WE have to PAY for postage costs!

Discus and support WE have to PAY for postage costs! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The thread is getting attention from loyal MS fans. I had to pay to send my faulty day one controller over to the Czech Republic, from what i am... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by IceStorm III, Jan 1, 2014.

1. WE have to PAY for postage costs!

The thread is getting attention from loyal MS fans. I had to pay to send my faulty day one controller over to the Czech Republic, from what i am hearing the people of the USA do not pay to send their faulty peripherals back, it is a disgrace, the customer
    service is none existent as well. I sent my faulty day one console in for repair, it was 24 hours old and in perfect cosmetic condition when i sent it off, they returned the same console to me and it was scratched to bits, sounded like a jet engine and still
    would not read discs. Ended up sending back to the original seller who only offered a partial refund after receiving it back because of the cosmetic damage caused by the service center. Then after i had sent it back to the seller i received an email from
    MS claiming they had offered a replacement unit not a repair. This was a blatant lie as i was only offered another repair not replacement.

SpartanNoble80, Mar 20, 2014
  2. if you can avoid sending something in, do so by ANY MEANS NECESSARY. I sent a controller to them 3 months ago. They lost it and now refuse to respond to me in any form. They will likely steal from you as well.

iGreenTreeFrogg, Mar 21, 2014
  3. is anyone interested/able to take some legal action?

4. WE have to PAY for postage costs!

SpartanNoble

Yes we do pay. We pay for shipping even within the united states. I also have 2 broken day one controllers. As i said above, I sent one in to them in January...they lost it, blamed me, and now refuse to acknowledge me in any way.

5. If we all band together and take legal action against them they may finally sort themselves out. At the moment I do not have an Xbox One as the service center made it worse, sent back to seller who only gave me a partial refund due to Microsoft's damaging
    the console further. I am down £300 thanks to Microsoft, they only offered to repair the unit again not replace it even though they are the ones that caused the cosmetic damage, that on top of the fact it sounded like a jumbo jet and still did not read discs

SpartanNoble80, Mar 21, 2014
  6. Malacath
    Malacath Guest
    Glad I found this thread.

I have an abnormally loud power supply. The fan makes a buzzing sound that I can even hear over my 360 if I switch that on.

So I contact xbox support via chat.

While I have no complaints about the guy I spoke to, he seemed friendly and helpful enough.

It's the actual support policies I have a problem with.

First of all to get a replacement power supply I have to send mine back first and then not be able to use my xbox for a couple of weeks until I get a replacement.

That's bad enough but what really annoys me is I have to send it off to the Czech Republic at my own expense. And Microsoft wont even reimburse the postage costs.

I'm in the UK and posting a power supply to another country on the other side of Europe is not going to be cheap. I am actually quite disgusted by this. I did some quick pricing online. I'm seeing ridiculously expensive postage costs like £50.

When my 360 died years ago Microsoft covered all expenses. They got UPS to pick it up and a new one delivered promptly within a couple of days. It was actually decent service.

But now the service has gone terrible.

It is absolutely disgusting that we should have to foot the bill for postage ourselves especially if the consoles are under warranty. I'm even more disgusted that i'm reading you need to pay postage to get the actual consoles replaced as well.

I get the impression it would actually be cheaper to buy a new power supply but apparently demand is so high that they have stopped selling them separately.

After reading the posts in this thread i'm now too scared to send off my power supply.

What if it gets lost in the post?

Earlier someone in the thead said they are having problems getting microsoft to send a replacement so my xb1 would become and expensive paper weight especially as they wont sell power supplies separately.

What if the replacement power supply has a fault?

I would then have to send that back at my expense again.

This has really annoyed me now.

Malacath, Mar 21, 2014
  7. I thought I'd interject with some information.

The Sale of Goods Act 1979 provides as follows:

S.14(2)

Where the seller sells goods in the course of a business, there is an implied term that the goods supplied under the contract are of satisfactory quality.

S.14(2A)

For the purposes of this Act, goods are of satisfactory quality if they meet the standard that a reasonable person would regard as satisfactory, taking account of any description of the goods, the price (if relevant) and all the other relevant circumstances.

S.14(2D)

If the buyer deals as consumer or, in Scotland, if a contract of sale is a consumer contract, the relevant circumstances mentioned in subsection (2A) above include any public statements on the specific characteristics of the goods made about them by the
    seller, the producer or his representative, particularly in advertising or on labelling.

S.61 defines "producer" as

producer” means the manufacturer of goods, the importer of goods into the European Economic Area or any person purporting to be a producer by placing his name, trade mark or other distinctive sign on the goods

The important part, S.48B(2)

If the buyer requires the seller to repair or replace the goods, the seller must—

(a)repair or, as the case may be, replace the goods within a reasonable time but without causing significant inconvenience to the buyer;

(b)bear any necessary costs incurred in doing so (including in particular the cost of any labour, materials or postage).

I have drawn this to Microsoft's attention and will feed back whatever response I receive.

For info, I have a faulty controller.

TheNotoriousCOD, Mar 26, 2014
  8. SigmaTheDJ
    SigmaTheDJ Guest

We do have strong consumer protection laws in the UK, but the issue is, the vast majority of the people who are having problems bought their console from a third party retailer, so your contract (as far as the Sale of Goods Act is concerned) is with them,
    not with Microsoft. I think the whole situation stinks, don't get me wrong, and I think that MS should be fronting the postage costs, but what they are doing is not in breach of consumer law.

Personally, I think that if if you bought a Day One console for £430 at launch in the UK (which probably came with FIFA or Forza bundled) and any element of it is faulty, you should return it to the retailer for a full refund, then buy a Titanfall bundle
    for £390. As the bundled games are digital, you will still own FIFA/Forza despite returning your Day One console and you'll be £40 better off, plus you'll have a copy of Titanfall that you can either use or sell on eBay. The only thing you lose is the Day
    One Edition version of the controller.

SigmaTheDJ, Mar 26, 2014
  9. i had to pay postage on my plug and charge kit cost me £10 to post recorded.... if i had realized i would not of bothered there only £20 new....

DELBOY2028-9644B668-9473-474F-82FC-467C021EA5EF, Mar 26, 2014
  10. I hear you. My Day One system's disk drive started to buzz & refused to read any disk. The strange part is the console was never moved & no more than 6 discs have ever been inserted into it. It's evident now that the board members are cleaning house by forcing
    resignations across the board of their upper management. Who ever suggested the TV integration & Kinect were the most important features during the development stage is an idiot.

Your Dead McFly, Mar 27, 2014
  11. Level 1

Posted 27 Mar 2014 1:26 AM

. MY SYSTEM WONT READ THE DISC INSERTED AND SO I WENT THROUGH THE PROCESS TO GET MINE BACK WITH FED EX. SO I GO TO THE FED EX STORE AT OFFICE MAX, AND I KNOW ITS NOT A FED EX STORE BUT COME ON MAN THEY DIDNT HAVE A BOX TO FIT THE X1 SAFELY WITH THE BUBBLE
    WRAP, SO THE GIRL SAYS YOU CAN BUY ONE OF OUR BOXES LOCATED IN THE BACK OF THE STORE. I LEFT THE BRICK AT THE COUNTER HOPING SOMEONE WOULD STEAL IT. I LOOKED AT THE BOXES THEY HAD TO OFFER, 18X18X12 14X14X14 12X WHO CARES AT THIS POINT. SO I CALL MICROSOFT
    WHEN I GET HOME AND I AM TALKING TO THE GIRL ON THE OTHER LINE AND SHE SAYS WE HAVE TO GET BACK TO YOU IN 24 HOURS. SO CALL BACK TOMORROW.REALLY? I ASK TO TALK TO A MANAGER AND I GET REDIRECTED TO JOE, WHO IS COOL. AND STILL WONT WAIVE THE 15$ TO GET ADVANCED
    SHIPPING.(GET A SYSTEM BEFORE YOU SEND YOURS IN.) SO I TALK TO HIS BOSS AND SAYS THE SAMETHING. 1:35:40 MINS ON THE PHONE. I SAY, ILL JUST USE THE REGULAR SHIPPING METHOD. FOR A PRODUCT THAT IS WARRANTIED FOR 1 YEAR THEY EXPECT YOU TO STOP PLAYING YOUR 500$
    (MINUS GAMES) PRODUCT AND SHIP IT YOURSELF FOR AN ADITIONAL 15$ DOLLARS AND A 500$ HOLD ON YOUR CREDIT CARD. THAT IS BAD BUISNESS. SO I CHOSE TO SEND IT IN EXPADITED FOR 10.50$ AND WAIT 14 DAYS FOR A DISC DRIVE ISSUE. WHEN I HAD THE YLOD FOR THE PS3 THEY SENT
    ME A BOX AND 3 GAMES TO MAKE IT SMOOTH OVER. WHY DID I BUY THIS NEXT GEN GAMING SYSTEM? TO PAY 15$ MORE DOLLARS TO GET THERE 4 MONTH OLD PRODUCT FIXED DUE TO THERE COMPANY WANTING TO RELEASE TOO SOON AND INSTALING A RUSHED DISC DRIVE THAT THEY DIDNT WANT IN
    THE FIRST PLACE. WHEN I GET MY CONSOLE BACK, IF I GET THE BRICK BACK? I AM GETTING THE NOT TO MENTION SYSTEM. this happened mar 26 2014

YOUHAVEDIEDPS4, Mar 27, 2014
  12. Funkymojo44
    Funkymojo44 Guest
    Thought id post an update to my message on 16 February (bottom of the post)

So the replacement controller Amazon UK sent out (at no cost to myself) lasted a bit longer this time, just over 3 months. Heard a ping from the left thumb-stick playing fifa, and now the thumb-stick wont depress at all.

I have no idea what to do know except try and get another replacement from Amazon if I can. Fact is the 3 xbox 360 controllers, 2 of which came with my 2006 system are all still working. The xbox one controllers are not manufactured to a high enough standard.

Having jumped over to console gaming with the original xbox, owning the 360 and now the xbox one I've decided to ditch console gaming on the back of my experience with Microsoft's latest product. I am astounded at the way loyal customers have been treated
    and I see little value in a product that does not live up to even a reasonable quality standard.

---

Ok just off from Amazon UK support. In 15 minutes they approved a refund to my card of 43GBP so I can order a new controller.

That means I keep my current controller, Amazon post me out another one. This may be a wide issue affecting many controllers but the attitude of Amazon far outweighs that of Microsoft.

Link to conversation with Amazon support:

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

---

Funkymojo44, Oct 31, 2018
  13. SpartanNoble80 Win User

If we all band together and take legal action against them they may finally sort themselves out. At the moment I do not have an Xbox One as the service center made it worse, sent back to seller who only gave me a partial refund due to Microsoft's damaging
    the console further. I am down £300 thanks to Microsoft, they only offered to repair the unit again not replace it even though they are the ones that caused the cosmetic damage, that on top of the fact it sounded like a jumbo jet and still did not read discs
  14. iGreenTreeFrogg Win User

SpartanNoble

Yes we do pay. We pay for shipping even within the united states. I also have 2 broken day one controllers. As i said above, I sent one in to them in January...they lost it, blamed me, and now refuse to acknowledge me in any way.
  15. SpartanNoble80 Win User

I had problems with my Xbox One Day one console as well. The kinect never worked properly, the controller had the same left thumb stick problem. I thought I was the only one, as I dont have a credit card the only option for me was to send back to shopto.net.
    We in the UK are paying alot more than our US counterparts for games and accessories as it is. Now I am without a console at all until they decide whether or not to refund me or send me a standard console as they have no replacement day one edition consoles.
    I am really fed up with out treatment compared to people in the US. Day four of no console and i am going up the walls. Would be nice for someone from Microsoft to actually help us all.
  16. Funkymojo44 Win User

Ok just off from Amazon UK support. In 15 minutes they approved a refund to my card of 43GBP so I can order a new controller.

That means I keep my current controller, Amazon post me out another one. This may be a wide issue affecting many controllers but the attitude of Amazon far outweighs that of Microsoft.

Link to conversation with Amazon support:

http://imgur.com/uU2qdU0
  17. kirstyclark Win User

Im having to send my console to get repaired, ive printed off a "paid return" label so im not paying anything and its going all the way to Germany! For one id rather have a new console, as I dont think they'll be able to fix this one. Believe me it has blown.
    Im devastated. Not even a month old. Microsoft support couldn't be more helpful. I just hope it doesn't take forever for them to send a new one out.
Thema:

1. WE have to PAY for postage costs! - Similar Threads - PAY postage costs

2. Why can't I go online after paying twice for 1 month

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I go online after paying twice for 1 month: I've paid twice for this month my subscription didn't expire, and I still can't connect online. It tells me contact support, I have been doing this for seven days...
  3. i want to use paypal to pay xbox dev mode how i do it and its possible?

in XBoX on Windows
    i want to use paypal to pay xbox dev mode how i do it and its possible?: i want to use paypal and i want to know its possible or not? 091b7486-acad-4eaa-8b7f-640018b0e55d
  4. Dev account cost paying without credit card

in XBoX Accessibility
    Dev account cost paying without credit card: Hello i have a question i would like to add a dev account to my account the costs are 14 euro... i have 15 euro in my account it gives me the option to pay in credit card or in promo code... i...
  5. I got a Xbox gift card and every time I try to pay for it to get V bucks it says error

in XBoX on Windows
    I got a Xbox gift card and every time I try to pay for it to get V bucks it says error: Is there anyway you could help me I have these two gift cards one of $25 and one of $50 I use the first 25 want to turn it into Microsoft money it was a team gift card both of them are teen gift...
  6. In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?

in XboX Insiders
    In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?: I know that this function has been around since the days of the Xbox 360, when we changed the gamertag for the first time, it is free, but for the other one it costs money. It would be great if we...
  7. Windows Mode on Xbox Paying $1.99 per month

in XboX Insiders
    Windows Mode on Xbox Paying $1.99 per month: It would be a good option to be able to pay monthly on an Xbox to be able to use Windows and be able to install Steam or use the Xbox for productivity, paying $1.99 per month you can enter Windows...
  8. Why can I not pay for Xbox Dev Mode?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can I not pay for Xbox Dev Mode?: I have tried to pay for an Xbox Dev Mode account yesterday and it wouldn’t work. It said that the payment for £14.40 had been declined. I knew that I had enough in my account to play for it and I...
  9. I dont wanna pay this ,pls help me MICROSOFT*14 DAY TRIAL REMSBILL.INFO

in XBoX Accessibility
    I dont wanna pay this ,pls help me MICROSOFT*14 DAY TRIAL REMSBILL.INFO: MICROSOFT*14 DAY TRIAL REMSBILL.INFO SG i dont wanna lost my money with this 8c440118-2069-4170-8628-36a5b3ca2a0f
  10. Why is minecraft making me pay for items I already owned after signing into my account?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is minecraft making me pay for items I already owned after signing into my account?: I changed the password to my Microsoft account, and signed into minecraft. After signing in I wanted to recreate my character. But I lost all my accessories and need to pay for it again. But if I...