Weird Xbox Series X Issue/ Video Glitch (Static Screen)?

Discus and support Weird Xbox Series X Issue/ Video Glitch (Static Screen)? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; https://youtu.be/dQbGKJDYqmE [img] Does this happen to anyone else randomly? It used to happen on my Xbox One OG Day One Edition, but now I'm... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MXE Tru, Jan 25, 2021.

1. MXE Tru
    MXE Tru Guest

https://youtu.be/dQbGKJDYqmE

Weird Xbox Series X Issue/ Video Glitch (Static Screen)? [​IMG]

Does this happen to anyone else randomly? It used to happen on my Xbox One OG Day One Edition, but now I'm seeing it happen on my brand new Xbox Series X? Comments
    in the YouTube video show a few other people also having this issue.

What is the cause and fix for this? Is it bad hardware? I've upgraded my TV as well, so the fact this is happening on a new TV says its gotta be the Xbox. It's happened with and without my Game Capture device being connected.

:)

MXE Tru, Jan 25, 2021
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Screen Tearing and Video Static on Series X

You're welcome

Take care in the meantime!
  3. speedkills0 Win User

Thank you

I will try both steps and report back.

Thanks
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thanks, I can advise you another two things else to try:

1. When possible try using another screen to see if the issue persists, this helps us to isolate the issue

2. Is like the next step for the 1., report this problem to Xbox team including your screen model and the games where the issue appears in case there's a bug with your specific setup. And besides that, perform an offline update for your console. In that way Xbox system will be updated from scratch. (Don't matter if you're on the latest firmware, sometimes cached/stored files from previous updates can cause issues)

For this you need a USB and PC to format it and transfer files, provided in the link below (with steps):

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

Report: https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/m...
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thanks for the update
    May I know if you tried using 1080p just to see if the issue persists?

And, your monitor has HDR or any other feature? (or VRR)
    If thats the case try also disabling both features and give it a new try
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Speedkills0

May I know which troubleshooting steps you have done so far to fix?
    In that way I can advise you different things to try

Let me know, I'll be waiting for your reply
    Greetings from another Microsoft user
Thema:

1. Weird Xbox Series X Issue/ Video Glitch (Static Screen)? - Similar Threads - Weird Series Issue

2. When I drop my Xbox series s on my bed lightly the inside of the Xbox makes a weird noise...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I drop my Xbox series s on my bed lightly the inside of the Xbox makes a weird noise...: When I drop my Xbox series s on my bed lightly the inside of the Xbox makes a weird noise with this aswell when I go on my Xbox it gets hot quickly and the Xbox makes some sort of ticking noise....
  3. Weird Monitor/Xbox Series X Issue

in XboX Insiders
    Weird Monitor/Xbox Series X Issue: I recently bought a new a new monitor and every time I press the middle button or go to send a chat in CoD MW3, my screen turns black for about less than 3-4 seconds and audio cuts out. I have...
  4. Logitech g pro superlight acts weird on xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Logitech g pro superlight acts weird on xbox series s: I got this mouse brand new I tried to play fortnite And my mouse acts sooo weird! Tried to move and it feels like the mouse has hes own will, Tried to change ingame sensesitivy Didnt help.....
  5. Hey Guys i am experiencing something weird about my xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hey Guys i am experiencing something weird about my xbox series s: Hey Guys i am experiencing something weird about my xbox for some reason my xbox series s is disconnecting and reconnecting to the wifi even when i change my wifi so i figured it is my xbox...
  6. Xbox Series S colors on the screen looking weird.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S colors on the screen looking weird.: [img] I was moving stuff around my room and decided to unplug my Xbox series S, once I was done and plugged everything back in, the colors on my Xbox started to look really bright and and a little...
  7. Weird troubleshooting with Windows 10 and Xbox Series S controller (via USB)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Weird troubleshooting with Windows 10 and Xbox Series S controller (via USB): I've been trying to connect my Xbox Series S controller on PC but its not working properly, for some reason only both triggers (RT and LT) and sticks (LSB and RSB) aren't working, while bumpers...
  8. My screen keeps on doing this weird flicker thing on my series x does anyone know how to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My screen keeps on doing this weird flicker thing on my series x does anyone know how to...: https://youtu.be/2hcS4X_ITYk i have already factory reset the console with keeping my apps, but the flickering returned. aa7ea374-0be7-4008-a28a-3e7c76d62270
  9. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller rb, left thumb stick and right thumbstick acting weird.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller rb, left thumb stick and right thumbstick acting weird.: I don't know where to even start. My left and right thumbsticks started to drift a little bit right after I got it, which I didn't mind at all cause at the time I didn't care for the stick drift....
  10. My Xbox Series S is acting weird

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S is acting weird: When I turn the console, it does the chime 2 times, then brings me to this screen: [img] If I try to restore the console, it brings me right back to the beginning: 2 chimes, then this screen....