We have free stuff keeps popping up

Discus and support We have free stuff keeps popping up in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; This has popped up 4 times in the last hour. With Game Bar disabled and all Notifications turned off and Do not Disturb set to on. It is happening on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Steven_1964, Nov 3, 2022.

1. Steven_1964
    Steven_1964 Guest

This has popped up 4 times in the last hour. With Game Bar disabled and all Notifications turned off and Do not Disturb set to on. It is happening on two machines and both started today. Wanting me to launch the game bar implies it is a Microsoft "feature" to me.

On my other machine it was in the notification history and gave me the option to disable Game Bar notifications. I did that, but it still popped up again a few minutes later.

We have free stuff keeps popping up [​IMG]

:)

Steven_1964, Nov 3, 2022
  2. Chris#Elliott Win User

This reply is rubbish. I have only started receiving the above pop up recently, after managing to mute the music in Solitaire coincidently. All I want to do is mute the chime. It frightens the life out of me when I am listening to music.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hi,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

I can see that you are having issues game bar notification keeps on popping up. This may be due to configuration issue.

Let's see how we can best assist you with this concern

I'd like to ask a few questions to better grasp the situation:

• Device specs, make and model?
    • Current version and edition of Windows Installed? (Search for WINVER in Windows search to see this)
    • Xbox app and Gaming services version?
      • (Xbox app > select Profile picture > Settings > About)
    So far, based on the information you've provided, you can try the options listed below and let us know whether the problem has been fixed.

Kindly check the article below answered by XBF John, there are suggestion for notification configuration on how this pop ups to be disabled.
    How to disable "Claim your points!" notifications on Xbox - Microsoft Community

Also kindly check the link below on how to Manage you Xbox and app pop-up notifications.

Manage Xbox and app pop-up notifications | Xbox Support

Once we receive your answers to the questions above, we may suggest additional troubleshooting measures.

Looking Forward for your next reply.
  4. paco 0728 Win User

I have the same issue on my gaming pc showing up radomly in msfs. Coincidentally, my other computer developed coupon discounts appearing in outlook at almost the same time. Changing browsers, adding pop up blockers, employing adware removal tools, and running virus and malware scans has done nothing to resolve either problem. I am suspecting a quirk possibly in a Microsoft update since there have been essentially no other downloads, and these problems have come out of nowhere.
  5. Logan Galand Win User

Except that doesn't work. So far nothing has resolved this for me including turning off the notifications and opting out of the reward program.

I will never understand why companies think bombarding their customers with **** like this will ever get them ahead in any way. Who checks off on these decisions?
  6. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
Thema:

1. We have free stuff keeps popping up - Similar Threads - free stuff keeps

2. We have free stuff pop up and chime - Microsoft Solitaire

in XBoX Games and Apps
    We have free stuff pop up and chime - Microsoft Solitaire: There are a few threads discussing the annoying chime while running Microsoft Solitaire. None of the solutions will suppress the sound. I have the paid subscription version without ads. Just...
  3. "We have free stuff" pops up over 4 times within first hour of playing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "We have free stuff" pops up over 4 times within first hour of playing: Same issue listed here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/we-have-free-stuff-keeps-popping-up/4b03ddea-140b-4086-8e88-6c21c56e089b This has popped up 4 times in the last hour....
  4. I got banned for joking about giving away free stuff in rocket league? And for two weeks.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I got banned for joking about giving away free stuff in rocket league? And for two weeks.: I received a two week communication suspension a few days ago, i thought it was because i said someone was “trash” at rocket league, so i submitted a case review and they said it was because i was...
  5. Just another random asking if he could get free stuff

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Just another random asking if he could get free stuff: Hey, I know this is probably a waste of time and all also probably going to get removed too but heck, il try... I was just wondering if I could get some free Xbox live, the thing is my first...
  6. Free stuff

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Free stuff: people are always posting on YouTube about all this stuff that they get free from Microsoft Xbox division and I was just wondering how it's possible that they are the ones always getting the...
  7. Free stuff you can't get - This problem is continuing!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Free stuff you can't get - This problem is continuing!: I have reported over and over that the "Free" tickets and the "Free" coins you are supposed to be able to get daily hardly EVER work. WHEN THE HECK WITH THESE APPS ERRORS EVER GET FIXED????...
  8. Free Stuff Friday: Definitive Edition Birthday Bash! competition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Free Stuff Friday: Definitive Edition Birthday Bash! competition: Free Stuff Friday: Definitive Edition Birthday Bash! is this only for US residents? 77b5c1eb-ec89-407f-9cdb-dd12041e4c1f
  9. why pay for free stuff

in XBoX on Consoles
    why pay for free stuff: why does microsoft don't let us play free stuff without gold. For Example, ROBLOX. It's a free to play application, BUT WE'LL HAVE TO PAY LIKE $6.00 (GOLD) TO PLAY, and on a free trial, YOU STILL...
  10. Allows us to download free stuff without having to put a credit card

in XBoX on Consoles
    Allows us to download free stuff without having to put a credit card: Hello,I joined Xbox live in 2014.I like how we get 4 free games every month.My only problem is we can't download Xbox 360 games without having a credit card.I'm a teen and don't have a card.This...