What app can I use for windows media center

Discus and support What app can I use for windows media center in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; What app took place of windows media center. 05668c47-61fb-414f-b301-90433d0a696c Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by brocke langley, May 16, 2023.

1. What app can I use for windows media center

What app took place of windows media center.

:)

brocke langley, May 16, 2023
  2. ngocphi Win User

Nothing as the protocols needed weren't too user.friendly

Miracast or dlna even wifi direct are.better media player or vlc work.much better for that stuff and you didn't have to play with router settings and you weren't locked to an ecosystem

Windows media player was limited with codecs unless you got third party programs but media Center still had limits on codecs

With miracast or dlna you only limited by your mediaplayer (vlc is available on Xbox)

I set up media Center in mins back in the day
  3. Tgeekster Win User

Xbox SmartGlass help!!

4. GMAN990 Win User

Vipre Firewall blocking Xbox from streaming music

5. Mister Ohnaka Win User

Windows Media Center issues

Hiya Dragon,

Sorry to hear your having troubles streaming your content. Let's see if we can get this working for you.

First off, what version of Windows are you running?

Let us know, and in the meantime, our
    Windows Media Center on Xbox 360
    support article has all the guides on setting that up.
  6. xbox360italy Win User

issues with W.Media Player

Thema:

1. What app can I use for windows media center - Similar Threads - app windows media

2. Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...: I had an old installation of windows on this computer. I recently reinstalled windows. The folders on the old drive have some permissions issue. I have my new windows setup and working find on...
  3. Need help with xbox app on Windows

in XboX Insiders
    Need help with xbox app on Windows: For the last 2 weeks I been trying to use the xbox app on pc and no matter what I do my headset doesn't work in parties. My mic isn't muted in anyway because it shows it working in the test area....
  4. Launching Steam games mutes ALL audio from all apps/windows/etc.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Launching Steam games mutes ALL audio from all apps/windows/etc.: This only happens with Steam games. I launches a different game through the Ubisoft launcher and had no audio issues. Whenever I launch ANY of my Steam games, audio from ALL sources completely...
  5. xbox accessories app for pc wont launch "windows os update required"

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox accessories app for pc wont launch "windows os update required": Xbox accessories app on my pc wont launch. It tells me: "windows os update required to usew this app, first get the latest version of windows" The problem is that I already have the latest version...
  6. Xbox accessories app no longer opening up windows 11 pro. Worked fine till today

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox accessories app no longer opening up windows 11 pro. Worked fine till today: As in title, tried uninstalling, reinstalling, clicking on repair etc , nothing, royal pain this is. Just does not boot up when clicked on f4c1b286-3e6d-4d23-babd-4a9ae7cb69a0
  7. I'm unable to open the Xbox app on Windows 11. I get error 0x80070005. This is after a...

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm unable to open the Xbox app on Windows 11. I get error 0x80070005. This is after a...: I'm unable to open the Xbox app on Windows 11. I get error 0x80070005. This is after a fresh install of Windows 11. I was getting the error before reinstalling Windows 11 as well. I have...
  8. Windows media player issues or flaws and accessories app issues Xbox system feature missing.

in XboX Insiders
    Windows media player issues or flaws and accessories app issues Xbox system feature missing.: It has no media server access, and it has an unfriendly UI when navigating through a large library of music. Also it's impossible to transfer from PC to internal storage. It reads metadata...
  9. Windows Media Player on Xbox Series X crashes after switching to another app

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Media Player on Xbox Series X crashes after switching to another app: If I'm playing a song on windows media player, and I switch to another app, the song plays in the background for around 4 seconds before stopping and the app crashes entirely....
  10. does downloading the DTS Unbound app onto Xbox 1 s enable the Windows Media Player to play...

in XBoX Accessibility
    does downloading the DTS Unbound app onto Xbox 1 s enable the Windows Media Player to play...: does downloading the DTS Unbound app onto Xbox 1 s enable the Windows Media Player to play and control a DTS CD? 20c201d9-9ca9-4fd5-9f6c-2478fff8516b