tried the input (microphone) output (headset) and it still doesn't work. I've also messed with settings, and it hasn't changed anything.

:)

Pleased.. ., Feb 5, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here. No worries, we will do our best now to get this sorted out.

When did this issue start to occur? Has it been like this since then?

Let's try the steps below.

Right-click the speaker icon in the bottom-right of the Task bar then click on "Sounds".
    Switch to the "Recording" tab and then double-click your microphone.
    Go to Advanced tab > Open Default format drop-down and select the highest sample rate. Click Yes on warning.
  3. Viperstormz Win User

just wondering

Hello UKZz Skyfall,

I Can see you're problem and I will try my best to answer it!

As far as I can see Tweaking or Attempting fix with a Microphone Will not void the warranty if it a stock, The Controller on the other hand I am not so sure since it is partnered with the console. So I can investigate Further, Could you explain what the
    problems are with the Microphone and the Controller? It will be much appreciated!

Thanks,

4. Silence42 Win User

kinect mic not found

I had a similar problem with the microphone that came with my xbox one. I would rarely get my microphone to work. I bought a new headset and this fixed the problem. If your using the original headset there is a chance it has gone bad. If you can borrow
    a headset from someone and try it that might help troubleshoot your problem.
  5. KaidenChong Win User

Game chat

What can I do if game doesn’t register my microphone in or on?
  6. Hoskayra Win User

I have Mic monitoring turned off, but I can still hear myself on party chat

Hello NatisuNeDraek, my name is Oskayra I am an independent advisor and player like you I hope I can help solve your problem today

If you have microphone monitoring disabled and can still hear yourself in the group chat, there may be an issue with your audio settings. Here are some steps you can try to fix the problem:

1. Check your microphone settings. Make sure your microphone is set up correctly. To do this, open the Settings app and select "Sound." Next, select "Input" and make sure your microphone is selected as the default input device.

2. Check your group chat settings. Make sure microphone monitoring is turned off in your group chat settings. To do this, open the Chat app and select the group chat you are using. Next, select “More options” and then select “Chat settings.” In the "Microphone" section, make sure "Monitor microphone" is unchecked.

3. Restart your computer. Sometimes a simple restart can fix minor problems.

4. Update your microphone drivers. Your microphone drivers may be outdated, which can cause problems. To update your microphone drivers, open Device Manager. Then, expand the "Audio, video and gaming devices" category. Right-click your microphone and select "Update Driver."

If you've tried all of these steps and are still having problems, you may have an issue with your microphone hardware. In this case, you will need to contact your microphone manufacturer for help.

Through the following link that I will provide you you will be able to see more detailed information regarding the solutions that I gave you in case you want to be sure that my information is correct, keep in mind that I specified the information to help you in a more personalized way with your problem.

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/accessories/troubleshoot-chat-headset

Best Regards, Oskayra
Thema:

1. What can I do to fix it my microphone problem? - Similar Threads - fix microphone problem

2. Can't add a payment method fix

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't add a payment method fix: At first you need to change your country/region to Germany. And you need to type this address while adding a payment method: Address Line 1: Boylstoin St. Postal code: 01605 City: Worcester...
  3. Xbox series s showing invalid firnwtbon lg tv - is there a fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s showing invalid firnwtbon lg tv - is there a fix?: My xbox series s used to work on my lg tv but ive been away and have reconnected it and now get an invalid format message on my tv - is there a fix fir this? Any help greatly appreciated...
  4. how to fix xbox party not working

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    how to fix xbox party not working: "Background apps permission for Xbox are turned off others may not be able to hear you" i keep getting this message when i try to start or join a party. I can hear the party but they can't hear...
  5. Im desperate to know how to fix code 43 on device manager (display adapter)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im desperate to know how to fix code 43 on device manager (display adapter): [img] I uninstall reinstall ,update a lot from cmd and from settings, I looked at device manager so I unabled and reinabled, I cant roll back because this was my first one it might be directx or...
  6. How do I fix my NAT type to open on my Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my NAT type to open on my Xbox series X?: Just having trouble fixing my NAT type. 2614125e-f0eb-49fd-9bac-270a7cb428ba
  7. How to fix joystick sensitivity?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix joystick sensitivity?: I play on laptop and I have wired controllers. For the past 2 years at least I have been unable to play my favourite game Minecraft because the update severely messed up the joystick sensitivity....
  8. Error code on Xbox one: 0x800701c4. How do I fix it

in XBoX Accessibility
    Error code on Xbox one: 0x800701c4. How do I fix it: Error code on Xbox one: 0x800701c4. How do I fix it a373a5aa-3c70-444c-bc71-383a9b2174b6
  9. YouTube keeps restarting my Xbox series s. How can I fix this?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    YouTube keeps restarting my Xbox series s. How can I fix this?: So about 3-4 days ago I came home and turned on my Xbox and went to YouTube. A few seconds after just launching the app, my Xbox shut down. I tried it a few times, soft reset my Xbox, and...
  10. how to fix teredo error "Client on managed network"

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to fix teredo error "Client on managed network": My friend and I are trying to play astroneer for the last week, but we found tons of problems with toredo in Windows 11, and now we are stuck with this error "Client on managed network". To be...