"We cannot send a text message to this number" when creating a new Microsoft account

Discus and support "We cannot send a text message to this number" when creating a new Microsoft account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I'm trying to create a new Microsoft account, but when I enter a phone number it asks me to verify, I get the "We cannot send a text message to this... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Tatiana H1, Mar 11, 2023.

1. Tatiana H1
    Tatiana H1 Guest

"We cannot send a text message to this number" when creating a new Microsoft account

I'm trying to create a new Microsoft account, but when I enter a phone number it asks me to verify, I get the "We cannot send a text message to this number. I tried two different phone numbers and none are connected to other existing accounts. Please help

:)

Tatiana H1, Mar 11, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Tatiana, we have received similar occurrences in our community, but still we do not have an official position from Microsoft about why this is happening.

As you are creating a new account, try adding an alternate security email to receive the code instead of a phone number.
  3. tp500 Win User

it says

"We cannot send a text message to this number."
  4. Jhonkito Win User

We cannot send a text message to this number.

Hi Tinus , my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

The problem that you present is something strange, maybe, it is my assumption that the account was blocked for trying to send that code to multiple phone numbers, currently what I can recommend you to recover the account of your son, is to fill out the recovery form through the following link:

https://account.live.com/acsr

Be careful with the information you are requested and I strongly hope that you can recover your account.

Best regards. Jhon
  5. Emorabito Win User

My account was suspended and no code is sent to my phone number

By coincidence, my pharmacy called me and told me that they suddenly were unable to send me text messages. Although I was receiving text messages from everywhere else, they could not send me one. When I contacted my mobile phone carrier, they told me that the pharmacy likely sent a spam block message of some sort. They had me attempt to send HELP messages to the same phone number, and it failed to send a response back. Ultimately, the carrier ended up performing a Sim card reset. When this fixed it for the pharmacy, it also fixed it for Microsoft as well. Call your mobile phone carrier and tell them that you cannot receive text messages from Microsoft. I never did figure out what phone number the text messages would be coming from. and Microsoft actually looked into the logs from their SMS text messaging system, it would have told them very plainly what was wrong. they never once recommended that I contact the carrier.
  6. RonnieHendsbee Win User

Xbox1 messaging.

When I am signed in, I can see messages that people send me. But I cannot respond to them, even people on my friend list. When I try it tells me to go to the xbox support website where it asks for a phone number to send a text message to.
Thema:

1. "We cannot send a text message to this number" when creating a new Microsoft account - Similar Threads - cannot send text

2. We cannot send a text message to this number.

in XBoX Accessibility
    We cannot send a text message to this number.: I am trying to unlock my child account, this was created yesterday and only setup on Xbox so I am not sure what it is blocked for. I have tried multiple phone numbers but have had no luck....
  3. Due to suspension you cannot send any messages

in XBoX Accessibility
    Due to suspension you cannot send any messages: i get this message every time i try and message someone, is it permanent? can i not message people on xbox anymore? if so is there any reason to lift it For context, my family is in town for the...
  4. Minecraft [JAVA] - Cannot Send Messages (Tried Changing Settings)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft [JAVA] - Cannot Send Messages (Tried Changing Settings): Hey there. Hate to be a bother, but I cannot send messages on Minecraft. I changed my privacy settings in my XBOX account to allow for the sending of messages with everyone, as well as for...
  5. We cannot send an SMS message to this number

in XBoX Accessibility
    We cannot send an SMS message to this number: This is what is says after i put my phone number in the "Enter your phone number and we'll send you a security code" page. All of this cause my account got suspended and i can t recover it because...
  6. i keep getting the message "We cannot send a text message to this number.".

in XBoX Accessibility
    i keep getting the message "We cannot send a text message to this number.".: I have crossed my minecraft account from mojang to microsoft some time ago and i wanted to revisit minecraft once again, i had my email and password written down, yet it would not let me log in,...
  7. How do I fix “ We cannot send a code to this number “ when attempting to unlock an account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I fix “ We cannot send a code to this number “ when attempting to unlock an account?: I need to know how to fix this error that always pops up when trying to unlock an account. I’ve tried a few different numbers but it leads to the same pop up. I’ve also tried getting support over...
  8. "We cannot send code to that number"

in XBoX Accessibility
    "We cannot send code to that number": Idk why but every time when I log into my account it is locked out. I didn't have this issue and changed password too. But today when I try to unlock my account and verify it with my cell phone...
  9. Microsoft verification code "we cannot send a text message to this number"

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft verification code "we cannot send a text message to this number": I’ve read through a lot of posts surrounding the topic, but none fully reflect the answer I need. I have a computer lab with Microsoft accounts on each computer. I have one work cell phone that is...
  10. Minecraft : "Chat not allowed by account settings. Cannot send message"

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft : "Chat not allowed by account settings. Cannot send message": Good day, I find myself unable to open the chat in Minecraft. When I try, I have the following message : "Chat not allowed by account settings. Cannot send message" I have migrated from a...