Weird two Gamertag problem.

Discus and support Weird two Gamertag problem. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello all, Hoping someone here can help. I've tried the xbox support guys on twitter to no avail. My grand daughter whilst playing my xbox changed... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Neil J. McRae, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Weird two Gamertag problem.

Hello all,

Hoping someone here can help. I've tried the xbox support guys on twitter to no avail.

My grand daughter whilst playing my xbox changed my gamer tag (yeah game is locked down now!) that I'd had from the beta days of Xbox live -> Harry Callahan. She changed it to Lil Nugget on my Xbox Series X and of course it got one of the # suffixes so the tag is Lil nugget#1616. I tried to change it back on the series X but you can't have a gamertag thats as long as Harry Callahan any more. So I had a brainwave and changed the gamer tag on my old Xbox 360 and boom it worked. or so I thought.

On my Xbox 360 (what a great platform that was!) I'm Harry Callahan and on most things I'm Harry Callahan including how people see me online. However lil nugget still appears on many things on the series x and my series s also - THERE MUST BE AWAY TO FIX THIS!!!?

On xbox.com I'm Harry Callahan and on the app but on my series x I'm still lil nugget.

I'll add screenshots.

Please help Xbox Jedi's!

Neil.

:)

Neil J. McRae, Mar 21, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Yes, it's valid. Sorry for the confusion. I am actually referring to the new gamertag system itself. Please note that old gamertag system is still being used on older games or games that do not support the new gamertag system.

Try to check on https://social.xbox.com/ChangeGamerTag, if you try to change your gamertag there, there's an option to customize your old gamertag but that's for old system only. Since you're using the Series X for gaming, most of your games should support the new system and not the old system. Thus, it only shows you now the 12-character maxed gamertag and not the more than 12-character gamertag.
  3. Neil J. McRae Win User

here are hopefully some screen shots.

First on my xbox series x profile page

[​IMG]
  4. Neil J. McRae Win User

appreciate it, but this is clearly wrong behaviour at MS. my new 14 char gamertag should bounce round the whole system. Seems nuts that it does not.

Neil.
  5. Neil J. McRae Win User

also on that page you linked to it shows using XBOX 360 is valid:

[​IMG]
  6. Neil J. McRae Win User

but on xbox.com

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]
Thema:

1. Weird two Gamertag problem. - Similar Threads - Weird Gamertag problem

2. Weird Situation (2 Xboxes in 1 room)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Weird Situation (2 Xboxes in 1 room): So my house-mate turned his Xbox on through his TV (Remote) and while my Xbox is not connected to that TV, it turned on the very same moment. Anyone have any idea how to prevent this. My Xbox...
  3. When I drop my Xbox series s on my bed lightly the inside of the Xbox makes a weird noise...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I drop my Xbox series s on my bed lightly the inside of the Xbox makes a weird noise...: When I drop my Xbox series s on my bed lightly the inside of the Xbox makes a weird noise with this aswell when I go on my Xbox it gets hot quickly and the Xbox makes some sort of ticking noise....
  4. Weird!?

in XBoX on Windows
    Weird!?: Sorry for bad english I just got a xbox360, i have looked at the xbox classic games playable on the 360. ( nfs underground 2) i did the disc in it and cant play it….. someone that can help or...
  5. Colors displayed on screen when using the Xbox are weird

in XboX Insiders
    Colors displayed on screen when using the Xbox are weird: Hey. Wish I could post attachments to better show my issues. But I’ll describe it best as I can The display on the tv is fine until I swap to the Xbox. Once I get to the login screen and anything...
  6. Whenever I load my xbox up, there are these pixels on my screen that react weird to in game...

in XboX Insiders
    Whenever I load my xbox up, there are these pixels on my screen that react weird to in game...: Any idea on how to fix? If it helps, it occasionally just blacks out for a second or two. Its not the TV because streaming stuff on it works completely fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  7. Notification Sound sounds weird.

in XboX Insiders
    Notification Sound sounds weird.: When I get a notification (Friend gets online, Achievement, etc) the sound is very... buggy, and it sounds like it's trying to do the sound twice at the same time submitted by /u/henhunfer...
  8. Seriously weird thing going on with my gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Seriously weird thing going on with my gamertag: I'm having some seriously funky stuff goin on, my gamertag is silverhaze420 its still that on xbox one and 360 all my achievements are still there but when I log into xbox.com my gamertag is and...
  9. Gamertag was changed and this is weird?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag was changed and this is weird?: My gamer tag was camp1ngj3w4u... I signed into my xbox live today and I got this, ""Sorry this profile can't connect to xbox live on this console. To fix it,d download it again" Then it singed...
  10. Weird Question about Transferring a gamertag from an old account to a new one.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Weird Question about Transferring a gamertag from an old account to a new one.: A couple years ago my friend was using my account and illegally unlocked achievements for some of my games using a computer/usb hack or mod. As a result my profile was deleted of its achievements...