what about digital downloads of our favourite 360 games

Discus and support what about digital downloads of our favourite 360 games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; like they do on the xbox 360 arcade games surely if they can get them running on the old 360 they can do it with the next gen one xbox games running... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by OmittedCracker7, Jan 3, 2014.

1. what about digital downloads of our favourite 360 games

like they do on the xbox 360 arcade games

surely if they can get them running on the old 360

they can do it with the next gen one

xbox games running on xbox 360 console

xbox 360 games running on the xbox one

yes its possible.. quite easily

i would luv to be able to play

black ops 2 cod4..grid 2 etc etc on my one

maybe a £20 price on each game or less

come on ms get off you backsides and do this

:)

OmittedCracker7, Jan 3, 2014
  2. Auswulf
    Auswulf Guest
    The many benefits of BC on the XB1

A lot of Xbox 360 best sellers will probably make the list. I am hoping some of my old digital games make the list. If any favourite games that I had originally as retail I may buy the digital versions what about digital downloads of our favourite 360 games :)

Auswulf, Jan 3, 2014
  3. GIBSARNO
    GIBSARNO Guest
    Games with gold xbox one

What is the point of this? We pay good money for xboxlive and paid out for Microsofts latest console and for what? To get cheap crap games each month, while the console we all sold off gets good games. Isn't it about time Microsoft brought a 360 emulator
    to the xbone so we can play all our old favourites?

GIBSARNO, Jan 3, 2014
  4. what about digital downloads of our favourite 360 games

PS3 did this with all their old PS1 and PS2 games. Maybe it could be possible I myself would just turn on my 360 to play my old games.

PUDDIN DAGGER, Jan 3, 2014
  5. it would create more sales for ms knowing people cud play their faves on the one

OmittedCracker7, Jan 3, 2014
  6. Shaggy2000
    Shaggy2000 Guest
    But the architecture of the Xbox 360 and Xbox One are totally different, it's like asking someone to make a game made for a PS4 work on an Xbox One (infact you have more chances as they are both the same architecture)

-

Basically it will take a lot of work for not a lot of return, because there are only two ways too do it. Either Microsoft emulates the Xbox 360 (we all know how well that worked on the Xbox 360) or the developers have to recode their games, and they aren't
    going to do that.

-

Best you can hope for would be "HD" versions of old games like we currently get on the 360.

Shaggy2000, Jan 3, 2014
  7. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest
    This thread is completely original, and look forward to all of the thoughts that will be shared.

x24hrs2livex, Jan 3, 2014
  8. DuFFuL
    DuFFuL Guest

I hate these threads but I just have to ask. Why the hell would I want to pay for "old" games I've already played?

DuFFuL, Jan 3, 2014
  9. ohhhh so you dont like to go back to your old classics once in a while

OmittedCracker7, Jan 4, 2014
  10. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    [quote user="OmittedCracker7"]ohhhh so you dont like to go back to your old classics once in a while[/quote]Occasionally. That's why I keep my old consoles...

If you want a platform with no "end", buy a PC.

IceStorm III, Jan 4, 2014
  11. I think things like this are always a nice idea but there's a lot of technical and financial difficulties that make it so hard. The architecture of games is constantly changing and developing which makes it increasingly harder to do as time goes on and until
    they have solid proof that people will use them instead of firing up the old consoles, it won't be worth the financial risk.

-

I agree that it's nice to play old games but I still have my Xbox 360 and I still have all my favourite games for it too. I know I'm not alone in this so that's already half the market disappearing in the early thoughts of it. If I remember rightly, the
    original 60GB PS3 had backwards compatibility and it had to be scrapped very quickly purely due to the monumental costs of the emulators and the fact that they were taking a huge loss from that alone.

-

Sure you can use the Wii U as an example but from what I'm told, the consoles are practically the same when it comes to architecture and the newer console essentially just has a few new features and a much higher internal spec. When you look at the Xbox
    360 and Xbox One, things are constantly advancing to keep games looking as good as they play, hence the complications.

-

Long story short, it costs way too much to do it and too many people keep their old consoles. I wouldn't completely rule it out for some games though as there will be a few games that will be very easy to move over and MS love taking a bit of cash for as
    little work as possible.

Dynamic Sausage, Oct 31, 2018
  12. PUDDIN DAGGER Win User

PS3 did this with all their old PS1 and PS2 games. Maybe it could be possible I myself would just turn on my 360 to play my old games.
  13. Shaggy2000 Win User

But the architecture of the Xbox 360 and Xbox One are totally different, it's like asking someone to make a game made for a PS4 work on an Xbox One (infact you have more chances as they are both the same architecture)

-

Basically it will take a lot of work for not a lot of return, because there are only two ways too do it. Either Microsoft emulates the Xbox 360 (we all know how well that worked on the Xbox 360) or the developers have to recode their games, and they aren't
    going to do that.

-

Best you can hope for would be "HD" versions of old games like we currently get on the 360.
  14. IceStorm III Win User

[quote user="OmittedCracker7"]ohhhh so you dont like to go back to your old classics once in a while[/quote]Occasionally. That's why I keep my old consoles...

If you want a platform with no "end", buy a PC.
  15. OmittedCracker7 Win User

ohhhh so you dont like to go back to your old classics once in a while
  16. DuFFuL Win User

I hate these threads but I just have to ask. Why the hell would I want to pay for "old" games I've already played?
Thema:

1. what about digital downloads of our favourite 360 games - Similar Threads - digital downloads favourite

2. How come skate 2 is not available for EA play or just digital download?

in XboX Insiders
    How come skate 2 is not available for EA play or just digital download?: I have 1 and 3 just not 2 and I grew up with the second skate game. submitted by /u/Tiabetianquailudes [link] [comments]
  3. I have asked for a refund for a digital download. I never received. Please advise.

in XBoX on Windows
    I have asked for a refund for a digital download. I never received. Please advise.: I have asked for A Refund 4 digital download that I have never received. I have went through the proper channels. Still have not received my refund. Please advise. LouderRefund 4 digital download...
  4. Why is my Dragon Ball xenoverse not downloading - I have a digital and disc copy -

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my Dragon Ball xenoverse not downloading - I have a digital and disc copy -: Why is my Dragon Ball xenoverse not downloading - I have a digital and disc copy - disc doesn’t want to finish downloading so I bough 1 in the Xbox store and does exactly the same thing stops at...
  5. Please add "The Warriors" XBox game by Rockstar games for digital download on the Microsoft...

in XboX Insiders
    Please add "The Warriors" XBox game by Rockstar games for digital download on the Microsoft...: Hello, I'd like to request to please add "The Warriors" XBox game by Rockstar games for digital download on the Microsoft Store. This game is a classic! & I'm sure XBox fanatics would go crazy...
  6. I entered a digital code on my pc to redeem the game but unable to download it on Xboxone...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I entered a digital code on my pc to redeem the game but unable to download it on Xboxone...: I purchased a digital code for Halo Infinity xbox from Ebay and entered a digital code on my pc to redeem the game under my Microsoft account. and my purchase history shows the code has been...
  7. Can I download my digital games on another console?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I download my digital games on another console?: I have xbox series s. Can I download my games to a separate console? fca4f4c0-19f6-4535-ba09-7b86e2d4b6ff
  8. received the content. I brought it though xbox store I have the digital download any ideas ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    received the content. I brought it though xbox store I have the digital download any ideas ?: I recently brought cod mwIII vault upgrade but I haven't recipe the content. I brought it though xbox store I own the digital game any ideas on how to get my stuff I paid for ??...
  9. Unable to MSFS digital ownership version in order history, can't re-download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to MSFS digital ownership version in order history, can't re-download: I purchased MSFS in DEC of 2022 and installed and played it for several months. I deleted it to clear up space. When I went to go back and install it from XBOX, I couldn't find my purchase. I...
  10. I have Xbox one S all digital edition and it will not let me download Gotham Knight, and it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have Xbox one S all digital edition and it will not let me download Gotham Knight, and it...: wont let me install Gotham Knights c5575187-aaa0-43da-8faa-ed63fc2bf124