WE have to PAY for postage costs!

Discus and support WE have to PAY for postage costs! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; [quote user="Bimnog"]for me and a lot of people the Microsoft Store is the retailer so the "You pay , you wait" option is the only one... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by IceStorm III, Jan 1, 2014.

1. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest

[quote user="Bimnog"]for me and a lot of people the Microsoft Store is the retailer so the "You pay , you wait" option is the only one available[/quote]The Microsoft Store is
    not Xbox Support.

Let me repeat that: The Microsoft Store is not Xbox Support.

You need to fight with the Microsoft Store. You want to exchange your defective console kit for a complete replacement kit. Do not piecemeal anything. You'll probably end up paying shipping if they're legally permitted to charge you for shipping (just like
    you would to most retailers), but it should be in-country.

This is the
    UK page concerning holiday returns for the Microsoft Store
    . They appear to be offering free shipping on returns. As long as the console was bought between Nov 29th and Dec 31st, it's covered by an extended return period up to January 31st.

:)

IceStorm III, Jan 1, 2014
  2. Faulty Controllers for Xbox One - Paying for returning item to Czech Republic!

My own controller and my friends controller have both encountered faults - mainly staying connected to the console, but also problems with buttons and the play & charge.

When we tried to register a return, the only option we have is for Self Postage... To the Czech Republic. Which costs £54 for tracked international mail.

We spoke to Xbox Support who basically said there was nothing they could do and yes we would have to pay the whole postage costs, when we could go buy a new controller for £44. I guess Microsoft know that the return postage exceeds the cost of new controller
    at stores so it makes them even more money.

It's absolutely disgusting that Microsoft deliver faulty product to early adopters of the Xbox One and treat them like dirt - not even covering postage costs for replacements.

So be warned - if you were good enough to pump money into Microsoft on their launch of the Xbox One.... you're probably going to end up with faulty goods which you have to pay huge amounts for international shipping, and they really couldn't care less.

III BOOSH III, Jan 1, 2014
  3. Drift/Drag in Forza4??

Games cost me enough without having to pay postage and handling.

LOWxONxHealth, Jan 1, 2014
  4. WE have to PAY for postage costs!

The Microsoft store REFERS YOU TO XBOX SUPPORT!!!!.....

Let me repeat that: The Microsoft store REFERS YOU TO XBOX SUPPORT!!!!.....

RobertBuckalew, Jan 1, 2014
  5. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    [quote user="Bimnog"]The Microsoft store REFERS YOU TO XBOX SUPPORT!!!!.....[/quote]They do that for troubleshooting (on the off chance you missed something). However, they cannot continue to refer you to Xbox Support if you tell them troubleshooting says
    the product is defective.

You need to fight with the Microsoft Store. You want to exchange a defective product for a replacement. If your UK consumer protection laws are any good at all, your
    retailer has to correct this problem. They cannot pawn you off to Xbox Support for the product replacement because you didn't buy the product from Xbox Support. Contrary to popular believe, MS is not one monolithic entity.

You want to return the defective product. If they won't do an exchange, at least get your money back and buy the product from a decent retailer like Amazon.

6. I preordered it from the MS store and also bought the "we assure you of no out of pocket costs " warranty.....its past the return period according to them and all they tell me on the phone (many calls, many people, many levels) is to contact support.......been
    there , done that Ad nauseam........

7. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    [quote user="Bimnog"]I preordered it from the MS store[/quote]Then you missed the holiday period returns window by seven days as stated on the GB website (started on the 29th, Xbox One was sold in the EU on the 22nd, but you may have recourse by filing a
    complaint with whatever the equivalent of the Better Business Bureau is in the UK.

Seems like your online retailer problems are a bit of a hole in the whole "We have great consumer protection laws!" claims that UK/EU citizens make. I find it humorous given that Amazon in the USA explicitly states on my launch console order that It's eligible
    for the holiday returns period.

Maybe next time buy from a better retailer or fix your consumer protection laws so they apply to online entities? For now, your choices are to pay shipping or to just buy a replacement PSU.

8. WE have to PAY for postage costs!

Im in the USA and mine is a controller issue which I have already did what MS (the store AND support ) suggested " if you really want to play your console, I guess you need to buy another controller ".....so im out the 60 bucks for a hold me controller (
    maybe im crazy but thought it might be cool to actually PLAY the console instead of just lookingat it) plus the gas, time and 10 more bucks to ship back the day one controller, which (according to post on this very forum) will probably be gone at least a month......now
    some on here would actually try and convince me that this is "ok" or the "industry standard" or whatever else defense they can think of......its a crap policy, bottom line ...one that I will avoid in the future and one that I will tell as many people as possible
    about.......online and in person

9. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    [quote user="Bimnog"]Im in the USA[/quote]Oh, then definitely file a complaint with the BBB against the Microsoft Store. In the USA they started the holiday return/exchange window on November 27th, five days after launch. That's lousy, especially when Amazon
    covered launch consoles.
    One-way shipping payment for RMAs to manufacturers is not uncommon in the USA.
    I've had to pay for RMAs to Sapphire, to Western Digital, and to Seagate, to name a few. The products where I don't have to pay are rather expensive, as in significantly more than an Xbox One. Just because you apparently don't run into this often does not
    mean it doesn't exist.

10. Never to me before, even stuff that ISNT brand new and under warranty......from computers and parts, video cameras and phones and most recently a direct tv DRV , each and EVERY case I was sent the replacement part with a return shipping label inside.....and
    I will continue to use these companies that show a little thought towards their customers and try and inconvenience them as little as possible.....MS , not so much......

11. MarkStott
    MarkStott Guest
    It's not good. A few things first. I had the disconnect issue with the controller. Got onto Microsoft where I was told a replacement has been sent and when I get the new day one pad sent the faulty one back. I was fine with that till I received a battery
    cover in the mail. Wtf!! Contacted MS again. Next person said the first person gave me incorrect info and I have to send faulty one before they send a new one. Angry by now. Went to send joypad to MS today via their "partner" UPS to the Czech republic and
    found it will cost me 53 pound. Not impressed. Got onto MS AGAIN and said I refuse to pay that money to get a controller repaired and asked if I could sort my own courier. They said I could and in the end it cost me 12.00 via TNT. Tried to tell the micro rep
    that the controller issue is now a console issue as have tried three different pads all with the same issue but he wasn't having none of it. So as soon as I get my new pad I am gonna get straight back onto them.

My advice is this.

If u have a faulty "accessory" I.e. pad,power supply MS will not pay shipping costs and will not reimburse. If its a console issue they will do the shipping free of charge.

And do not use UPS to send them back as the price structure is nothing short of disgusting.

MarkStott, Jan 2, 2014
  12. MarkStott
    MarkStott Guest
    53 pound via UPS for a controller, free of charge for a console. Do not use UPS tell Microsoft u will sort your own courier I got mine at 11 pound from UK to Czech republic

MarkStott, Jan 2, 2014
  13. TONCON92
    TONCON92 Guest

Hi. Had broken left sticks on two controllers. Spoken to service support and also chatted online to them but they wouldn't budge on me having to pay for package and post back to them. Sent today from UK to Czech Republic using Royal Mail's tracked service.
    It cost £15.75 which is cheaper than buying another new one (on my third) but does take a few days to get there and no doubt it will take a couple of weeks to come back.

TONCON92, Jan 4, 2014
  14. RunjitPunjit
    RunjitPunjit Guest
    Same problem for me! My day one edition left thumbstick broke virtually straight away. (all of a sudden feels like it grinding and clunking then if you shake the controller theres a rattle inside). Got in touch with MS and they sent me an email with the
    return details. I ordered a replacement from Amazon as i couldn't be done with no gaming over the xmas.

Well a few days later the exact same has happened to the new one from amazon.

Ive been in touch with amazon and they have sent me a replacement free and have told me to return the faulty one for free within a month.

I've sorted the amazon return, using the printer to print their pre paid labels. Ive just went to sort the return to MS of the day 1 controller and found out i have to pay for return to the Czech Republic.

Disgrace!

Where did you get your £11 price from? which courier? Cheapest I've been quoted is oner £20.

Im thinking of sending the whole lot back now tbh, it came as a package and if a part of that package isn't working then i should be well within my rights to send the whole package back.

Come on MS sort it out!

RunjitPunjit, Jan 4, 2014
  15. RunjitPunjit
    RunjitPunjit Guest
    P.S. Have you guys that have had a broken controller been playing Fifa?

RunjitPunjit, Jan 4, 2014
Thema:

1. WE have to PAY for postage costs! - Similar Threads - PAY postage costs

2. Why can't I go online after paying twice for 1 month

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I go online after paying twice for 1 month: I've paid twice for this month my subscription didn't expire, and I still can't connect online. It tells me contact support, I have been doing this for seven days...
  3. i want to use paypal to pay xbox dev mode how i do it and its possible?

in XBoX on Windows
    i want to use paypal to pay xbox dev mode how i do it and its possible?: i want to use paypal and i want to know its possible or not? 091b7486-acad-4eaa-8b7f-640018b0e55d
  4. Dev account cost paying without credit card

in XBoX Accessibility
    Dev account cost paying without credit card: Hello i have a question i would like to add a dev account to my account the costs are 14 euro... i have 15 euro in my account it gives me the option to pay in credit card or in promo code... i...
  5. I got a Xbox gift card and every time I try to pay for it to get V bucks it says error

in XBoX on Windows
    I got a Xbox gift card and every time I try to pay for it to get V bucks it says error: Is there anyway you could help me I have these two gift cards one of $25 and one of $50 I use the first 25 want to turn it into Microsoft money it was a team gift card both of them are teen gift...
  6. In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?

in XboX Insiders
    In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?: I know that this function has been around since the days of the Xbox 360, when we changed the gamertag for the first time, it is free, but for the other one it costs money. It would be great if we...
  7. Windows Mode on Xbox Paying $1.99 per month

in XboX Insiders
    Windows Mode on Xbox Paying $1.99 per month: It would be a good option to be able to pay monthly on an Xbox to be able to use Windows and be able to install Steam or use the Xbox for productivity, paying $1.99 per month you can enter Windows...
  8. Why can I not pay for Xbox Dev Mode?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can I not pay for Xbox Dev Mode?: I have tried to pay for an Xbox Dev Mode account yesterday and it wouldn’t work. It said that the payment for £14.40 had been declined. I knew that I had enough in my account to play for it and I...
  9. I dont wanna pay this ,pls help me MICROSOFT*14 DAY TRIAL REMSBILL.INFO

in XBoX Accessibility
    I dont wanna pay this ,pls help me MICROSOFT*14 DAY TRIAL REMSBILL.INFO: MICROSOFT*14 DAY TRIAL REMSBILL.INFO SG i dont wanna lost my money with this 8c440118-2069-4170-8628-36a5b3ca2a0f
  10. Why is minecraft making me pay for items I already owned after signing into my account?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is minecraft making me pay for items I already owned after signing into my account?: I changed the password to my Microsoft account, and signed into minecraft. After signing in I wanted to recreate my character. But I lost all my accessories and need to pay for it again. But if I...