What can I do about a threat on Xbox live?

Discus and support What can I do about a threat on Xbox live? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I’m just wondering if there’s anybody that has advice on what to do if somebody says online that they can take down your home network, I’m scared that... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by LUCI URIEL, Mar 19, 2023.

1. LUCI URIEL
    LUCI URIEL Guest

I’m just wondering if there’s anybody that has advice on what to do if somebody says online that they can take down your home network, I’m scared that I’ll lose it because we struggle to pay for it and it’s the only way for me to do my school work. I feel like it’s a threat to my safety when he also goes to the point of saying it’s somebody from the CIA and that multiple people have fallen victim to it. I’m just trying to make sure nobody falls victim to this so if anybody has answers please tell me.

:)

LUCI URIEL, Mar 19, 2023
  2. Daft Badger Win User

Don't worry about it.

The worst they can do is boot you offline via a ddos attack.There's a FAQ about how to deal with this here https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/help/Hardware-Network/connect-network/dos-attacks-faq

The majority of the time the type of people who make these threats never do anything & if this person has threatened to do this via a message on xbox live then report the message & then block them,that way the enforcement team can deal with them.

As for the CIA part,they're talking rubbish.
  3. Rostom L Win User

Hi LUCI!

I am sorry to hear about that. Let's see what we can do about that here.

First, I recommend that you report the player who messaged you that to the Xbox Enforcement team. Simply click on his profile on Xbox and choose to report it.

To prevent the network attack, you may directly contact your Internet Service Provider or ISP for additional security on your network.

Please visit the link below for more information on how to prevent it from happening and what actions to take when you're being attacked.

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/....
  4. OK Fowl Win User

What to do about this message threat?

Use the steps here:
    http://xbx.lv/1TYKjXt
    to report the user on Xbox that is the best way to let the Enforcement Team know about them.
  5. Smwutches Win User

What to do about this message threat?

If you haven't done so already, you would need to file a complaint on them via the console in order for the enforcement team to investigate them. You'll also want to block communications with them.
  6. DanielSpaniel99 Win User

Xbox one offline booter

I wouldn't about people like this posting empty threats, report and block is the easiest way forward

If he has sent this in an xbox live chat then he clearly doesn't know what he is doing as he will be banned!
Thema:

1. What can I do about a threat on Xbox live? - Similar Threads - threat live

2. What is with these threats from Microsoft

in XBoX Accessibility
    What is with these threats from Microsoft: Based on your question, “Stop changing things and threating me to take action. Your pissing me off. We can raise our own kids how we want. How about make it available and say hey we did xjfjfjrje...
  3. [mod removed] is d#xxing me and threating to boot me IVE TREID CONTACTING XBOX AND...

in XBoX Accessibility
    [mod removed] is d#xxing me and threating to boot me IVE TREID CONTACTING XBOX AND...: A guy by the name of [mod removed] is threating to kill/hurt me hes pulled my ip my address my state and other things he has also threatened to dox me online to millions he has also got my router...
  4. How do I report a DDOS or Boot threat on my xbox account if every time I report through the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I report a DDOS or Boot threat on my xbox account if every time I report through the...: I got a threat from a random account that I played 2k23 with saying he will boot me offline then kept texting me nonstop harassing me I didn't block until 20 mins later because I was trying to...
  5. I deleted my player on nba 2k24 on accident 6'7 playmaking perimeter threat

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I deleted my player on nba 2k24 on accident 6'7 playmaking perimeter threat: I deleted my player on nba 2k24 on accident 6'7 playmaking perimeter threat f8bdfcb8-f814-4bed-a50f-5a1a0ed0bc13
  6. Can I delete a past threat so I can post about it again?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I delete a past threat so I can post about it again?: I have a thread that I wrote in the past and I want to delete it so I can post again about it since I have more to say about it. bdb1cdfd-3ac1-4fa6-94c6-46d39fb4ef32
  7. Banned From Xbox Live Comms After Death Threat To My Family

in XBoX Accessibility
    Banned From Xbox Live Comms After Death Threat To My Family: Hello fellow gamers, So - about a week ago a player (MK#9810 - I believe) played a few rounds of raids with me in Breakpoint. He was kicked from the party and game because he didn't speak the...
  8. Xbox Live Threat

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Live Threat: Earlier today i was threatened by GT xXPROxSNIPEZxX1 that he was going to “boot me offline” claiming he can get me kicked off of xbox live for several days at a time.. This person also told me...
  9. Threat from someone on Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Threat from someone on Xbox Live: [View:http://i.imgur.com/RKpaj5q.png:550:0] This is someone on Xbox live threatening me on Xbox Live. Just wanted to get it attention before something happened I edited name out to keep it...
  10. Received death threat from another person on xbox live, would like to speak to admin please?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Received death threat from another person on xbox live, would like to speak to admin please?: Hello, I never normally would complain about these things, but i was told to **** today for not being able to beat some one on halo 3 which i haven't played in about a year. I take these things...