Weird troubleshooting with Windows 10 and Xbox Series S controller (via USB)

Discus and support Weird troubleshooting with Windows 10 and Xbox Series S controller (via USB) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been trying to connect my Xbox Series S controller on PC but its not working properly, for some reason only both triggers (RT and LT) and sticks... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ArthurPortoB, Sep 18, 2023.

1. ArthurPortoB
    ArthurPortoB Guest

I've been trying to connect my Xbox Series S controller on PC but its not working properly, for some reason only both triggers (RT and LT) and sticks (LSB and RSB) aren't working, while bumpers (LB and RB), D-pad, XYBA etc are all working. I've tried other USB-C cables, USB connectors in PC, reinstalling controller drivers on PC etc etc but nothing works. Pretty sure the controller works fine because I can use it with the same USB-C cables on my Xbox. Any ideas on why this is not working/what steps am I skipping?

:)

ArthurPortoB, Sep 18, 2023
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series Wireless Controller issues on PC

Hello,

Yeah there is clearly a fault here. My Series S controller connects fine via USB C cable but when connected via Bluetooth it's just detected as a generic direct input controller rather than an Xinput Xbox controller.

You would have thought the Windows 10 team would have created a driver for the controller to work correctly over BT? My Xbox One controller still works fine and works on PC and my Series S.

It least we all have the same problem so it's a driver/device issue at the moment.
  3. WinnithedevilKün Win User

Connecting Joystick Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

Hello, thank you for your repeat?

It doesn't make sense for me to get the Adaptive Controller to use my Logitech Extreme 3D joystick. Why not just use it on the XBox Series S console via one of the USB inputs??

Let me try another plan……….

Is it possible to connect the „XBox Series s“ console with a windows 10 PC using USB?

In this case I could use my Joystick as usual and had the voice from the PC Speaker!
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Adapter Xbox 360 for PC and new controller.

Hi,

I’m Killing Skids

The Answer Is Yes as Long As it has Bluetooth or wireless connection
    Hi,

That's not quite right. Apologies for quoting you.

The Xbox 360 controller uses a proprietary wireless technology, it's not Bluetooth and the old adaptors won't work with a modern controller like the Xbox One or Series X|S controllers.

Unlike Xbox 360 wireless controllers, Xbox One and Series controllers can also be connected via USB cable. Old Xbox One controllers use Micro USB, Series Controllers are USB C.

To use an Xbox One/ Series controller via wireless on a PC and get basic functionality, all you need to do is connect the controller via Bluetooth. If your PC doesn't have Bluetooth then you'll need to buy a Bluetooth USB dongle, they're very cheap, less than $10. I'm from the UK and I connect my Series X controller to my PC via BT dongle I purchased from Amazon for about £5.

For extra wireless features you'll need the Xbox One Wireless Adaptor for Windows 10. Unfortunately, the official Microsoft branded adaptors are now quite rare.
  5. Mister Maka Win User

Accessory compatibility with new Wireless Bluetooth Controller on Windows 10

Hey there MattheadPlus!

If you're connecting your controller via Bluetooth then you wouldn't be able use a headset through your Xbox One controller. For more information on what's support via Bluetooth check out this

Xbox One Controller On Windows 10 Troubleshooter
    . If you haven't already, give a direct wired USB connection a try to see if you're able to use your headset again.
  6. Georges C. Win User

Do the Xbox Design Lab controllers work with Windows 11?

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello ASushiBowl, xbox design lab controls are the same model as the Windows 10 and 11 Compatible Series S/X.

https://www.xbox.com/en-us/accessories/controll...

*Compatible with select devices and operating system versions; learn more at xbox.com/controller-compatibility. Battery life varies significantly with headsets, additional accessories, usage, and other factors. Testing conducted by Microsoft using standard AA batteries in preproduction units. Button mapping available via Xbox Accessories app for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10/11; app for Windows 10/11 requires compatible USB-C cable (sold separately).
Thema:

1. Weird troubleshooting with Windows 10 and Xbox Series S controller (via USB) - Similar Threads - Weird troubleshooting Windows

2. Weird issue with Dolby access free trial.

in XBoX on Windows
    Weird issue with Dolby access free trial.: I started a 7 day free trial with Dolby access on my xbox series s and when I tried to configure it it told me that I needed to buy a license or start a free trial. So I went back to the app and...
  3. Hey Guys i am experiencing something weird about my xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hey Guys i am experiencing something weird about my xbox series s: Hey Guys i am experiencing something weird about my xbox for some reason my xbox series s is disconnecting and reconnecting to the wifi even when i change my wifi so i figured it is my xbox...
  4. Weird symbol has been popping up next to my game titles, it's like a exclamation mark...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Weird symbol has been popping up next to my game titles, it's like a exclamation mark...: It still let's me play the games, I have game pass ultimate, none of the game I have installed are disc games, d39a1684-b770-48f4-92e1-b2715dc4493e
  5. Xbox Series S colors on the screen looking weird.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S colors on the screen looking weird.: [img] I was moving stuff around my room and decided to unplug my Xbox series S, once I was done and plugged everything back in, the colors on my Xbox started to look really bright and and a little...
  6. Sign in weird error

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sign in weird error: Hi everyone, i got a weird problem. When ever i try to sign in to microsoft.com with my other account it says that's no account with this name exists. But then i try to sign up with the same...
  7. 3 days ago I hear a weird electrical noise, as I look up I see the lights in the room...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    3 days ago I hear a weird electrical noise, as I look up I see the lights in the room...: 3/4 days ago I hear a weird electrical noise, as I look up I see the lights in the room flicker and My Xbox Series X starts smoking! I jump up and and started unplugging everything from the power...
  8. Wired Xbox One controller acting weird on Xbox GamePass on PC Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired Xbox One controller acting weird on Xbox GamePass on PC Windows 11: I'm using a wired Xbox One controller on GamePass on PC and it's acting very crazy, for example on Starfield the Y and B buttons are both jump buttons, left bumper is both scanner and crouch, the...
  9. Why does certain apps have this weird frosted over effect and how do I stop it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does certain apps have this weird frosted over effect and how do I stop it?: On apps like Xbox and Curseforge, this weird thing happens where the app appears to freeze over. Sometimes parts of it go away if I hover over them or interact around them, but they come back. It...
  10. My Xbox One X Has A Weird Buzzing Sound From The Back And Turns Off If I Try To Turn It On

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One X Has A Weird Buzzing Sound From The Back And Turns Off If I Try To Turn It On: it only Stops buzzing if the power cable isnt pluged in any tips (another thing controllers wont bluetooth to anything 827df3e5-c959-43a3-ae2e-81e98296d064