We need better options for account recovery.

Discus and support We need better options for account recovery. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I’ve lost my account I’ve had for years lost all the money I’ve spent on it I tried everything I possible could account recovery always tells me I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Randy Miller2, Mar 1, 2023.

1. We need better options for account recovery.

I’ve lost my account I’ve had for years lost all the money I’ve spent on it I tried everything I possible could account recovery always tells me I don’t add enough information even when I provided information only I could have I guess I’m going to PlayStation if I don’t stop playing games its honestly just to much money spent to even want to start over it’s real crazy you can provide all this information for the account recovery and still get denied absolute no help if you call them I loved Xbox but after this I’ll probably be done with games for good or maybe switch to PC.

:)

Randy Miller2, Mar 1, 2023
  2. XBF Leo G Win User

Locked out of account. Told nothing they can due.

Hello jayshack,

Thanks for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you need assistance with recovering an account's password. We have a support article that provides instructions on

how to recover your password
    . The article does mention the account recovery form that you have been filling out. The account recovery form is the last option to recover a password. The moderators, volunteer moderators and ambassadors do not have the ability
    to manage Microsoft accounts. We recommend to continue filling out the form with any new information that you can think of that may help with recovering the account. We hope this information helps jayshack!
  3. Miss Ermine Win User

Cant log in to live

Hey guys! This can be a good step to try if other options for account recovery aren't helping:
    https://account.live.com/acsr you may need to fill out the form more than once to get full recovery.
  4. Vearth Win User

Hacked account while waiting for refund

The problem is that we can't access the account from anywhere, this hacker changed the password and all the recovery password options. We already did the verify identity thing but right now it got denied.
  5. Miss Ermine Win User

Need to change OLD email address to verify account

Hmm, yeah I can definitely understand how that would be frustrating! We do have these security options on accounts to keep them safe, which is why we need that info to be accurate and up-to-date. All that being said, if you do know the passwords you should
    still be able to get in there to get it unblocked. Are you not able to access the Proofs page at all? If we could get in there, I bet we could also add a mobile number, which is one of the better ways to confirm ownership of the account anyway. (Phone support
    was also correct, even if it seems redundant, filling out that Account Recovery form multiple times definitely can help us get you into your account as well.)
  6. PalmettoBling Win User

Old email linked to Xbox account deleted

Building on the wise Mistress Sara, account recovery is likely the best bet. There is a difference between the email account and your Microsoft Account. Your Microsoft account can be tied to other emails, and would have to be specifically closed. The
    recovery option is the best route because it should provide other options for account recovery other than sending an email to the account that no longer exists.
Thema:

We need better options for account recovery.

1. We need better options for account recovery. - Similar Threads - need better options

2. We need better xbox support

in XBoX on Consoles
    We need better xbox support: I have gotten a 2day suspension for no reason at all All I did was boot up my game to see I’m suspended I did not do any this the day before and had no warnings,I don’t even no what the reason was...
  3. So I wanted to ask if I need a WiFi adapter for better connection on my Xbox series s... Or...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So I wanted to ask if I need a WiFi adapter for better connection on my Xbox series s... Or...: I'm thinking of buying the Xbox but a lot of devices have problem with WiFi and I wanted to see of it will be the same with Xbox or the Xbox has a better WiFi adapter build in and that I don't...
  4. Future Xbox controllers need to be better

in XBoX on Consoles
    Future Xbox controllers need to be better: Hello, I was once playing some games with my friend on his Nintendo Switch, and he has a Nintendo switch Pro Controller. He was able to aim more presice in games like splatoon with the weird...
  5. Enforcement team needs to be held accountable for their actions. We need a better way to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Enforcement team needs to be held accountable for their actions. We need a better way to...: I got chat suspension for mild language after one of your team harassed me in game. I get i shouldn't have called him [Mod Removed - Inappropriate], but he literally antagonized me with toxic...
  6. We need a gray-colour theme and also a better way to tell which game is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    We need a gray-colour theme and also a better way to tell which game is...: Hello all! I had two quick suggestions to help improve the Xbox One UI - 1) Right now we have a dark theme and a light theme. The light theme is far too bright for most TVs. I would love to see...
  7. VIP events need better structuring

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    VIP events need better structuring: I see the promotion exists for Gold members on particular games AFTER THE FACT with the winners list, but no real explanation of how to take part in said events. It goes as far as to embed the...
  8. Xbox Enforcement Need A Better System

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Enforcement Need A Better System: Hi So my main account gamertag had been removed [Mod Removed - Personal Information] and I'm very upset they removed it . Because it has WTF which stand for [Mod Removed - Profanity] and I think...
  9. Which is better? Need your opinion...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Which is better? Need your opinion...: Hi. I am in search of a MULTIPLAYER game. I kinda like the interface like the destiny 2 4v4 multiplayer, the UI like the cross hair it has and stuff. Battlefield one is cool. The many modes it has...
  10. To enforcement and why we need a better system to stop mistakes from happening to innocent ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    To enforcement and why we need a better system to stop mistakes from happening to innocent ...: a while back i had a problem with a certain achievement for Family Guy - Back to the multiverse, on the xbox360. the achievement was called - (There is no cake)...