We weren't able to install the app (UnkownAppinstall)

Discus and support We weren't able to install the app (UnkownAppinstall) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello I have problem when i try to install minecraft it says We weren't able to install the app (UnkownAppinstall) And i dont Know what to do plz... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Riad Daoui, May 30, 2023.

1. Riad Daoui
    Riad Daoui Guest

Hello

I have problem when i try to install minecraft it says We weren't able to install the app (UnkownAppinstall) And i dont Know what to do plz help As soon as possible

Thanks

:)

Riad Daoui, May 30, 2023
  2. Kimmy_24 Win User

Hi, Riad. I hope you're doing well and safe out there. I'm an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

Sorry to hear about your issue installing Minecraft. We can try some steps that might help. Kindly check if you have any pending updates using these links:

Windows 10: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Windows 11: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

If there's nothing pending, kindly right-click the Start button on your taskbar, and then select Windows Terminal (Admin). In the Administrator: Windows PowerShell screen, type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage

Then try installing the launcher through MS store: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/minecraf... or Minecraft: https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/download.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

We weren't able to Install the app (0xUnknownAppInstall)

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Itzzdev

Please tell me:
    What are your hardware specs?
    Are you using windows 10 or 11?
    If you try installing a different app the same happens or is this happening only with Minecraft?
    Are you using a virtual machine?

And please describe me briefly what else did you tried to fix this
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thank you, may I know if you tried downloading and installing the Launcher marked as Windows 7/8 from this page - https://minecraft.net/download ?

If not, please try that.
    If maybe the issue persist, let’s try to isolate the problem a bit more

A. Open task manager > select the startup tab > disable all the programs listed there temporarily
    Restart the PC and try again

B. Do a clean boot in your PC and try again
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-t...

C. Create a new local administrator user in your PC and try from there
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cre...

D. If maybe you have an antivirus, firewall, system optimizer or similar program. Please turn off all the protections temporarily and try again
  5. ItzzDev Win User

Sorry for late reply.

I tried the solutions but they didn‘t fix the problem again.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

But you’re able to sign in with your account flawlessl here, right?
    https://account.microsoft.com/profile

If yes, this can be a bit odd, but try this:

A. Press Windows button and type Services

On Services App from the list of results, press right-click and run it as administrator

Scroll to the bottom and find the following services:

IP Helper
    Xbox Live Auth Manager
    Xbox Live Game Save
    Xbox Live Networking Service
    Gaming Services

And do this with each of the services listed above:

Right-click over the service and select Properties.
    Find the Startup type section and make sure it’s set to Automatic (if not, change it to automatic)
    If the service isn’t started, click Start to start the services

Restart your PC and try again

B. Open the Control Panel in Windows.
    After opening the control panel, set the “View by” on the top-right corner to “Large icons“.
    Click on the “Network and Sharing Center” option.
    Here, click on the “Change adapter settings” link on the left panel.
    Now, right-click on the active network adapter and select “Properties“.
    Go to the “Networking” tab.
    Here, uncheck the “Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)” option.
    Click on the “Ok” button to save changes.
    Then close all the windows, restart your PC and try again
Thema:

1. We weren't able to install the app (UnkownAppinstall) - Similar Threads - weren't able install

2. I cannot install Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC? I get this message: We weren't able to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot install Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC? I get this message: We weren't able to...: I cannot install Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC? I get this message from Windows 11: "We weren't able to install the app (0x80073CF6)" 31635452-d5bb-429e-a940-28a80cf9fb78
  3. Looks like something went wrong We weren't able to install the app (0x80004004)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Looks like something went wrong We weren't able to install the app (0x80004004): Unable to Install the Xbox app on PC via MS Store and XBOXInstaller.exe Able to Install other apps from ms store only problem is installation of Xbox App from Store System...
  4. "We copied 87 captures to New Volume (D:) 18 captures weren't copied to external storage"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "We copied 87 captures to New Volume (D:) 18 captures weren't copied to external storage": I logged into my xbox yesterday and got a message that all my captures were going to be deleted unless I backed them up. Of course they tried to sell me additional cloud storage, but I have a 4TB...
  5. I tried to buy a 1.5K Roblox Digital Card but found out there weren't any. The lowest one...

in XBoX on Windows
    I tried to buy a 1.5K Roblox Digital Card but found out there weren't any. The lowest one...: The lowest one was 200 Robux, 3,000 Microsoft Points. 2dc7fd26-e8b1-4584-a30e-9b77e03b2d2b
  6. Why after launch of apex season 17, I lost all my friends who weren't on stupud Xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why after launch of apex season 17, I lost all my friends who weren't on stupud Xbox?: How come after the apex season 17 launch in May, I lost 2 pages of friends and it won't show im online for anyone including myself. And I took all the steps to fix it, I am an adult so I have...
  7. How to play Xbox games that weren't listed on XBox PC app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to play Xbox games that weren't listed on XBox PC app?: First time playing XBox on XBox PC App and first time being here. I had recently purchased two games on Xbox's Website, which were Turok 1 and Turok 2. However when I went to Xbox PC app, they...
  8. why question threads are closed as 'feature request' when clearly they weren't requests but...

in XboX Insiders
    why question threads are closed as 'feature request' when clearly they weren't requests but...: My old thread flaired as 'question' with >question< was locked due to rule of not asking for features. I tried contacting the the moderators but got ignored. Does it happen often? I've nowhere...
  9. We weren't able to Install the app (0xUnknownAppInstall)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    We weren't able to Install the app (0xUnknownAppInstall): Hello, for the last few weeks, I have been having this issue with my Minecraft launcher where every time i try to install the Launcher it says: ,,We weren't able to Install the app...
  10. Looks like something went wrong we weren't able to install the app (0x80070005)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Looks like something went wrong we weren't able to install the app (0x80070005): all that shows up when installing the xbox app for pc dd0f1fd1-bef9-4d8f-b0dc-c2367f5d5aaa