We Need An Official Response

Discus and support We Need An Official Response in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ambassadors need not answer. Officials, look below (or above), and take notice on the exponential number of posts about the reputation system being... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by eG myxin, Jun 29, 2016.

1. eG myxin
    eG myxin Guest

Ambassadors need not answer.

Officials, look below (or above), and take notice on the exponential number of posts about the reputation system being used as a way to avoid players that are at a different skill level than the reporter. It's rampant. It's becoming more apparent with the
    gross amount of Overwatch players that are abusing this system. You say "The rep system is designed in such a way that it can't be abused." I call bull ***. Then why aren't the people who haveamy number of "confirmed" cases of cheating banned? Why is that
    even a reportable statistic. Are you saying people can cheat, just not too much? Ok.

There are hundreds, if not thousands, of loyal Xbox fans that have amassed hundreds of thousands of hours and gamer score over the past years. You're telling me in the last month they've all turned into rampant morons whom are worth of an "Avoid Me" tag?

I don't think so.

I look forward to an official response, constructive feed back, and ambassadors not locking this thread as it's an important one.

Thank you

:)

eG myxin, Jun 29, 2016
  2. Major Nelson Makes Announcement that they will Make an Announcement (LOL) Used Games

Our official response is, we have no response.

(yet the retailers have the information)

You can't make this up!!!!!!!(laughing not yelling)

MAKO MARAUDER, Jun 29, 2016
  3. LeviDerby
    LeviDerby Guest
    Beta

Sorry but for this you will need to wait for a response from official Xbox support

LeviDerby, Jun 29, 2016
  4. MineDaddy
    MineDaddy Guest

It's crap to make matchmaking harder or impossible imo....if someone is being bad , a simple vote to kick can be handled in the lobby or in game even.....scrap this system. ..

MineDaddy, Jun 29, 2016
  5. Debrimba
    Debrimba Guest
    Xbox has the DVR system. Anyone can record somebody who's actually cheating and submit that to the enforcement team. The current reputation system is being hijacked by trolls and sore losers. I've stopped trying to reach out to Microsoft and instead I've
    tried to get Blizzard's attention. Rainbow Six Siege, Battlefront and Black Ops 3 are all proof that matchmaking need not take the reputation system into account. People with the "Avoid me" status can still match with normal players. I can confirm this for
    Siege. We need Blizzard to implement a similar system in Overwatch. This way people can no longer abuse the reputation system and actual cheaters can get caught via DVR.

Debrimba, Jun 29, 2016
  6. dkore
    dkore Guest
    I'm still in the same boat. I know a dozen or so of the top 100 players on Overwatch than were also unjustly blocked/reported and now can't play their games. I have been playing a variety of games for the past few days, to no avail. I can't even file a case
    report because the Enforcement page still shows me as being a Good Player.

This is very unfortunate, and I am getting to the point of just unplugging the Xbox and playing on PC.

dkore, Jun 29, 2016
  7. Dol
    Dol Guest
    If you feel this way about a the reputation topic, going to the Xbox User voice will be the best bet for saying something like this as the topic may get lost.

Xbox Ideas, powered by UserVoice

If you have noticed a drop in reputation, try playing different games with a different pool of players, being diverse in your gaming experience can help build your reputation back up.

Reputation is not based on any bans you have and does not affect you from your core gaming. It is based on the Communities feedback on you. Try avoiding people who may anger you or go out of their way to cause trouble and simply block them. I find blocking
    a player is better than taking out my pent up frustration on their effort in a game a lot easier, which then keeps my reputation at a generous stage.

However as I have mentioned, posting or boosting topics on User Voice will be a much better handle.

8. eG myxin
    eG myxin Guest

@Dol, this is the typical, cookie cutter response that we have no use for and in fact does not work. There are very few games out there that do not take reputation into account when matchmaking. Playing, for example, Destiny if you are on avoid me is no
    different than overwatch as you won't find a match. Further, the system is not being used as a feedback mechanism but rather a way for players to avoid others for various reasons (higher or lower skill level, etc). That is just not acceptable. Finally, you
    can claim that playing other games will raise your rep but in general this method has worked for almost no one.

eG myxin, Jun 30, 2016
  9. DASE 101
    DASE 101 Guest
    My rep is at normal now but I am still unhappy with the Enforcement team. The ability to report players without providing any proof is a broken system from the get-go. Currently I'm being affected by other users abusing the report function. The system in
    place now is absurd in the fact that you don't need proof to report somebody. That needs to be changed ASAP. You should need proof and considering you can record through the X-Box One that shouldn't be hard to provide. With people being able to record instances
    of actual cheating or trolling it's inexcusable that nobody has to actually submit any kind of evidence to bring somebody's rep down. I get that it would take a while to sift through, but if you put a cooldown period on people's ability to report who abuse
    it and allow esteemed community members to help moderate then you'll fix most of the issues people are having while getting the reputation system to actually work as intended. I played Battlefield 4 almost every day and played well. To get reported for whatever
    reasons is just not fair to me and many others that are good at a game. So I called the live support team and quickly got nowhere. They could not communicate with the enforcement team at all. As a consumer, I want to make sure I get the quality I expect from
    a product and the support I need in case I encounter issues with it and I got nothing from either team. I have never bragged to anyone of how good I am in bf4. My numbers on battlefield battle log speak for themselves. I am ranked two in the world for DMR
    kills and I always play with a squad. You have new players that play in hardcore games and think that if I kill them with a UCAV that I am using some sort of cheat when they don't know what it is. Or I get messages from a ton of NEW players that say I cheat
    from wearing DICE camo that ANYONE in the game can get. I don't respond to any of the messages so how am I not playing well with others???? Because I need answers. You show me proof. I even had to show a noobie after he reported how I got the camo and then
    he apologized but said he already had reported me. Come on. It’s not cool that I have to build my rep back up when I did nothing wrong to start with. Now I’m playing games I hate playing. I made a new account still racked up kills on Sunday and can you believe
    that even one of my own friends that is on my account sent me hate mail. I had no UCAV no flir camo and no Flir attachments. Still averaged 25 to 40 kills per match in TDM... how am I cheating when I am good at a game? I don’t talk trash cause Im
    always in a party. I want to know what proof the enforcement team has of me cheating. So far they have showed me nothing. If there was a way I could copy and paste my messages from other players that are new to the BF4 that sent me messages you would see am
    telling the truth. That's why I don't understand how come the Enforcement team does not go in my profile and check videos that I have and messages that I have from other gamers. Battlefield has numbers online with stats of each match that I have as proof of
    no cheating and I only play in DICE SERVERS. Last night I kept getting killed by vets of the game with all the attachments I had in the game under my account did I get mad yes but I couldn't complain because as a vet myself I knew they were not cheating
    but as a new player coming into the BF4 game it can sure look like the other players are cheating. Does anyone see were I’m coming from? No ranking system in BF4 so we play with a ton of new players on the field. What sucks is that they jump into hardcore
    servers where a lot vets play the game and get smashed and then all these reports come flying in. I see more and more of my friends that also do not cheat with low ratings.

DASE 101, Jun 30, 2016
  10. dkore
    dkore Guest
    Yah, no offence to Dol, you're just trying to provide all the information that Microsoft has given. Unfortunately I keep getting pointed to the same info and it's seemingly not helping to improve my rep. I have been playing other games all week, to no avail.
    It also doesn't address the bigger issue, which is how a few players can abuse reports/blocks to ruin somebody's rep, just because they don't want to get matched up against them.

dkore, Jun 30, 2016
  11. Not Big Boss
    Not Big Boss Guest
    Lets not forget those who mind their own business, but get reported falsely simply because they have a high rank that they gained throughout almost three years of gaming on something like GTA Online, considering my case.

A lot of new players decided to throw reports on me since the past week because they think I'm a modder, when I really never ever touched
    [Mod Removed] or the modding DNS junk. Meanwhile, there's many alternate profiles being made of
    [Mod Removed] users transferring their modded or glitched characters and profiles onto Xbox One.

This system really needs some fixing up. And thanks to Overwatch's popularity, even the simplest report by one will only have a Domino Effect especially if that one false report is followed up because that one sore loser had friends with him.

Not Big Boss, Jun 30, 2016
  12. Dol
    Dol Guest
    Typically the reputation system is not warranted from a baseless complaint, I've been a XBL member for 10 years on 2 different accounts, my reputation has always been flawless, and I play games from Call of Duty, to Overwatch, to even Indie games like Limbo
    and Ori, there isn't a huge shortage of games I don't tend to play.

Say if a player with a lot of friends got them all to report you, that wouldn't affect your reputation, the system disregards pointless "accusations" and spamming complaints will NOT unfairly warrant you with a lower reputation, even a ban
    to an account or communications does not always lower a players reputation.

Personally I may be one sided, I have never had problems with players typically, but if you are doing something that warrants a report, even things from, leaving a game early constantly or having a lot of mic feedback, players may report you for this, and
    when a pattern emerges your reputation may lower. One player reporting you because you swore in a game will NOT drop your reputation to Avoid Me.

As I have said there are always ways to fix reputation, and in games like Overwatch, Blizzard have said they will be removing that system. However without sounding like a complete tool, that is the only thing I can suggest until you manage to get an Official
    response.

Source: Xbox Enforcement | How Do I0

13. Not Big Boss
    Not Big Boss Guest

But even then, some of us like myself and dkore have gotten so many reports in a short amount of time that our reputation page (
    enforcement.xbox.com/.../reputation ) will not sync and glitched us as a "Good Player" with "Avoid Me" status. We cannot file a case and our profiles are stuck like this until we get
    some help. We've tried playing matchmaking on different games for about a week since and we see no improvements.

s32.postimg.org/.../flawedrepsystem.png

Not Big Boss, Jul 1, 2016
  14. dkore
    dkore Guest
    This is frankly unacceptable. If a player does something wrong, they can be reported, investigated, and suspended. Otherwise, nobody should have their multiplayer privileges revoked because a bunch of players choose to block him/her just because they don't
    want to get matched up against them.

The 343 devs straight up admitted that the system was flawed and had to opt out of it for their playlists on Halo:

""Recently, however, we noticed that some players were using blocks to avoid playing against upstanding players, as well as negatively impact their rep, specifically in ranked play. As this was never the intent of the system, the Xbox team has pushed out
    a recent update that will ignore player blocks in the following (ranked) MCC playlists"

We need actual solutions. We don't want to be told to go play non-Reputation games like Neverwinter or World of Tanks for weeks on end just to get some Reputation score up, which can be exploited as trivially as getting Blocked.

dkore, Jul 2, 2016
  15. It is definitely pure bull****. When somebody gets reported for no reason, guess what? they get banned.

Pure bulls***

And after 3 days, we don't get a response.

UnraisedCoast47, Jul 2, 2016
Thema:

1. We Need An Official Response - Similar Threads - Need Official Response

2. Need actual person or phone# 2call 4issues with gift cards? I bought2 cards for each of my...

in XBoX on Windows
    Need actual person or phone# 2call 4issues with gift cards? I bought2 cards for each of my...: Two $50 Xbox gift cards purchased 4/26/24 by me. Requesting actual human being to speak to that works for Microsoft Xbox billing. Thanks. 2ee59868-a379-401b-86dd-73957532c723
  3. Need someone to help me with enrolment

in XboX Insiders
    Need someone to help me with enrolment: I just purchased a series s from a third party, and it is stuck in preview mode. I want to leave, but it is connected to a different account, and I don’t have access to that account. I tried...
  4. I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...: I have a xbox 360 elite console, and it has sat for a bit, but am breaking it back out, it powers on and everything but the controller no longer works. Are there "new" controllers that can be...
  5. Pc controller input bug need help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Pc controller input bug need help: while im playing games like fortnite i can feel my controller input off as if its not working properly and ive had 2 pc's with this same issue where i can unplug and plug it back in and for the...
  6. Hello I need help with my Xbox cant figure out

in XboX Insiders
    Hello I need help with my Xbox cant figure out: Hello my sons xbox took a crap, and he doesnt remember the email address that went too it so I was wondering can I put the internal hard dr8ve 8n another xbox one S to retrieve account info or can...
  7. I need some advice

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need some advice: Okay so I've got a problem I'm a Fortnite YouTuber and i made friends with some rather toxic people who recently have been causing me problems they are trying to destroy me asking me to go and...
  8. Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn: I play on ps5 and I am unable to sign into my Microsoft account for Minecraft, stating I already have an account linked to my psn but I unfortunately lost access to the email or information linked...
  9. Need help to remove an old account from Xbox that got an access pin

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help to remove an old account from Xbox that got an access pin: I recently bought a second hand series X, when I’ve got it home and tried it out, all works fine as it should but the old users account is still on the machine. My main problem is removing the...
  10. I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...: I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each other as friends. How do we do that? abf59fe2-900f-42be-b844-f2bb61d7ff3b