Weird Series X Behavior

Discus and support Weird Series X Behavior in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, this is a real real weird one, or at least for me After several months of not using my SX, I was away and really playing more on PC (multiplayer),... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Armando Pimentel1, Oct 28, 2022.

1. Weird Series X Behavior

So, this is a real real weird one, or at least for me

After several months of not using my SX, I was away and really playing more on PC (multiplayer), but a couple of weeks ago I picked up again, and started playing Wolfenstein The Old Blood from Game Pass.

That's when issues started, the game was crashing, gets stuck and sounds like a CD skipping (I know, I'm old), and force closing itself, but I was determined to finish the game, so I just started the game over and over, but I did tried some troubleshooting to correct that, I moved the game from internal to external storage, and the other way around like twice, deleting the game and re download it, but the game kept crashing, no big deal, let's finish the game, is not that long, I said to myself... foolish

One night playing on the level Ruins, it crashed several times, this level starts with a cinematic, it crashed in the cinematic and then when loaded again it was right on the chapter, then it crashed couple of times during fights, the level is kind of red-ish since there has been an explosion of some sort, so it became kind of unplayable, until, suddenly, the game didn't load at all, when trying to open it, the splash screen appeared but came back to the home page.

So, I tried normal troubleshooting again, deleting the save, trying to run it with out Dolby Vision, with out auto HDR, deleting the game, re download it, moving it to external HDD, everything, with no luck, I downloaded the game twice, and the second time I said that it was corrupted.

So I decided to do a factory reset, I moved all my games to the external HDD (to avoid re download), and the console was working fine, almost 1 and a half hours doing that, then I factory reset the console, but made (I believe) a critical error, I selected to keep my games and apps.

Anyways, the semi factory reset finished, and came back and asked me for my information, and once it reached the part when it needed to restart, it did, but didn't came on by itself, so I turned it on manually, finished the set up, and it shut down again.

Now that became the main issue, I was unable to power it on, it was shutting down by itself, even when trying to access recovery mode, but it was late, so I left it unplugged overnight, next day, I was able to power it on, no problems, access the main menu, and when I tried to launch a game, OW2, it told me that I didn't own that game (A FREE GAME!!!), so I went to the store and "purchased" the game, and It began to download the game, again!, I had two tiles of OW2 on my main screen, one installed and one being downloaded, so I deleted the previous one but it stopped the download, then I tried downloading the culprit of this whole mess, Wolfenstein, and when trying to launch it said that it was corrupted.

But now, I wasn't able to launch any game at all, it went to the splash screen and back to the home menu, and when I tried with one app (Dolby), it crashed, and the Xbox turned off, and guess what, I was not able to turn it back on, not on recovery, nothing, so I left it "rest" and when it came back, like 6 hours later, it just power on no problem, well... that resolution bug that apparently is normal, and tried to do that full factory reset, but when restarting, the same, wasn't turning on, it turns on, but immediately turns back off.

Let it rest again, came back on to finish the setup, download some basic games (Blazing Chrome), and still wasn't able to launch it, and all of the sudden, off again, tried several things, another power cable, going around the house trying different outlets, nothing, just... "let it rest".

This morning, turn it on, and like that in the home screen, tried to open a game, same issue, tried to download Wolfenstein again, since I'm stupid, and was checking on the download, making sure the console was staying up, but lost track of it a couple of minutes and my controller turned off, the console was on like for 35 minutes, downloading, no issues, but the moment I turned the controller back on, the console shut off, and wasn't able to turn it back on since (3 hours ago), I'm just... letting it rest.

I think, I have the hunch, the feeling, the hope, this is software related, that Wolfenstein is somehow stuck in some part of the memory, cache, SSD, something, and is making this happen, since before that "factory reset" everything was running fine, except that specific game.

Maybe someone have a clue on how to repair this, since, my warranty ran off last year (the console was preordered and obtain in launch date), the out of warranty repair is $300, I live overseas, and can't send it, or if was able to do so, it will cost me around $150 one way, $300 round trip, that's making a new console cheaper, something that I don't want and cannot do.

:)

Armando Pimentel1, Oct 28, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Weird Series X Behavior

No problem, hope it works.
    But if you ask me, right now everything points to be a hardware issue :c
  3. Armando Pimentel1 Win User

Weird Series X Behavior

Hi Josef!

Thank you for your answer, actually that's what I'm trying to do, but unfortunately, I'm not able, or was not able to access recovery mode, and since it turned off, now I'm in the waiting game to see if I'll be able to access, already have an usb with all the update inside, just waiting hehe
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Weird Series X Behavior

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Armando

It seems that you already tried a lot of things
    In case you didn't try this yet, could be nice perform an offline update for your console. In that way Xbox system will be installed from scratch.

For this you need a USB and PC to format it and transfer files provided in the link below (with detailed steps and requirements):

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  5. Ghost Rider74 Win User

New Xbox Store Video Game Trailers In Full Screen?

This behavior is frustrating for sure, I'm hopeful this gets fixed before the Series X launch
  6. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Steelseries Arctis 9X - Mic not working on Xbox Series X

Do you happen to have another headset?

If you do, try it on the series X to check if the same behavior occurs!
Thema:

Weird Series X Behavior

1. Weird Series X Behavior - Similar Threads - Weird Series Behavior

2. When I drop my Xbox series s on my bed lightly the inside of the Xbox makes a weird noise...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I drop my Xbox series s on my bed lightly the inside of the Xbox makes a weird noise...: When I drop my Xbox series s on my bed lightly the inside of the Xbox makes a weird noise with this aswell when I go on my Xbox it gets hot quickly and the Xbox makes some sort of ticking noise....
  3. Weird Monitor/Xbox Series X Issue

in XboX Insiders
    Weird Monitor/Xbox Series X Issue: I recently bought a new a new monitor and every time I press the middle button or go to send a chat in CoD MW3, my screen turns black for about less than 3-4 seconds and audio cuts out. I have...
  4. Logitech g pro superlight acts weird on xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Logitech g pro superlight acts weird on xbox series s: I got this mouse brand new I tried to play fortnite And my mouse acts sooo weird! Tried to move and it feels like the mouse has hes own will, Tried to change ingame sensesitivy Didnt help.....
  5. Hey Guys i am experiencing something weird about my xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hey Guys i am experiencing something weird about my xbox series s: Hey Guys i am experiencing something weird about my xbox for some reason my xbox series s is disconnecting and reconnecting to the wifi even when i change my wifi so i figured it is my xbox...
  6. Xbox Series S colors on the screen looking weird.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S colors on the screen looking weird.: [img] I was moving stuff around my room and decided to unplug my Xbox series S, once I was done and plugged everything back in, the colors on my Xbox started to look really bright and and a little...
  7. Weird troubleshooting with Windows 10 and Xbox Series S controller (via USB)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Weird troubleshooting with Windows 10 and Xbox Series S controller (via USB): I've been trying to connect my Xbox Series S controller on PC but its not working properly, for some reason only both triggers (RT and LT) and sticks (LSB and RSB) aren't working, while bumpers...
  8. My screen keeps on doing this weird flicker thing on my series x does anyone know how to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My screen keeps on doing this weird flicker thing on my series x does anyone know how to...: https://youtu.be/2hcS4X_ITYk i have already factory reset the console with keeping my apps, but the flickering returned. aa7ea374-0be7-4008-a28a-3e7c76d62270
  9. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller rb, left thumb stick and right thumbstick acting weird.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller rb, left thumb stick and right thumbstick acting weird.: I don't know where to even start. My left and right thumbsticks started to drift a little bit right after I got it, which I didn't mind at all cause at the time I didn't care for the stick drift....
  10. My Xbox Series S is acting weird

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S is acting weird: When I turn the console, it does the chime 2 times, then brings me to this screen: [img] If I try to restore the console, it brings me right back to the beginning: 2 chimes, then this screen....