What can I do if I want to change my physical video games (discs) to digital?

Discus and support What can I do if I want to change my physical video games (discs) to digital? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I need to know what to do with them, or if I can resell them somewhere specific or be able to change them to digital.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Raúl Davila, May 21, 2023.

1. Raúl Davila
    Raúl Davila Guest

I need to know what to do with them, or if I can resell them somewhere specific or be able to change them to digital.

:)

Raúl Davila, May 21, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

Hi! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Unfortunately there is no way to do that. You can not exchange a physical disc for a digital license.

There is currently no official site to sell physical games.
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

you can sell them to a game shop or privately sell them and put that money towards purchasing the digital versions.
  4. tohellnbak Win User

How Microsoft should handle Xbox One's DRM policy

cant do it by option per disc.. would need to be 2 different medias... one being physical one being digital.. just totally eliminate any online sharing what so ever with disc based games... this will force people that want to share from the cloud purchase
    digital games... and ones that buy disc.s, well nothing will change for them... they can still carry the disc to a friends, trade in at gamestop, etc
  5. BlindandCynical Win User

Deciding to go all digital. have a few questions.

Games that i know i will never trade in or sell to a friend i buy digital. Games that im usure about or that i want to be able to trade/sell i buy physical.

My Digital Collection:

Forza 5

Titanfall

Destiny

PVZ:garden warfare

Physical:

Ryze

COD:Ghosts

Watch Dogs

All of the physical games i've bought i might as well have bought digital, I've done nothing with them, the discs are pointless. Just an annoyance of having to deal with them. Honestly i would play all 3 of them more but when I'm like HMM what do i want
    to play. Ill just load up a game i own digitally rather then find my Ryze or Watch Dogs disc.

Upcoming games:

Halo: MCC - Digital (maybe both cuz i want that lic. plate cover :p)

Sunset Overdrive - Physical

AC: Unity - Physical

Evolve - Digital

All you anti-digital people need to take off your tin-foil hats.
  6. HairyLoveSpuds Win User

partition for xbox one?

I think you will be suprised at the amount of single player games there will be, for starters a lot of xbla games will be pre-dominately sp, with mp tacked on. And some seriously big games.

-

I could list a lot of mp games that have little or no server actiln anymore, and EA is a classic for that, especially their sports games, closing servers down, as soon as the next years release is out.

-

Changing your physical disc into a form of digital media (i.e. upload it to the cloud), makes your disc null and void and basically a blank disc, unless MS tell you where, when and to who you can sell it, and that is a seperate conversation, embodied in
    others threads, but to suffice to say, it is my, yours, and everyone elses right under law, to sell that physical disc, in the condition you purchased it in, without the copyright holders permission. That is the point. If people want a digital game, then buy
    digital, they have already stated all games will be available on release day. But people want the price of physical, but the benefits of digital, and as far as i can see, physical benefits outweigh digital benefits.
Thema:

1. What can I do if I want to change my physical video games (discs) to digital? - Similar Threads - change physical video

2. Home Xbox questions regarding changes.

in XboX Insiders
    Home Xbox questions regarding changes.: Hi all, I have an Xbox series S at my flat (which is currently my home Xbox) and my old Xbox one at my partners place. When I made her an account on my old Xbox it wouldn’t let me play any of the...
  3. isn't it possible to change colors of my keyboard bc of my laptop version?

in XBoX Accessibility
    isn't it possible to change colors of my keyboard bc of my laptop version?: on my asus tuf dash F15 FX517zc laptop i couldn't choose colors for my keyboard bc there isn't any color in it and i couldn't connet my aura creator to it. isn't it possible to change colors of my...
  4. How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?: I no longer have an Xbox console. It was damaged when my basement flooded. I have been trying to play Ark: Survival Ascended and noticed that the Xbox app version for PC filters letters, making it...
  5. can i bypass the security info change as i recently installed a new cpu and it corrupted my pin

in XBoX on Windows
    can i bypass the security info change as i recently installed a new cpu and it corrupted my pin: i recently installed a new cpu and had to change my info now i have to wait a month is there a quick fix? 9357e2ba-5488-4496-b3e2-20e2a6446de1
  6. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  7. changing the wheel or button mapping

in XBoX on Consoles
    changing the wheel or button mapping: I am having issues with my stealth 700 gen 2 headset I can get it to synce fine to both the my series x and my phone but I can not control any volume or 230c3222-84a1-4134-bd89-e766cd4425c2
  8. Xbox home screen (Default) Change idea 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox home screen (Default) Change idea 2024: When it says who's playing today? if its dark outside wouldn't it be better to say who is playing tonight? because if you think about it at night time people might know its today but it sounds...
  9. Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?: Curious as to why my HDR has seemed to just quit out of nowhere. When starting up any game, the screen washes out and becomes overly dim. Nothing in my TV settings or series x settings has...
  10. my xbox series x starts in 480 × 640 resolution and there is no option to change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox series x starts in 480 × 640 resolution and there is no option to change it: So my xbox series x starts in 480 × 640 resolution and there is no option to change it out of this resolution only started happening after recent system update I haven't changed anything same tv...