Weird error, do you own this game or app?

Discus and support Weird error, do you own this game or app? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; so I have been playing forza 6 all day, I have almost 4 hours of game time on it. But now when I try to play it, it says "do you own this game or app"... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by elementdude23, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Weird error, do you own this game or app?

so I have been playing forza 6 all day, I have almost 4 hours of game time on it. But now when I try to play it, it says "do you own this game or app" I am not sure how to fix it, forza 6 is from my cousins account, which he signed in on on my Xbox one.
    Can someone please tell me how to fix this, it doesn't make sense because I've been playing it already???

:)

elementdude23, Sep 5, 2017
  2. Solar Gamer5
    Solar Gamer5 Guest
    Do you own this game or app? (Error: 0x803f8001)

Update: I am troubleshooting via Live Chat. We have tried removing and re-adding my account on my console. I am now re-installing the game again, but this time I hit "Install" on the game's Store page as opposed to the My Games & Apps page.

Solar Gamer5, Sep 5, 2017
  3. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    Do you own this game or app?

Sorry to hear it. Please try holding the power button on the console for 10 seconds until it shuts down to see if that helps.

If it does not then you may need to try deleting then reinstalling the game. You can delete the game by highlighting it from the dashboard then press the start button on the controller and choosing Delete.

To reinstall go to My Games & Apps then Ready to Install.

onyxishere, Sep 5, 2017
  4. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest

Make sure you are still gamesharing with the account which purchased the game.

M3tal Daz3, Sep 5, 2017
  5. WPAK
    WPAK Guest
    Hi there,

to be able to play a game you will need to own it or the account that has set the console as Home console owns it (this requires an active Xbox Live connection)

See this link for some information about playing games and licenses when a user is playing on other consoles: Playing Games Across Multiple Consoles | Xbox One Games - Xbox.com

Plus there was a free to play weekend for FM6 this weekend, that may have caused you to be able to play it earlier

WPAK, Sep 5, 2017
  6. pr1malg3ar
    pr1malg3ar Guest
    Perhaps you were under the free to play for Forza 6. It was a limited time window. Also make sure that you and your cousin are signed into the same home console.

pr1malg3ar, Nov 2, 2018
  7. pr1malg3ar Win User

Perhaps you were under the free to play for Forza 6. It was a limited time window. Also make sure that you and your cousin are signed into the same home console.
  8. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

to be able to play a game you will need to own it or the account that has set the console as Home console owns it (this requires an active Xbox Live connection)

See this link for some information about playing games and licenses when a user is playing on other consoles: https://support.xbox.com/en-us/games/game-setup/playing-across-multiple-consoles

Plus there was a free to play weekend for FM6 this weekend, that may have caused you to be able to play it earlier
  9. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Make sure you are still gamesharing with the account which purchased the game.
  10. XBF Amber M Win User

Do you own this game or app error

Hi ArbiterofLight,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums for this issue. As you're receiving that particular error message when attempting to play some of the games via Xbox Game Pass, it may worth requesting an additional call back from Xbox Support to have them
    troubleshoot your subscription to see if it is being recognized correctly. Please bear in mind that the Game Pass line up does change frequently as well: Xbox Game Pass Games.

The subscription to Game Pass gives you a temporary license to play the games while they are available on the service, so there should be no need to contact the game developers directly, but it would be best to get the subscription reviewed to see
    if they may determine what is keeping you from being able to play the titles.

• Scroll down, Click on
      Contact Us

• Step 2 : Select a Category, then See other options
    • Step 3 : Select your Issue/Topic
      • Select - Show contact options
      • Select – Call me back or chat with Xbox Support

If you do not see the selection that you wish to use for contact, then switch topics until it becomes available.

Give this a try and let us know the results. I hope this helps out.
  11. ArbiterofLight Win User

Do you own this game or app error

Is this Game Pass for PC? If so, are you signed into the computer with the Microsoft Account that has the Game Pass subscription? I would recommend checking that, and what profile is signed into the Xbox (Beta) app as well as the Xbox Console Companion
    app. Check those and let us know if they are the account that reflect that you have Game Pass Subscription. You can also check that everything with your subscription is good at your
    Microsoft Account page for that account.

Let us know the results and we'll see what the next best troubleshooting steps are.
    No it's for my xbox 1 console
Thema:

1. Weird error, do you own this game or app? - Similar Threads - Weird error own

2. weird error when trying to download profile on Xbox 360 games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    weird error when trying to download profile on Xbox 360 games: I’m getting an error on my xbox 360 game when i try to download my profile. I am currently on a xbox one. The error says “can’t connect to Xbox live. select test connection to troubleshoot your...
  3. Sign in weird error

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sign in weird error: Hi everyone, i got a weird problem. When ever i try to sign in to microsoft.com with my other account it says that's no account with this name exists. But then i try to sign up with the same...
  4. Weird console error I guess

in XBoX on Consoles
    Weird console error I guess: So, just right now my xbox wasn't turning off for some apparent reason (this started to happen when I was remotely playing my console on my phone), and even if I tried actually turning it off from...
  5. Weird West Game Pass for PC Error Message

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Weird West Game Pass for PC Error Message: Hi - after opening up the game and starting New Game I get the following error: "The UE4-Nova Game has crashed and will close." I've never had an error like this before. Any ideas? Thanks!...
  6. Getting a weird error code

in XBoX on Windows
    Getting a weird error code: I've been trying to sign into the xbox app for about an hour now and, I keep getting this error code. [img] I tried searching for ways to resolve my issue but I haven't found anything. If...
  7. Xbox 360 Open Disc Error and Weird Noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Open Disc Error and Weird Noise: I recently bought a 360 at goodwill and I’m trying to play a disc, but every time I put it in it just says reading for about a minute and then says open tray. Also, above the disc drive if I hit...
  8. Xbox One X having weird fuzzy blue glitch. It’s not a cable or display error because you...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X having weird fuzzy blue glitch. It’s not a cable or display error because you...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Tankbot001 [link] [comments]
  9. Weird Password Glitch or Error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Weird Password Glitch or Error: When I go to login to one of the accounts and it asks for the email password the password I enter just disappears, no incorrect message or anything just gone. Any suggestions or fixes, Thanks!...
  10. Weird error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Weird error: I tried to purchase crowns on eso through the Xbox store and I got a message called read it and weep that told me to look it up on Google and something about my Little pony. I'm concerned that I'm...