We’ve updated gamertags to help you more easily get a name you want in your language. What...

Discus and support We’ve updated gamertags to help you more easily get a name you want in your language. What... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; All players should be able to express themselves proudly in their native language. We’re making a change to empower players around the world with more... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Xbox-Insider, Jun 14, 2019.

1. We’ve updated gamertags to help you more easily get a name you want in your language. What...

All players should be able to express themselves proudly in their native language. We’re making a change to empower players around the world with more choice in how they represent themselves. We are updating gamertags to a 12-character maximum, Unicode-based name of your choice with an auto-generated suffix. We now offer 11 different alphabets for gamers, which support over 200 languages worldwide.

Existing gamertags will remain unchanged with no suffix and no action required unless the player wants to make a change.

New Xbox players, or players who want to change, can register a gamertag of their choice up to 12 characters. If it’s already taken by someone else, we will assign a suffix with numbers to differentiate you from other people with the same name. Where it’s displayed, we will also auto-format the gamertag to show the suffix in a more subtle, different font so that focus will be on the name you chose when the suffix is shown.

We’d like your feedback on the expanded features and anything you’d still like to see changed with Xbox gamertags, and here’s some notes to keep in mind as part of the discussion:

• Please read this FAQ for more details of the gamertag changes we’re making.
    • No one can claim your existing gamertag, you will continue to show in the same way that you do now going forward.
    • Updated gamertags are not available on the Xbox One console yet, but will be before the end of this year, they will show up first in the new Xbox PC app and in Game Bar on Windows 10 PCs (Win+G).
    • It will take time for games to start support the gamertag changes, a few games might support updated gamertags this year, but most games won’t support them until sometime in 2020.
    • We won’t be exceeding the 12 character limit, though gamertags can be shorter.
    • The updates to gamertags won’t allow users to change their gamertag constantly to avoid being found, users get a free change but after that they must still pay to change their gamertag.
    • We’re open to more ideas and would love to hear your feedback about this new change. Please let us know of anything you’d like to see that’s not part of today’s gamertag updates!

We can’t promise to deliver on all of the good ideas you may have, but your input is invaluable to help us to find new scenarios and prioritize what we work on. So tell us what you think, and share your ideas for changes you’d like to see in the future!

Have other ideas you want to share with Xbox? Visit the Xbox Idea Hub and Xbox Requests to share your voice.

submitted by /u/Xbox-Insider
    [link] [comments]

/u/Xbox-Insider, Jun 14, 2019
  2. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

15 Character Gamertag

Today more one user can have the same gamertag, for that the #0000 in front of gamertag like the Nick name of Discord For exemple. Because this, the gamertag is limited today for 15 character I tink
    Partially true. Gamertags can have up to 12 (or 13) characters, if they choose one that's already taken, then they will be assigned a suffix.

"We’ve updated new Xbox gamertags to support a 12-character max, Unicode-based name of your choice, with an auto-generated suffix if the gamertag is shared. We now offer 13 different alphabets for gamers, which support more than 200 languages worldwide.

New Xbox players or those who want to change their gamertag can claim one of their choice, up to 12 characters. If a gamertag is already taken, a suffix with numbers is attached to differentiate you from other people with the same gamertag. Suffixes
    are subtle so that the focus is on the name you chose, but they are always shown. "

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/profile/gamertag-update-faq
  3. pawncrackers Win User

will it be possible to still use 16 character gamertags when changing it?

Hi there,

Regrettably, you will have to keep searching for that Gamertag you're looking for, if it's not available. Please take a look at Xbox Support's

Gamertag Update FAQ
    , as it will likely answer any questions you may have.

"How have gamertags changed?

We’ve updated new Xbox gamertags to support a 12-character max, Unicode-based name of your choice, with an auto-generated suffix if the Gamertag is shared. We now offer 13 different alphabets for gamers, which support more than 200 languages
    worldwide.

Note: Existing gamertags will remain unchanged with no suffix. No action is necessary unless you want to make a change.

New Xbox players or those who want to change their Gamertag can claim one of their choice, up to 12 characters. If a Gamertag is already taken, a suffix with numbers is attached to differentiate you from other people with the same Gamertag. Suffixes
    are subtle so that the focus is on the name you chose, but they are always shown.

New Gamertag updates are available at https://social.xbox.com/changegamertag. If you do decide to change your existing Gamertag, be aware that you may lose it to someone else."

Hope this helps,

L
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox gamertag

My gamertag is close to my name. I thought it was just because of the coronavirus that something was wrong. But, I'm not getting errors. It keeps saying it's not allowed. I really want to use this gamertag.
    There might be two reasons you can't use the Gamertag you want.

One reason might be, that a person already uses your desired gamertag in a different "spacing". For example, if you wnat to have "Clever Nickname" (note the space between "Clever" and "Nickname"), but someone already took "Clevernick Name" (Note the space
    between "Clevernick" and "Name"), then all permutations of "Clevernickname" are blocked by that name. Be it "Cle Ver Nick Name" or "Clevernickname" or whatever.

The problem is, that searching for a Gamertag will adhere to the spacing you use. So if you search for "Clever Nickname" it will not be found. However, trying to use "Clever Nickname" is blocked by the existing "Clevernick Name".

Secondly, depending on what your name is that you wish to base your Gamertag on, it might be an offensive word in another language. Seemingly harmless words in one language might have an offensive meaning in another. For example the cartoon character "Porky
    Pig" in Germany is named "piggy thick" if you literally translate the German name it back to English. Try Google Translate to find out what "Thick" translates to in German.

Maybe your name contains a string of characters that is an offensive name or word in another language.
  5. onyxishere Win User

The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season - Language

What language are you wanting support for? Most content will default to the official language of the country that it is purchased from. For example, if you live in Germany but have your gamertag set for US the game will default to English language.

However, if you would like to request a refund you will need to contact phone support for more assistance.
  6. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

How to solve error code 80182300 on Xbox 360?

You're welcome and thank you for your response!

I just want to clarify, are you receiving any error messages on social.xbox.com upon choosing a gamer tag with 12 characters?

I would also like to add that Xbox has updated new Xbox gamertags to support a 12-character max, Unicode-based name of your choice, with an auto-generated suffix if the gamertag is shared. We offer 13 different alphabets for gamers, which support more than 200 languages worldwide.

Note Existing gamertags remain unchanged with no suffix. No action is necessary unless you want to make a change.

New Xbox players or those who want to change their gamertag can claim a desired gamertag with up to 12 characters. If a gamertag is already taken, a suffix with numbers is attached to differentiate you from other people with the same gamertag. Suffixes are subtle so that the focus is on the name you chose, but they are always shown.

Reference link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...
Thema:

We’ve updated gamertags to help you more easily get a name you want in your language. What...

1. We’ve updated gamertags to help you more easily get a name you want in your language. What... - Similar Threads - We’ve updated gamertags

2. Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update: I regularly record my gameplay for Youtube purposes, but since the weekend of April 13th i am no longer able to record gameplay. I can record 1 or 2x but after that the recording will instantly...
  3. New update cause what’s happing to take up my whole screen.

in XBoX on Windows
    New update cause what’s happing to take up my whole screen.: When you go to the friends tab now, you’re greeted with a screen that says what’s happening and takes up your entire screen. It’s not optional and you’re forced into it. Whoever Xbox decided this...
  4. My xbox updated yesterday and now when I play Horizon 5 the narrator won't shut up. I have...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox updated yesterday and now when I play Horizon 5 the narrator won't shut up. I have...: I have tried every option available to me. Even the part where I get access as to whether or not you want the narrator. Please help me silence this annoyance. This started after the xbox last...
  5. PC Update Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2404.1001.25.0]

in XboX Insiders
    PC Update Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2404.1001.25.0]: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  6. Offline Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Offline Update: I have tried every possible way to get the offline update for Xbox Series S on my PC and I keep getting a white screen with the xbox logo going around and around never loading....
  7. Skip console update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Skip console update: Why am I forced to update my console to continue using it? I'm staying in a hotel with limited daily Wi-Fi usage, and my Xbox has prompted me to either update my console or continue offline. All I...
  8. I get "There was a problem with the update" message This is the error code I get with that:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I get "There was a problem with the update" message This is the error code I get with that:...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** 10e3f5b7-7c6f-4195-9ee9-21b72e7c2ba9
  9. My Son has the Xbox S series, we’ve connected the G923 to it and it works up until he needs...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Son has the Xbox S series, we’ve connected the G923 to it and it works up until he needs...: My Son has the Xbox S series, we’ve connected the G923 steering wheel to it and it works up until he needs to press A to start Forza 5, but then it won’t respond to start a game. Any idea’s of...
  10. “We’ve detected suspicious activity so we’ve locked your account”

in XBoX Accessibility
    “We’ve detected suspicious activity so we’ve locked your account”: This company is a joke, I’ve had my account for 9 years with thousands of hours and dollars spent. I randomly get a security notice saying there’s suspicious activity and apparently none of my...