What are you doing? Why is there so much data usage while on idle?

Discus and support What are you doing? Why is there so much data usage while on idle? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Series X. Under the Alpha ring. I have "power saving" mode on (should be a full shutdown) Console and game updates off. Remote features off. Captures... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/VizricK, Jan 25, 2023.

1. /u/VizricK
    /u/VizricK Guest

Series X. Under the Alpha ring.

I have "power saving" mode on (should be a full shutdown) Console and game updates off. Remote features off. Captures never auto upload. (Usually do my firmware updates manually on boot.)

I turn the Xbox on and go to the network settings. 16gb of data usage in the last hour. (And it always happening; 20gb here, another 5gb there. Same goes for just booting the console up i am downloading 500mb of ads every 30min. I have a small friends list so how much info am I really receiving from them) One would think in your venture in going "green" it wouldn't be pushed onto the customer. If I go on my router and start trying to log/sniff the time and connections being established. Connect my Xbox to a meter what would it show me.

PG&E bill is not getting cheaper. And xfinity has a monthly data cap.

What is going on? You farming, using consoles as slaves. What is Microsoft doing? Are data usage/logs really weigh that much? Never seen that to be the case.

submitted by /u/VizricK
    [link] [comments]

/u/VizricK, Jan 25, 2023
  2. taidara Win User

Hotspot data usage

Maybe you could give us an hint of how much mobile data usage you can access on a monthly basis, before your usage is being capped/shaped/downgraded?

How much mobile data usage do you normally have on a monthly basis (hotspot/sharing excluded)?
  3. Mister Mascot Win User

Xbox One Idle Data Usage

Hey there Asialsky,

It's hard to really speculate on what's causing the data really. It could be anything from the adverts to your friends list status or the activity feed. What we'd suggest though, is if you're not using the console offline and are on a bandwidth budget. Using
    the console in
    Offline Mode
    could greatly help keep things in check. Hope that helps!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
  4. DukesPaw77 Win User

Xb1 data usage has increased while idle on single player games, why?

so, maybe I have not been hard resetting my console properly. I've been pulling the power cord from the brick and not at the rear of the console. Or they fixed it as its back to normal now. I've played DMC while online today for over an hour while going
    from 13 - 15 megabytes. Where as before it was using almost 3MB a minute. Thanks
  5. xxMH SOLOJONxx Win User

1st 250 Gig Data Limit Reached Notice From ISP

6. Dangerboy4020 Win User

How much data do you think you use, d/l each month?

@fullhornet why do you care so much if you have unlimited data?
Thema:

1. What are you doing? Why is there so much data usage while on idle? - Similar Threads - are doing Why

2. Why is my xbox seris x doing this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox seris x doing this: I was just playing a a game and i decided that i would play a disc game so i insert it and then it doesn't work so i tried a different disc then it didn't work so i restarted it and then it works...
  3. Why do i keep getting banned?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why do i keep getting banned?: Im putting ups lfg for fallout 76 trying to sell items from my in game vendors, and i keep getting banned for it, why? What is going on with yalls moderation. Ive been banned for 2 days on 3...
  4. Why I'd 3 quarters of my xbox screen glitched and how do I fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why I'd 3 quarters of my xbox screen glitched and how do I fix it: The top right quarter is all stretched out and the bottom half is just black and I don't know how to fix it 8ea5438a-22de-48c2-bd86-8ffd13470b49
  5. . My question is why did you guys do thaT

in XBoX on Consoles
    . My question is why did you guys do thaT: Hey i have a gamesir g7 se and previously we were able to use 1000hz report rate with the gamesir nexus app but they said you guys updated your licence conditions which only allow 4ms or 250 hz...
  6. Why does my series x do this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x do this: since i got my series x whenever i turn it on and on the home screen it says connect to the xbox network after 10 to 30 seconds it connects by itself. Is this normal?...
  7. Why do I keep getting disconnected from forza horizon 5 servers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I keep getting disconnected from forza horizon 5 servers: For the past three days I have been constantly being disconnected from Forza horizon five servers with a message that says you have been disconnected from the server. Please try again later for...
  8. Why do i recive all these lag issues only in online games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i recive all these lag issues only in online games?: I recently purchased a TP-Link Wi-Fi adapter and installed it correctly on my system. However, I am experiencing consistent packet loss and high latency issues while playing games. What's...
  9. Why is my xbox not detecting my usb after trying to do 3 offline updates

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox not detecting my usb after trying to do 3 offline updates: recently my xbox one x hard drive has failed, i have purchased a new one, i formatted the new hdd and plugged it into the console, i made a usb, formatted to ntfs, installed osu1, i tried doing...
  10. Why do you allow people to get banned so easily for posting on lfg?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why do you allow people to get banned so easily for posting on lfg?: Why do you allow people to get banned so easily for posting on lfg? I've got a cheater banned and this person has come back and reported me twice, resulting in two enforcement. I used the lfg for...