Ways of connecting to Xbox Live!

Discus and support Ways of connecting to Xbox Live! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello! I am moving in with my other half in the summer, and the flat we are moving Into does not have any fibre optic in the area. The broadband speeds... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xX Gazza 7 Xx, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Ways of connecting to Xbox Live!

Hello! I am moving in with my other half in the summer, and the flat we are moving Into does not have any fibre optic in the area. The broadband speeds from all the main suppliers are somewhere between 0.02 - 2.00 which is shocking! Are there any other
    ways of connecting to Xbox Live? Would a dongle connected to 4G work? Any suggestions would be appreciated! Forgot to mention this is on Xbox one Thanks! Ways of connecting to Xbox Live! :)

:)

xX Gazza 7 Xx, Jan 5, 2014
  2. WPAK
    WPAK Guest
    Game Updates?

No it is not possible other then connecting the xbox console to xbox live.

-

Those other ways, are unsupported ways (and will likely break the Terms of Use or Code of Conduct) and therefor it's not allowed to discuss them in the forums.

WPAK, Jan 5, 2014
  3. AwwabShuaib
    AwwabShuaib Guest
    Can't Connect To Xbox Live

Hey Friends.

My Xbox 360 cannot connect to xbox live... it gives me the DNS error, I Have tried each one of the Ways to connect but no use.... plz tell me what to do, it was connecting in april 2013 but not connecting now... plz HELP!

AwwabShuaib, Jan 5, 2014
  4. Ways of connecting to Xbox Live!

Hey there Gazza. First off, HUGE congrats on moving in with your SO. Best move of my life, and I wish you all the best. As for your connection, that is a sadder story. For now there is no supported method of connecting a dongle for networking purposes. If
    you are using a phone as your 4G device it SHOULD be possible to create a wifi hotspot and then connect your console to that wirelessly. It is not going to be an amazing connection (more than likely will see lag issues in game causes by the instability of
    the connection type), but might be enough to stay connected depending on the quality of your 4G connection. 2 Mb internet connections are high enough to support an Xbox Live connection so you might actually be fine with your internet service provider, but
    if not it sounds like you could have a hotspot alternative. Best of luck.

XB1R Hephaestus, Jan 7, 2014
  5. I use a 4G hotspot and it does work, however, you will have a Strict NAT which can make it hard to connect to chats reliably and you will see some lag. At this time it seems that using an iPhone (wi-fi or via USB) to connect isn't possible so you would
    have to use a hotspot accessory in that case.

EnchantedDaisy, Oct 31, 2018
  6. XB1R Hephaestus Win User

Hey there Gazza. First off, HUGE congrats on moving in with your SO. Best move of my life, and I wish you all the best. As for your connection, that is a sadder story. For now there is no supported method of connecting a dongle for networking purposes. If
    you are using a phone as your 4G device it SHOULD be possible to create a wifi hotspot and then connect your console to that wirelessly. It is not going to be an amazing connection (more than likely will see lag issues in game causes by the instability of
    the connection type), but might be enough to stay connected depending on the quality of your 4G connection. 2 Mb internet connections are high enough to support an Xbox Live connection so you might actually be fine with your internet service provider, but
    if not it sounds like you could have a hotspot alternative. Best of luck.
  7. EnchantedDaisy Win User

I use a 4G hotspot and it does work, however, you will have a Strict NAT which can make it hard to connect to chats reliably and you will see some lag. At this time it seems that using an iPhone (wi-fi or via USB) to connect isn't possible so you would
    have to use a hotspot accessory in that case.
  8. ngocphi Win User

DLC xfer without XBL connection?

Nope need a xbox live connection thats the way drm works a download must be associated with a console or be connected to live
  9. Dibils Win User

So why do you..

how about you get a good connection. xbox live cant magically give you a better connection. if your connection is not good and there is no way to get a better connection then dont pay for xbox live, simples
  10. JeroenBoom Win User

xbox live trouble

Thema:

1. Ways of connecting to Xbox Live! - Similar Threads - Ways connecting Live

2. Is there a way to delete cloud save data with no Internet connection to the Xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to delete cloud save data with no Internet connection to the Xbox?: I don't have home internet, and the data is getting miscalculated by my provider and I can't use all of the hotspot they say I have access to.(i.e. I download a 5Gb update, and it blows through...
  3. What’s the best way to connect my series X to my monitor that doesn’t have HDMI?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What’s the best way to connect my series X to my monitor that doesn’t have HDMI?: I recently purchased a Samsung G85SB gaming monitor. Only after being delivered did I realize it doesn’t have an HDMI port only mini DP, a micro hdmi and a type c input. I could buy adapters to...
  4. Is there a way to fix your control losing connection after clipping something

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to fix your control losing connection after clipping something: Usally when i attempt to clip a moment in the game after i press the button to clip. My remotes enters "pairing mode" as it blinks and goes on and off. On the screen it asks me to confirm my...
  5. Is there a way to connect my Xbox to my laptop screen using HDMI

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a way to connect my Xbox to my laptop screen using HDMI: does anybody know of any ways to connect my Xbox to my laptop screen using HDMI . I heard there used to be an Xbox companion app to which I found out it was discontinued . does anyone know of any...
  6. Is there a way to connect a Xbox to a different device other than a tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to connect a Xbox to a different device other than a tv: I broke my hdmi port and I need to hook up my Xbox some other way, i just need to be able to see the screen so I can connect it to the Xbox app 19720997-d81f-40c4-a11c-0fadc0f62656
  7. A way to recover deleted email account or move Minecraft connection to another account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    A way to recover deleted email account or move Minecraft connection to another account?: I have an account with a deleted Gmail associated with it. I foolishly deleted it without considering any consequences. I have a Minecraft Java account connected to that email, and I cannot access...
  8. Is there any way I can connect a usb headset to my Xbox One?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there any way I can connect a usb headset to my Xbox One?: I know this issue can easily be solved by purchasing a compatible headset, but is there any way I can connect a USB headset to my Xbox One? 33eb0ea3-0e21-42c3-af13-2bb0e21a524e
  9. Any way to permanently connect your Microsoft account to your Switch version of Minecraft?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Any way to permanently connect your Microsoft account to your Switch version of Minecraft?: I've been playing for a while and it's quite repetitive to remote connect every time I boot up Minecraft on my Switch. If there's any way I can somehow keep my account connected to my switch, it...
  10. Cannot connect to Xbox live in any way possible.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to Xbox live in any way possible.: 3-4 months since i got a new xbox 360 (yes i know it's very late) and i'v never been able to connect to Xbox live. -I live in Lebanon. -Thomson telecom router brand. -Thomson TG585v7 router....