WD My Cloud DLNA server not detected by Xbox One S

Discus and support WD My Cloud DLNA server not detected by Xbox One S in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; having tried a few things, i'm not able to get my media to show up on Xbox One from my NAS (WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra). upnp is OFF in my router Twonky... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by zero7404_cs, Apr 20, 2020.

1. zero7404_cs
    zero7404_cs Guest

having tried a few things, i'm not able to get my media to show up on Xbox One from my NAS (WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra).

upnp is OFF in my router

Twonky (DLNA server dashboard) allows me to choose what type of media receiver the Xbox One is, and the Xbox One is showing up in the list of media receivers in the sharing section of the Twonky dashboard.

The My Cloud DLNA service is on and works with other devices on my network, such as a Roku Ultra, vlc media player (tablets and smartphones).

With receiver profiles "XBOX 360" or "Generic Media Receiver" chosen for the console - the Media Player on the Xbox One is not able to find the DLNA server at all (no media servers detected on the network).

I do not want to enable upnp. is there another setting I need to change in the Twonky Server dashboard, or on the console to get the console's Media Player to show me my media ?

:)

zero7404_cs, Apr 20, 2020
  2. zero7404_cs Win User

Thanks for the suggestion.

it works and displays all my media without the limited file count i saw with the "Movies & TV" app.

not ideal, but it works ....

just wondering why the "My Media" app doesn't.
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

have you installed the free vlc player on the xbox, that may work.
  4. Hazy Arc Win User

DNLA media Player

My Xbox doesn't even detect my PC. When I launch the media player app, I get the message that I have to connect to a DLNA server or USB drive to view media. If I launch my Xbox 360's media app, I see my desktop's DLNA server in addition to the Plex server
    I'm running. This is using the same network cable for both the 360 and the Xbox One.
  5. IceStorm III Win User

Network Attached Stoarge

The My Cloud has a built-in DLNA server.
  6. Captain_WD Win User

Connect to DLNA server

do you have the DLNA option enabled on your WD My Cloud? What application/player are you using to play your files?

Here's a video with a guide on how to set up the DLNA on your console: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEyll81Hsdk

This topic can also be helpful:
    www.neogaf.com/.../showthread.php

Thema:

1. WD My Cloud DLNA server not detected by Xbox One S - Similar Threads - Cloud DLNA server

2. cant play xbox cloud in morocco

in XBoX Accessibility
    cant play xbox cloud in morocco: hello microsoft team, i use microsoft game pass in my pc, its work great. now am in other city for some days, and i havent my pc but i have the META QUEST 3 the perfect device for travel because...
  3. Is there a way to delete cloud save data with no Internet connection to the Xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to delete cloud save data with no Internet connection to the Xbox?: I don't have home internet, and the data is getting miscalculated by my provider and I can't use all of the hotspot they say I have access to.(i.e. I download a 5Gb update, and it blows through...
  4. Access to cloud save files from Xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    Access to cloud save files from Xbox?: I have been playing Ark Survival Ascended on Xbox series x. Following a recent update, the save file for the scorched earth map appears corrupted. It crashes on loading, every time. I have tried...
  5. overwatch 2 should be in Xbox cloud

in XboX Insiders
    overwatch 2 should be in Xbox cloud: overwatch 2in xbox cloud could be so usefull submitted by /u/Apprehensive_Low_965 [link] [comments]
  6. Wordament states I have two cloud files with different dates. Aks me to choose a file then...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wordament states I have two cloud files with different dates. Aks me to choose a file then...: Wordament opens to state I have two games with different start dates, . Wants me to choose which file / game to use, then refuses to acknowledge my choice. tech help was useless because it...
  7. Xbox series s - Upload saved games to the cloud.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s - Upload saved games to the cloud.: Hi all, Any chance to explain how to choose a game and upload his save game MANUALLY to the cloud? On PlayStation it was so easy, choose the game, select the content, select the save game then...
  8. using my switch joycons on my macbook with cloud gaming, every button seems to work except...

in XBoX on Consoles
    using my switch joycons on my macbook with cloud gaming, every button seems to work except...: using my switch joycons on my macbook with cloud gaming, every button seems to work except for the a button, it responds as if i was hitting b. any way i can fix this?...
  9. Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.: For some reason Cloud Gaming doesn't show up in the xbox app. ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Apps / Xbox on Windows*** 7a6b3c91-6652-4f0e-86a2-b8387f7b540f
  10. Is Cloud Gaming coming to South Africa

in XBoX on Windows
    Is Cloud Gaming coming to South Africa: Im not sure if I can ask this here but I’m from South Africa and would like to know is Cloud Gaming coming to South Africa 36554a53-608f-4e0e-9da5-07d498d2b6aa